The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam University Clearing and Adjustment 2021

This is a thread to discuss Sheffield Hallam University for Clearing 2021.

You can find their current course listings here >>

Find other Clearing discussions here on TSR >>

Find all the information you need about Clearing here >>

Good luck with everything!
Posting to subscribe :bl:
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Hello!

Please feel free to us ask any questions about Clearing here - we are happy to help! We also have an official account for our student ambassadors, so tag @hallamstudents to hear about their experience of applying through Clearing.

We wish you the best of luck!

Arzu and Stacey - Official Sheffield Hallam reps :smile:
Hey everyone,

I've been through the Clearing process with Sheffield Hallam so feel free to ask me anything about how everything works. Like many people on a-level results day, I didn't get the grades I'd hoped for to study Biochemistry at Hallam, but I knew I definitely wanted to go to the uni that year so I decided to call the Clearing number to see how they could help. The adviser was really supportive and reassuring which was great to here after the dull news earlier in the morning and she helped me explore my options for other courses. All I had to do was give them my grades, let them know what sort of courses I was interested and why I wanted to study here. I ended up choosing Biology and I was really pleased I had been accepted into my first choice university and was excited to move to Sheffield. I was able to sort my student finance in time so it arrived the same time as other students and I managed to secure a good accommodation. I discovered the course wasn't for me and was able to change after my first year to a business and financial management course, which although they can't guarantee shows Hallam's flexibility if there are still spaces on a course.

Despite what people seem to think Clearing is a great opportunity to get into the uni you want to go to, explore courses that match your grades, to apply if you missed the UCAS deadline and even just to switch universities if you've changed your mind about your firm choice. You can even use adjustment to do the same if you get better grades than you were expecting. Although it's good to remember that not all courses are in clearing and you can [url=https://www.shu.ac.uk/courses?page=0&perPage=5&query=&yearOfEntry=2021%2F22&inclearing[0]=true]search for Clearing courses online. I've not been treated any differently as a Clearing student and in fact as soon as I got here it was never mentioned again. So don't shy away from the opportunity to get a great uni place through Clearing, I wouldn't be where I am without it!

Harry - Sheffield Hallam student ambassador :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
If the course is advertised as clearing with 80 ucas points but my offer was 120 ucas points. If I get 80 ucas points on results day will I just be automatically accepted?
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hello!

Please feel free to us ask any questions about Clearing here - we are happy to help! We also have an official account for our student ambassadors, so tag @hallamstudents to hear about their experience of applying through Clearing.

We wish you the best of luck!

Arzu and Stacey - Official Sheffield Hallam reps :smile:

Hi, thanks for the opportunity to ask questions, I applied through clearing last month for Nursing, had my interview some days ago and was told I will get an offer via the admissions clearing team, I am just wondering how long I have to wait as I had to follow up with calls after I applied to hear back for the interview. I understand it's so busy but I am so excited to start the pre-enrolment process.
Hello,I applied for nursing through cleaning and had my interview on 30th July, got an email saying I had been successful and had to sending some documents etc. What’s the next stage in the process and how long will it be until I hear?
Original post by Summer2021
Hello,I applied for nursing through cleaning and had my interview on 30th July, got an email saying I had been successful and had to sending some documents etc. What’s the next stage in the process and how long will it be until I hear?

Congratulations, it took you a week to hear back? Is it Bsc or Msc nursing? I bet you have to fulfill whatever conditions then get an unconditional offer.
Original post by Anonymous
Congratulations, it took you a week to hear back? Is it Bsc or Msc nursing? I bet you have to fulfill whatever conditions then get an unconditional offer.

Thank you, it’s a Bsc full time course. Yes I applied, had a zoom interview and received an email saying I had been successful within a week. They are just waiting for a character reference at the moment, I’m guessing after that I will hear about the next stage. Have you applied for Bsc?
Original post by Summer2021
Thank you, it’s a Bsc full time course. Yes I applied, had a zoom interview and received an email saying I had been successful within a week. They are just waiting for a character reference at the moment, I’m guessing after that I will hear about the next stage. Have you applied for Bsc?

Congratulations, I applied for an Msc you should hear back soon as they get the ref, I bet you start in September.
Original post by seshv1
If the course is advertised as clearing with 80 ucas points but my offer was 120 ucas points. If I get 80 ucas points on results day will I just be automatically accepted?

Hi @seshv1

There may be some flexibility with the UCAS points, but this may depend on overall demand and there is no guarantee your place will be confirmed. Final decisions are at the discretion of our admissions staff and tutors.

Arzu - Official Sheffield Hallam rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending