The Student Room Group

St George's, University of London A100 2022 Entry

Hi there, thanks for checking out this thread. This is the 2022 Entry discussion for St George's, University of London A100.

We're now onto the 2023 application cycle, you can find the 2023 thread here. Of course, you are still welcome to browse this thread as well, but please post in the 2023 one if you have questions about SGUL.
:biggrin:

Welcome to the St George's A100 2022 Entry Discussion.

SGUL A100 2021 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560850

For general information click: https://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduate-courses/medicine-mbbs

For entry requirements click: https://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduate-courses/medicine-mbbs/entry-criteria

SGUL A100 2022 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7170873

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does St Georges rank the applicants' ucat scores and do they accept predicted grades of AAA?
Reply 2
Original post by Jvug2321
Does St Georges rank the applicants' ucat scores and do they accept predicted grades of AAA?

Yes and yes
Reply 3
Past cut offs are posted on SGUL's website.
I think the same thing applies here as the advice I gave about Southampton
Though interim scores haven't been released yet and I know it's difficult to predict trends, could we expect a similar increase of UCAT cut offs? I was looking at SGUL and their UCAT cut off increased massively from 2020 entry to 2021 entry and though I might want to apply, I fear that my score of 2730 will make it risky :frown:
Reply 5
"At St George’s, we strive to ensure our admissions process is fair and transparent. In order to make sure every applicant is treated equally, we use a process based on objective measures. For example, while we take the time to read your personal statement, it is not formally assessed, or used to determine whether you will be invited for a Multiple Mini Interview (MMI)." - I am very confused.....
Original post by Jvug2321
"At St George’s, we strive to ensure our admissions process is fair and transparent. In order to make sure every applicant is treated equally, we use a process based on objective measures. For example, while we take the time to read your personal statement, it is not formally assessed, or used to determine whether you will be invited for a Multiple Mini Interview (MMI)." - I am very confused.....

I think it is just saying that it will use evidence that is unbiased, such as the UCAT, rather than using subjective evidence which would include personal statements since it is written by the applicant and so is biased towards the applicant (not sure if that made sense..)
I have scored 2670 and Band 3 in my UCAT and my A Levels are A*AA. GCSEs are 988888876, am I likely to get an interview?? Also I’m worried as last year cut off was 2620 and the year before that was 2530 and year before that was 2490 which is a big jump, is it likely to happen this year too? Many thanks
Reply 8
Anyone who has had an offer for 201 entry would you mind sharing your application experience and what made you successful your credentials and stats... getting my application ready for 2022 entry... waiting for my Gamsat results . The wait is killing me..
Reply 9
Original post by Laynz1
Anyone who has had an offer for 201 entry would you mind sharing your application experience and what made you successful your credentials and stats... getting my application ready for 2022 entry... waiting for my Gamsat results . The wait is killing me..

Hola! In terms of getting an interview, St George’s only has two criteria that matter:

1) Meeting the GAMSAT cut off, which has been between 57-60 since 2016 (though it’s been as high as 62 in the past)

2) Whether or not you completed your degree within the past 5 years

Provided that you meet those two criteria, then you should get an invitation to interview.

As for the interview, our cohort had to self-record answers to interview questions we were given on the date of our interview. We had three hours to record and upload these.

I’m not sure if they will be doing that again this year because we aren’t in the midst of a national lockdown like we were at the time.

The same principal as a regular MMI remained though, different questions each covering different themes. All I can say is make sure you answer all parts of the question and be sure to include examples from your own experiences. This makes sure your answers don’t sound generic and shows you have put the work in to reflect on your experiences to have a good enough insight into what being a doctor and studying medicine is like.

There are a few resources online you can use and some books that have banks of practice questions. Go through these so you start getting a feel for what you might get asked, and most importantly so you already have a set of examples of your own experiences ready in your mind for the actual interviews.

Hope that was helpful!
Reply 10
Thankyou so much for that . Will my personal statement be looked at or scored or touched upon in interview?
Original post by Laynz1
Thankyou so much for that . Will my personal statement be looked at or scored or touched upon in interview?

I’m not sure about it being asked at interview, but I know that personal statements aren’t actively used in selecting people for interview.

It would be a good idea to still be familiar with what you talked about in your personal statement though as it will have information about your experiences that you’ll want to talk about during your interview.
Reply 12
Great. What month are interview invites sent out?
Original post by Laynz1
Great. What month are interview invites sent out?

People who got really high GAMSAT scores (70+) got interviewed very early on in November but the majority of us got our invitations to interview mid-January and were interviewed throughout February. Good luck on your application!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 14
Thankyou once again.
Hello undergrad here just did my UCAT today. Just wondering which unis I can apply to and which ones I'm most likely to get into!

A-Levels (achieved)- bio chem and maths: A*A*A*
GCSE- 9887666654 (these include 6s in English and 8 in maths. bio-7 chem-8 and physics-9

UCAT: 2800
VR- 570
DM- 670
QR- 760
AR- 800
SJT- Band 2

Applied for Plymouth, hull, kent, and Liverpool last year. only got an interview at Plymouth and the score was only 5 points off the cut-off ://

Work experience- worked in Sainsbury's for a year lol and going to shadow in a hospital with physios, consultants, surgeons, pharmacists for a week starting tomorrow. also going to work in the NHS as a nursing assistant for a year throughout my gap year. going to volunteer for the NHS also. also volunteered at a care home for 3 days. and done bsms virtual work experience and observe gp virtual work experience

Will I be able to get in for st georges?
Original post by prab123889
Hello undergrad here just did my UCAT today. Just wondering which unis I can apply to and which ones I'm most likely to get into!

A-Levels (achieved)- bio chem and maths: A*A*A*
GCSE- 9887666654 (these include 6s in English and 8 in maths. bio-7 chem-8 and physics-9

UCAT: 2800
VR- 570
DM- 670
QR- 760
AR- 800
SJT- Band 2

Applied for Plymouth, hull, kent, and Liverpool last year. only got an interview at Plymouth and the score was only 5 points off the cut-off ://

Work experience- worked in Sainsbury's for a year lol and going to shadow in a hospital with physios, consultants, surgeons, pharmacists for a week starting tomorrow. also going to work in the NHS as a nursing assistant for a year throughout my gap year. going to volunteer for the NHS also. also volunteered at a care home for 3 days. and done bsms virtual work experience and observe gp virtual work experience

Will I be able to get in for st georges?

Hi, I think with your UCAT score it should be relatively safe to say that you would get an interview( although cut-offs could go up, we can't predict it), in terms or work experience- it should enable you to have valuable skills to talk about in the interview. But they don't really look at the ps b4 interview or even after.
Original post by #sturgeon
Hi, I think with your UCAT score it should be relatively safe to say that you would get an interview( although cut-offs could go up, we can't predict it), in terms or work experience- it should enable you to have valuable skills to talk about in the interview. But they don't really look at the ps b4 interview or even after.

last years cut off was 2620 but with 2800 and 3 A*s I guess I should be safe with Leicester sgul aru and edge hill/newcastle right?
Reply 18
Hi,
I would like to ask if St. George’s need minimum of 600 in each section of the UCAT or not.

Thanks
o

Original post by bbr32
Hi,
I would like to ask if St. George’s need minimum of 600 in each section of the UCAT or not.

Thanks

only need 500 each section. last year cut off was 2620 probs going to be similar or slightly higher

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending