The Student Room Group

Epq ideas

Epq ideas :

I’m looking to do my epq based on something related to child nursing as I want to study it in university .

I’m thinking of different things like :
Effects of poverty on children
Reasons for low mortality rate in certain countries then others
How healthcare is different between cultures : faith

ADHD affect in child on children - the psychological , social and physical development
Pallative care - who’s decision is it ? Child or parent
Etc
Hi there!

Im about to go study childrens nursing at uni and whilst its not particularly around your current ideas, I did my EPQ on the thalidomide disaster and how it affected the growth of children and their lives. Whilst it is quite a sad topic it was certainly interesting with lots of information available out there to help with research :smile:
Original post by somto.x
Epq ideas :

I’m looking to do my epq based on something related to child nursing as I want to study it in university .

I’m thinking of different things like :
Effects of poverty on children
Reasons for low mortality rate in certain countries then others
How healthcare is different between cultures : faith

ADHD affect in child on children - the psychological , social and physical development
Pallative care - who’s decision is it ? Child or parent
Etc

whatever you choose pick a topic that you can discuss both sides of. You have to be Abel to talk about positives/negatives, pros/cons, fors/againsts then summaries what you think at the end. As long as you do enough research and can talk about both sides I’m sure you will do wel!
Reply 3
Thank you ,, which one of my topics do you think have a positive and negative view?
Reply 4
Original post by 19megaastb
Hi there!

Im about to go study childrens nursing at uni and whilst its not particularly around your current ideas, I did my EPQ on the thalidomide disaster and how it affected the growth of children and their lives. Whilst it is quite a sad topic it was certainly interesting with lots of information available out there to help with research :smile:

Thank you , what does thalidomide mean and how did you think of the idea ? Which one of my do you think I would find the most information on?
Original post by somto.x
Thank you , what does thalidomide mean and how did you think of the idea ? Which one of my do you think I would find the most information on?

Thalidomide was a drug that was developed to help pregnant women deal with morning sickness and headaches- it was deemed to be safe but affected the development of children :frown: I got the idea after watching a documentary on it that I had come across- also watched an episode from Call the midwife haha... i focused more on the childrens development after they were born.

From your ideas I would think that you could find a lot of information regarding the effect of poverty on children- if this was the topic you decided to go with and found that you were struggling to make research from, it would tie in nicely with the other idea of yours- combine them to show how the effect of poverty can relate to the mortality rate in children

hope this helped somewhat! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending