The Student Room Group

2021 Clearing threads on TSR and get help from uni's here!

Here's a big list of where you can get Clearing help on TSR and speak to specific universities :woo: Clearing opens on the 5th July, and this thread will get bigger and bigger as more unis put out their 2021 courses available in Clearing.

Just click through to these threads and ask your questions there to get a response :h:

Click +Show on the alphabetical order below to find the threads! Try the rep threads first, and if it's not there then scroll down to all the uni threads :biggrin:

Here is a list of useful resources about Clearing in 2021 you might find helpful :smile:

Be Prepared for Results Day - download our template

Clearing 2021 FAQ and ask questions here

Your one stop shop for Clearing - guide to Clearing 2021

Top ranking universities in Clearing this year

I'll be adding more of these as I find them so if you see one I've missed or you've made your own please let me know :ahee:

Universities Rep Clearing help threads:

A to O

P to Z

General Clearing Advice Threads:

ABC

DEF

GHI

JKL

MNO

PQR

STU

VWXYZ

(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Posting in case anybody wants any help, I'm very available throughout the next few weeks and months so do just tag me if you need some guidance in terms of uni applications. :smile:
Original post by 04MR17
Posting in case anybody wants any help, I'm very available throughout the next few weeks and months so do just tag me if you need some guidance in terms of uni applications. :smile:

hi there! i kinda need help with my uni application :frown:
Original post by BluePurpSky
hi there! i kinda need help with my uni application :frown:
Sure thing :grin:

What's the problem? :smile:
I’m so confused(parent). Looking at clearing incase DD goes down that route, but do all the uni’s list the lower grades they’ll accept? A lot listed are showing the same
Original post by Dwafffamily
I’m so confused(parent). Looking at clearing incase DD goes down that route, but do all the uni’s list the lower grades they’ll accept? A lot listed are showing the same
Yes. :smile: They will show the same grades if they have vacancies for the course but are not reducing their grades *yet*. If those vacancies aren't filled after 10th August you may see them slide. However, this year, due to TAGs it's expected by those institutions that grades generally will be higher than normal year's.
Original post by 04MR17
Sure thing :grin:

What's the problem? :smile:

may i pm you :smile: ?
Original post by BluePurpSky
may i pm you :smile: ?
You can, :smile: but it's usually better if you post in a public thread because if I don't know the answer I can tag someone who will. :wink:
Hi StrawberryDreams,

Thank you for gathering these resources and making a stressful process a lot easier. A thread for University of Hull applicants has just been created if you could please link this also? (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7064446)

Lizzy, Student ambassador
Original post by 04MR17

Hello! I am a first year student at uni, and am struggling passing the year, say I fail and receive my results at the end of august Am i able to go into this years clearing without applying again to universities or it doesnt work like that?
Original post by hallaluliah
Hello! I am a first year student at uni, and am struggling passing the year, say I fail and receive my results at the end of august Am i able to go into this years clearing without applying again to universities or it doesnt work like that?
Technically speaking here. You can apply to a university through clearing, yes. You would need to pay the full application fee and fill out the full application (including personal statement). In many cases you'd be applying to start another course from scratch here. If you wanted a second year entry then chances are this would take more time for the university to process and sort amid of the clearing fray.

However, not speaking technically here. That's not usually how things are done. I'd strongly recommend reading this:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1781424
If i feel like I'm not going to get the grades I need to meet my offer, can i talk to my uni who gave me the offer and ask them to accept me? If so what is the best way to go about this. thanks
Original post by bhljhvcvtifr
If i feel like I'm not going to get the grades I need to meet my offer, can i talk to my uni who gave me the offer and ask them to accept me? If so what is the best way to go about this. thanks

Hey!

Firstly, I know it's scary when you think you're grades aren't going to be what you hoped, so take a deep breath. :smile:

At this stage, there isn't much you can do - calling up the university without knowing what your grades are and asking them to accept you won't work unfortunately as achieved grades are a condition of your offer. Remember - you may get accepted even if you do narrowly miss your grades, so don't start panicking yet.

If on the day you don't get accepted and the course is full (i.e. no spaces left in Clearing) your best bet is to start looking at other options.

What you can do now is start to get prepared for the eventuality that you may miss your grades and end up in Clearing to help you feel calmer about the situation.

There is some really useful info here about Clearing and here you can download a template to start your research so your back up plan is sorted and in front of you.

I hope this helps but do ask if you have any other questions :hugs:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Dwafffamily

The grades they will accept will often go down on results day when they know what vacancies they have, and are eager to fill them. Having said that, the most competitive unis (and courses) may not have to reduce their grades even if they enter Clearing.
Hi guys,

These might be silly questions but just want to clarify:

1) If your firm is in clearing, could their entry requirements be lowered on results day to keep offer holders?
2) If you are rejected from your firm because of grades on results day, will they hold your place if you try to appeal the grades?
Original post by RazzzBerries
Hi guys,

These might be silly questions but just want to clarify:

1) If your firm is in clearing, could their entry requirements be lowered on results day to keep offer holders?
2) If you are rejected from your firm because of grades on results day, will they hold your place if you try to appeal the grades?

1) Yes they could

2) You would need to talk to them about this. In the past some Unis have and some haven’t or have not held places open for long enough
Original post by harrysbar
1) Yes they could

2) You would need to talk to them about this. In the past some Unis have and some haven’t or have not held places open for long enough

Ahh thank you :hugs:
Kcl has taken down their page for the superstar scheme which has been up all summer , does that mean they’re not running it or that they’re waiting until results day to let people know ?
Original post by Geth071002
Kcl has taken down their page for the superstar scheme which has been up all summer , does that mean they’re not running it or that they’re waiting until results day to let people know ?

There's been rather a lot of changing websites from universities in the last few days. :redface:
What was the superstsar scheme about?
Original post by 04MR17
There's been rather a lot of changing websites from universities in the last few days. :redface:
What was the superstsar scheme about?

From what I can tell , kcl in previous years would allow candidates who scored A*A*A and above to apply for courses that weren’t listed in clearing e.g law and they did have a whole page about it for about a month now but it seems to have been taken down today which I find a bit distressing as I was hoping to apply there but idk what is going to happen ngl

Quick Reply

Latest