The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by medhopeeful
Give it some time.. I’ve been anxious too and they emailed me this morning and nothing else since.. I guess all we can do is just wait! Hopefully you and I both get a response by tomorrow?!

Lets hope so! Fingers crossed. A few people have already gotten interviews, that’s why I’m kinda worried
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by lucasxtan
Lets hope so! Fingers crossed. A few people have already gotten interviews, that’s why I’m kinda worried

Same tbh… made me panic a bit but I guess we gotta trust that it’s just being processed with the tons they got!!
can somebody expain me the clearing process with sgul? i have just submitted my clearing application form. i am supposed to do anything else at the moment?
Original post by sb6318
can somebody expain me the clearing process with sgul? i have just submitted my clearing application form. i am supposed to do anything else at the moment?

So basically as long as you have a UCAT >2620, and are either a grad with a 2:1 or AAA at A-level you can apply. They usually offer interviews on a first come first-served basis. It can take a while to process the application hence the wait.
Original post by gpcr1997
So basically as long as you have a UCAT >2620, and are either a grad with a 2:1 or AAA at A-level you can apply. They usually offer interviews on a first come first-served basis. It can take a while to process the application hence the wait.

thank you!
Reply 2305
Original post by nonall
that’s so unfortunate, but may I ask why are you considering taking gap year when you are not planning to apply for medicine? almost all of the courses are offered via clearing rn.

damn. I feel sorry for you man. I was rejected this year for all my medicine offers as well despite getting interviews from 2 unis. I'm thinking of just taking a gap year and reapplying to study medicine if it don't get a place. if I don't, I'm thinking of just studying biomedical science at St Georges. it's a shame those unis have missed out on an exceptional student like you.
I been waiting on their call for additional information since yesterday morning. I tried calling them today and after 40mins of waiting they ended the call from their end. Which I assume was a mistake then recalled straight after waited for 30mins until it past 4 and no one picked up.
Has anyone been waiting for their call since yesterday?
Original post by Med1Day
I been waiting on their call for additional information since yesterday morning. I tried calling them today and after 40mins of waiting they ended the call from their end. Which I assume was a mistake then recalled straight after waited for 30mins until it past 4 and no one picked up.

Yes I’m in the same situation!
Original post by Victoria_lmr
Yes I’m in the same situation!

So frustrating when some people have already had their interviews submitted. Just makes me that much more worried and anxious
Original post by Med1Day
So frustrating when some people have already had their interviews submitted. Just makes me that much more worried and anxious

Yeah same 🥺
Original post by Med1Day

I’m in the same boat too! Got a text yesterday morning and confirmation email this morning, but no call from them. I’m super confused cause I’m not sure if we didn’t make it or they’re still going through our application
Original post by lucasxtan
I’m in the same boat too! Got a text yesterday morning and confirmation email this morning, but no call from them. I’m super confused cause I’m not sure if we didn’t make it or they’re still going through our application

Just to be sure, all of you that are waiting for a reply have already got your grades isn't it
Original post by Med1Day

Yep still waiting and I applied at around 9ish yday, I meet their UCAT and grade requirements so it’s just a matter of yes/no…
Reply 2313
wait have you guys got your results already? don't you wait until August?
Reply 2314
Original post by B_$_9
wait have you guys got your results already? don't you wait until August?

This is early clearing for St George's. If you already have your grades (e.g. gap year or post-degree) then you can apply before main clearing which opens on A-level results day.
Reply 2315
oh I see. I thought some schools already released their results. thank you very much for clearing it up
Original post by Alex2803
Just to be sure, all of you that are waiting for a reply have already got your grades isn't it

Yes, I’ve already gotten my grades! I’m an intl student
Reply 2317
Original post by B_$_9
oh I see. I thought some schools already released their results. thank you very much for clearing it up

IB results were out yesterday.
Been offered an interview. Waiting for the call to book it!
Reply 2319
Good luck

Latest

Trending

Trending