The Student Room Group

Thoughts on Peppa Pig?

My friend wanted to watch some re-runs of Peppa Pig and as we were re-watching them, I got more and more annoyed as the episodes went on! Was Peppa Pig always this rude and toxic?

What are your thoughts on Peppa Pig? Watching it again is making me re-evaluate the show - Peppa constantly body-shames her father and the whole show keeps emphasising colours to genders...?

Yes, I know I'm making a big deal out of a show made for toddlers but seriously though, after watching it today, I'm starting to wonder if it's a good idea to let kids watch this...

(Cut me some slack, it's 22:19 and I haven't slept for the last two days)

Scroll to see replies

I don't think about Peppa pig.
Reply 2
Original post by Broken Leg
I don't think about Peppa pig.

Wish I could say the same... :frown:
Original post by agent37
My friend wanted to watch some re-runs of Peppa Pig and as we were re-watching them, I got more and more annoyed as the episodes went on! Was Peppa Pig always this rude and toxic?

What are your thoughts on Peppa Pig? Watching it again is making me re-evaluate the show - Peppa constantly body-shames her father and the whole show keeps emphasising colours to genders...?

Yes, I know I'm making a big deal out of a show made for toddlers but seriously though, after watching it today, I'm starting to wonder if it's a good idea to let kids watch this...

(Cut me some slack, it's 22:19 and I haven't slept for the last two days)

you sound like a tiresome wokeist.
It's entertaining but I see your point :lol:
And that one Rabbit does every job at once…
Reply 6
Original post by A Rolling Stone

Oops, that wasn't what I was going for-

I was mostly trying to see if other people kind of thought the same since my friend's little sister watches it and she constantly references Peppa Pig and her parents hate it - and man was Peppa annoying when I watched it again today - constant whining and downright savage :argh:
Original post by agent37
Wish I could say the same... :frown:

I don't know how you would cope with fairy tales....

Don't let OP know about the truth behind Disney :lol:
Reply 9
Original post by Vapordave
It's entertaining but I see your point :lol:

Agreed, it's entertaining :biggrin:
I have to say, I do prefer Ben and Holly's little kingdom though, both shows share a lot of voice actors!

Original post by fish finger fan

That rabbit shares the same voice actress as the character "Nanny Plum" in Ben and Holly's little kingdom and I think it's great- that episode when she meets the queen is hella mad
Original post by A Rolling Stone

I don't think OP is being woke, they don't seem to be trying to raise class consciousness.
Why does everyone live on a hill?
I understand where you're coming from, but I think those comments just reflect the blunt nature of kids themselves. They don't censor what they're saying because they don't know what's politically correct at their age.
Reply 13

Spoiler

Original post by RazzzBerries

tOo LaTe :colondollar:
Reply 14
You see peppa pig. I see raw bacon :dontknow:
Original post by fish finger fan

A common misconception. Miss Rabbit does a lot of jobs as a running joke, but she doesn't do the heavy construction jobs or the bins, which is done by the bull guy.
Original post by agent37
tOo LaTe :colondollar:

Uh oh, well I expect another thread from you then :lol:

Original post by 4D Chess

outta pocket oh my :rofl:
I can’t stand Peppa, as the character. My nephew watches it all the time and her voice goes right through me. It’s very annoying. Wouldn’t be my first pick if I was choosing something for him to watch.

He’s started watching French and Spanish versions of Peppa Pig, which neither of us can understand :laugh:

But I wonder where Daddy Pig’s parents are, why they all live on hills and how much Miss Rabbit gets paid per year. She must be paying an awful lot of tax :holmes:
(edited 2 years ago)

I've always shyed away from Disney films, couldn't stand them as a child, still can't stand them as an adult.

The original fairy tales really are horrific. Did you ever read blue beard as a child?
Reply 19
I understand where you're coming from, but I think those comments just reflect the blunt nature of kids themselves. They don't censor what they're saying because they don't know what's politically correct at their age.

Very true, but not sure if that's what parents would want their kids to have as their role model - she straight-up calls her dad useless and fat almost every episode - rip Daddy Pig :rolleyes:

Original post by 4D Chess

:colone: I like your style

Original post by Trinculo
A common misconception. Miss Rabbit does a lot of jobs as a running joke, but she doesn't do the heavy construction jobs or the bins, which is done by the bull guy.

0-0 ....How much Peppa Pig have you watched?

Uh oh, well I expect another thread from you then :lol:

outta pocket oh my :rofl:

Oh...don't even get me started :eek3:

Quick Reply

Latest