The Student Room Group

Aston University A100 2022 entry

Scroll to see replies

omg literally same.
Is it too late to resit a GCSE in Year 13? :redface:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by stevo000
Thank you for finding this @KA_P Do you happen to know what the cut-off is out of 36? I score 29.5/36 do you reckon that will be enough or too low?

If it's the same as last year, about 29 and above should be fine for non- WP applicants. I think it's lower for WP applicants. 29.5 should be fine, but I'd be assuming that from last year's cohort.
I'm thinking it might be 9.5 tbh but I wouldn't be too sure either, for all we know the ucat score scale might be wrong, since Aston hasn't actually given us too much information on how the ucat scores are scaled
I sent off my ucas application! Now we play the waiting game 😬
Original post by dnejfn
I sent off my ucas application! Now we play the waiting game 😬

Good luck!! Could you tell us if you get a confirmation email of receiving your application from Aston? Just so we can keep a look out for it. Thank you :smile:
Hello undergrad here just did my UCAT today. Just wondering which unis I can apply to and which ones I'm most likely to get into!

A-Levels (achieved)- bio chem and maths: A*A*A*
GCSE- 9887666654 (these include 6s in English and 8 in maths. bio-7 chem-8 and physics-9

UCAT: 2800
VR- 570
DM- 670
QR- 760
AR- 800
SJT- Band 2

Applied for Plymouth, hull, kent, and Liverpool last year. only got an interview at Plymouth and the score was only 5 points off the cut-off ://

Work experience- worked in Sainsbury's for a year lol and going to shadow in a hospital with physios, consultants, surgeons, pharmacists for a week starting tomorrow. also going to work in the NHS as a nursing assistant for a year throughout my gap year. going to volunteer for the NHS also. also volunteered at a care home for 3 days. and done bsms virtual work experience and observe gp virtual work experience

Will I be able to get in for aston?
Reply 88
Hi everyone, so did my ucat got 2480, I am currently an undergraduate at UCL predicted a 1st, have 11 A*s 3As 2Bs, got AAB at A level was wondering if I should consider applying to Aston for medicine?
Original post by KA_P
Good luck!! Could you tell us if you get a confirmation email of receiving your application from Aston? Just so we can keep a look out for it. Thank you :smile:

I actually haven't received an email from any of my unis except for liverpool saying they received my application. I assume not all of them do it but I'm not sure.
Original post by dnejfn
I actually haven't received an email from any of my unis except for liverpool saying they received my application. I assume not all of them do it but I'm not sure.

Okay that makes sense, some take a while longer than others. But yeah some might not do it
Wow so very vague, thank you so much for sharing this! : )))))
That is insanely unhelpful :lol:
You tried!
Reply 93
They are gonna be in a mess this year with CAGs then!
Reply 94
Am i right in thinking that Aston gets all its applications in first and then starts to hand out interviews offer.
That’s interesting - if it is 75% academics and UCAT thats pretty unique! And possibly a bit silly, as they could end up interviewing people who have almost no chance of getting an offer...?

Original post by Haluro
Am i right in thinking that Aston gets all its applications in first and then starts to hand out interviews offer.

Pretty sure all med schools do this because the deadline is so early.
Wow yeah that is strange but I'm glad we have some solid information now, thank you so much for doing this!
Should make it smoother I hope...
i have a good feeling this cycle....
Hi
Wanted to ask what the chances are of me receiving an interview? UCAT 2900 B2, GCSEs 998776666 A Levels (achieved) ABB but predicted A*A in my resits.
Anyone have an idea how the point system works in regards to GCSE and UCAT, and what the cutoff was last year? On last years thread the lowest amount of points I've seen get an interview was 28, and my gcses + ucat are nowhere near that. I hear GCSEs are heavily taken into account at Aston, and the interview:applicant ratio was very low last year so I'm worried my GCSEs wont be good enough to get an interview! And considering I'm on a gap year, I need to make sure I apply to places where my chances of getting an interview are the highest.
Any advice? Thanks

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending