The Student Room Group

Should I continue to pursue this?

So I met up with a girl last week after we matched on Tinder the same day. Twice actually, first in the morning for a coffee, then she invited me over to her place that evening to meet her friends. I was out of town over the weekend and haven't seen her since, but I texted her asking if she wanted to meet up this week, but unfortunately this was her reply:

"I must focus on work🥺 but if I will be available I will let u know that I'm bored or smth"

Ouch. Yeah I know, kinda stung when I read that cause I know it's not a good sign. I'm not even sure where I went wrong in these 2 meet-up, it would be nice to know so I can learn from my mistakes.

Regardless, should I keep the door open to her or just cut ties and move along?
Hasn't been too long, so I'd wait a month at most, wouldn't go further than that.
Original post by urlocalinmate
Hasn't been too long, so I'd wait a month at most, wouldn't go further than that.

How about 2 or 3 weeks instead?
Still early days, but like the person above me said; dont keep the door open for more than a month at most.

It seems like she just wants something casual. You might not have done anything wrong at all; but the fact that she met up with you the same day and brought you to see her friends the first day you met points to her just seeking casual stuff IMO.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Megatitans101
How about 2 or 3 weeks instead?

3 weeks, bare minimum.
Original post by pineapplemango
Still early days, but like the person above me said; dont keep the door open for more than a month at most.

It seems like she just wants something casual. You might not have done anything wrong at all; but the fact that she met up with you the same day and brought you to see her friends the first day you met points to her just seeking casual stuff IMO.

Well honestly that's fine with me cause I'm just looking for something casual right now as well. I guess I'll see what happens
Well honestly that's fine with me cause I'm just looking for something casual right now as well. I guess I'll see what happens

Maybe she thinks you are looking for more and is therefore trying to put in some distance so that you wont get the wrong idea. Guess youll just have to see what happens yeah :smile:
Original post by pineapplemango
Maybe she thinks you are looking for more and is therefore trying to put in some distance so that you wont get the wrong idea. Guess youll just have to see what happens yeah :smile:

UPDATE: Well, looks like things have turned around. She just texted me saying we should go to the gym tomorrow
I mean the fact that she said she would only want to meet up if she was “bored or smth” - I’d have a bit of self respect and move on.
UPDATE: Well, looks like things have turned around. She just texted me saying we should go to the gym tomorrow

Annnnddd since then I haven't seen her. Idk what it is. One week she's happy to see me, the next she's not. I don't get it. Not sure where I went wrong. I made it clear that I'm not looking to just be friends, we did match on Tinder after all.

Maybe I didn't do anything wrong. I just learned that you can do everything right on the first 3 dates and it can still not work out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending