The Student Room Group

NCS 2021 - Newham Collegiate Sixth Form

Anyone applying here this year?
Put your chosen subjects and predicted grades.
Anyone got a reply or offers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blueclouds2022

I haven't heard anything back from them. Not sure what my predicted grades are,as I haven't done mocks.
Original post by Maths geek 2020
I haven't heard anything back from them. Not sure what my predicted grades are,as I haven't done mocks.

What grades did you put down on the application?
What subjects do you wanna do? I wanna do maths, chem and bio
What grades did you put down on the application?
What subjects do you wanna do? I wanna do maths, chem and bio

and psychology
and psychology

I've applied for maths, further maths, physics and economics. I can't remember what I put down, but they haven't contacted my school yet, as far as I know. Were we suppose to get the grades from our teachers?

I applied for September 2021 to study maths, further maths physics and chemistry, my predicted grades are 9999988887 and I know they read my ps and liked it but despite them saying they'd get back to me they haven't yet /:, I just wanted to know if they've spoken to anyone but as far as I am concerned I haven't heard of anyone who's gotten a reply /offer
How do you know they read your PS and liked it? They haven’t contacted me at all. I don’t think they contacted my teachers either.
How do you know they read your PS and liked it? They haven’t contacted me at all. I don’t think they contacted my teachers either.

I got two emails, one from a member of staff saying they liked my ps, and one confirming my reference from the application software, but then again they do everything on a rolling basis and probably are just being a bit slow to get round to everyone. If you don't think they've contacted your reference please ask your teachers and then NCS!
Reply 8
That’s literally the same for me. I plan to study Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Further Maths. I applied early January.I’m predicted 9999999887 and I also got an email with praise for my ps and that they I should feel free to reply with any questions, and that they’d get back to me. I did email back with some questions and they didn’t reply. I haven’t heard anything since
You too. I didn’t, so I suppose they aren’t interested in me.
Original post by JustAStudent04
I got two emails, one from a member of staff saying they liked my ps, and one confirming my reference from the application software, but then again they do everything on a rolling basis and probably are just being a bit slow to get round to everyone. If you don't think they've contacted your reference please ask your teachers and then NCS!

I didn’t get any confirmation about receiving a reference, do they contact the school or do we get the school to contact them?
I didn’t get any confirmation about receiving a reference, do they contact the school or do we get the school to contact them?

You need a teacher to do the reference for you, and then you should get an email sent to you saying ‘Notify Student About Reference Completed’. So you might want to check with your teacher about that, and if they’re in the clear try to follow up with NCS
Original post by evelinaa
You need a teacher to do the reference for you, and then you should get an email sent to you saying ‘Notify Student About Reference Completed’. So you might want to check with your teacher about that, and if they’re in the clear try to follow up with NCS

The last time I checked, which was a few weeks ago, she said NCS hadn’t contacted her. Son maybe they only contact those applicant whose personal statement they like and come under widen participation.’ As you said, you had an email saying they liked your personal statement.
Hello. I have also applied to the NCS Sixth form and I out the grades which I got in Mocks as the following:9 in Math, 9 in chemistry, 9 in Physics, 8 in Biology and 9 in History and 7 in PE, Media, RS and I got grade 6 in English Language. So my application is completed in January and they sent me an email and they said your school has confirmed your predicted grades, my personal statement was perfect as well, and when I login into my application it says reference is completed, application is completed and it said pending offer. So I dont know what is pending offer, but I dont know am I gonna get in or not by these grades which I got?
Original post by Ali.m2004
Hello. I have also applied to the NCS Sixth form and I out the grades which I got in Mocks as the following:9 in Math, 9 in chemistry, 9 in Physics, 8 in Biology and 9 in History and 7 in PE, Media, RS and I got grade 6 in English Language. So my application is completed in January and they sent me an email and they said your school has confirmed your predicted grades, my personal statement was perfect as well, and when I login into my application it says reference is completed, application is completed and it said pending offer. So I dont know what is pending offer, but I dont know am I gonna get in or not by these grades which I got?

Your grades are amazing, I just don't think they've gotten back to many people/ anyone yet. Pending offer just means they haven't decided yet.
Your grades are amazing, I just don't think they've gotten back to many people/ anyone yet. Pending offer just means they haven't decided yet.

Thanks. I hope you get into NCS sixth form as well. What was the grades that you put into your application? and what subjects you wanna do in your A-Levels?
Original post by Ali.m2004
Thanks. I hope you get into NCS sixth form as well. What was the grades that you put into your application? and what subjects you wanna do in your A-Levels?

Oh I posted what I'm aiming for a few posts up, but I'm 988 for chem physics and maths
Oh I posted what I'm aiming for a few posts up, but I'm 988 for chem physics and maths

Yh I see your grades was pretty better than me because I had few grade 7 and one grade 6 but your least grade was 8. well done.
Any news?
Any news?

I got a taster day for NCS. They sent an email out today

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending