The Student Room Group

Any advice on my youtube channel:

Hi,

I have a youtube channel and here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5lZZuXTJBo8KmyWhfNmaPg/featured

I feel I could make improvements but not sure what maybe can y'all maybe tell me advice on how to make it better or good if not thats okay thanks.

Try and edit/film everything in landscape so that it is easier and bigger for the viewer to watch on YouTube.

You can always use YouTube's audio library for all sorts of free music and it has really wide range of selections!

I suggest getting DaVinci Resolve 17 (free version) if your laptop is powerful enough to handle it. It's very good and can be compared to more well-known editing software like Adobe Premiere Pro & FinalCutPro (OS). Although the learning curve is a little steep, it is very good if you get used to it. If you have an iPhone/Mac, iMovie is very easy to start off with.

Maybe do edits of really famous people if you want to kick off. I know it may not be how you want it, but it's good to start you off.

Typical YouTube videos have a sweet-spot of 8 minutes so try and meet that.

Try to post weekly.

That's all I can think of at the moment :smile: Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by TSR User_123
Hi,

I have a youtube channel and here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5lZZuXTJBo8KmyWhfNmaPg/featured

I feel I could make improvements but not sure what maybe can y'all maybe tell me advice on how to make it better or good if not thats okay thanks.

It looked good tbh but i'm confused as to the theme of the channel. is it putting together compilation pictures of youtubers?

I think you could improve the youtube 101 edits logo that appears at the start of one of the videos as it looks a bit basic. although i guess that would depend on your editing software...

overall though i was impressed.
Reply 3
If you want Adobe After affects, Premier Pro etc shoot me a PM..
Original post by ANM775
It looked good tbh but i'm confused as to the theme of the channel. is it putting together compilation pictures of youtubers?

I think you could improve the youtube 101 edits logo that appears at the start of one of the videos as it looks a bit basic. although i guess that would depend on your editing software...

overall though i was impressed.

Yes it is a complication of putting images of youtubers in a video and edit because the current editing app I use it only uses images and not videos, and it was on my computer but I kind of don't like it because I can't put videos in and tranitions in the video.

Oh okay.
be a sibling to an established youtuber

Quick Reply

Latest