The Student Room Group

Asking Someone Out But You Haven't Come Out Yet.

So the issue i'm facing is that this girl is aparently going to ask me out but doesn't know if I'm part of the LGBTQ+ and so she's hesitant.
However I acctually wouldn't mind if she did and would probably say yes if she asked me out. Now the problem is that i don't identify as Queer to anyone. I'm still in the closet but I don't want to come out yet and- well i think you can seee the issue here.

What should I do? Ask her out first? Let her ask me? Let her just continue to wonder if i'm straight or not?

Pls help.
Reply 1
Well, do you like her?
Reply 2
Original post by agent37
Well, do you like her?

To be blunt: Yes.
Reply 3
Original post by agent37
Well, do you like her?

Yes. I do. However she's a strong and outspoken member of the LGBTQ+ community and i'm like shy from a strict family and I'm not ready to tell the world yet that i'm not straight.....wait maybe do i tell her but then ask her to keep it a secret? I mean we are really good friends but i feel like that would be wrong to make her hide a relantionship.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Yes. I do. However she's a strong and outspoken member of the LGBTQ+ community and i'm like shy from a strict family and I'm not ready to tell the world yet that i'm not straight.....wait maybe do i tell her but then ask her to keep it a secret? I mean we are really good friends but i feel like that would be wrong to make her hide a relantionship.

If you both do genuinely like each other and are prepared to put in the effort to have a relationship, you should both discuss this problem because its not your fault and she should be able to understand how you feel! And maybe try talking to it to close friends/family, if you have any siblings, it's a good idea to see how they react first! This is just my personal viewpoint though!
Reply 5
Original post by agent37
If you both do genuinely like each other and are prepared to put in the effort to have a relationship, you should both discuss this problem because its not your fault and she should be able to understand how you feel! And maybe try talking to it to close friends/family, if you have any siblings, it's a good idea to see how they react first! This is just my personal viewpoint though!

I've acctually got some good news. She asked me out last night and now were's dating but she's agreed to keep PDA to a mimimum as we explore the relationship more. So for now it's private but I hoping to maybe come out later this year.
Thank you for the advice was grrat to be able to talk to someone like you and have your viewpoint be shared,

Thank You!
I've acctually got some good news. She asked me out last night and now were's dating but she's agreed to keep PDA to a mimimum as we explore the relationship more. So for now it's private but I hoping to maybe come out later this year.
Thank you for the advice was grrat to be able to talk to someone like you and have your viewpoint be shared,

Thank You!

That's fantastic! I hope it goes well for y'all, have fun!
Reply 7

Thank You!

You're very welcome! This is fabulous :biggrin:

I'm so glad everything worked out for the both of you! I wish you all the best of luck with everything!

Please feel welcome to contact me at any point if you need any more advice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending