The Student Room Group

Hull York Medical School A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
i think it was 54 2 years ago and last year it was around 59?
Do I have to let HYMS know that I am contextual?
Ughhh I actually hate the lack of transparency I don’t wasn’t to waste my application!! 😭
Thanks anyways x
Reply 63
Omg, I’ve created a monster! 😂😂 Well done!
It is data and they should give you data. Hard to even claim commercial exemption when they have told you it won’t help!!
Reply 64
Original post by username3978178
So I applied to HYMS Medicine with a Gateway Year. Before applying, I looked at last years interims for UCAT and calculated my score as 56.75. But the interims I looked at now and it seems like if these stay the way they are I’ll only have 52.75 so I am really scared that I will not be able to secure an interview. I checked online and they said previous years cut off was 54. something and now I’m really stressing. What do you guys think about the interim scores this year?

hey i saw that you got an offer and your ucat grade is literally the same as mine but could u please let me know what your band was as i'm thinking of applying?
This is...quite impressively unhelpful and a bit patronising :lol:
Very impressed at your perseverence though :biggrin:
I really don't know? Plenty of schools are really transparent and do fine, I think they just can't be bothered and also want to ensure people apply who'll get rejected so they don't have to raise cutoffs too high, to be totally blunt.
Reply 67
It makes them feel clever and important. Whereas the really clever and important people (and I am looking at Julian at Sheffield here as a shining beacon) realise being up front and honest, and respecting their potential applicants enough not to waste their time, is what is really clever and important!
Original post by GANFYD
It makes them feel clever and important. Whereas the really clever and important people (and I am looking at Julian at Sheffield here as a shining beacon) realise being up front and honest, and respecting their potential applicants enough not to waste their time, is what is really clever and important!

Hey GANFYD when you are free could you please look at my PM :tongue:
I score myself at 73 points with final deciles. Going to go for it, I’m hoping the number of people they interview will go back to more normal levels (as I believe last year it was less therefore cutoff was increased.)
Don’t want to wonder ‘what if’ and band 1 will give me advantage going into the interview… provided I get one 🤞🤞🤞
Gl to everyone else!
Aw tysm! Idk…I think it’s my riskiest also I heard from someone at edify learning the cutoff was 69 so I’m almost you were correct!
Gl to you too! If you don’t get an interview something’s gone very wrong!
EDIT: So I’m certain you were correct
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 71
i kinda have a dumb question but do the non-contextual applicants get ranked separately from the ones who gain the contextual points? the non-contextual would be a total score out of 85 not 100.
(edited 2 years ago)
do you think it would be good to apply here? my top 6 gcses are 998887, but my ucat is 2470 B1, however my area is polar 4 quintile 1 and both my parents have not had any higher education which gives another 15 points?
Original post by saz987
i kinda have a dumb question but do the non-contextual applicants get ranked separately from the ones who gain the contextual points? the non-contextual would be a total score out of 85 not 100.

No they all get ranked together otherwise there would be little point in adding points for contextual applicants.
Lincoln, ARU and Plymouth :smile:
Wby? I remember HYMS ofc and ARU, Aston….?
Nice nice- best of luck!!!!!’
Just out if interest how risky do you think 73 points is? :s-smilie:
Also I meant UEA Idk why but I always get UEA and ARU confused lol
Hey everyone! I meet one of the contextual requirements being my parents haven't had further education but I haven't applied for UCAT bursary this year but I am eligible for it. I sent hull an email but they haven't responded and its been over a week do you guys think they will allow me to be categorised as contextual or not? x
Am I right to assume if I got the 52nd percentile I get 24 points not 20 right? Since 41-50 will be 20 points and 51-60 will be 24?
Reply 79
hiya!
im struggling with calculating my points for hyms so can i have some help pls
i have 6 9's 2 7's and 2 6's at GCSE.
my ucat was 2420 and band 1
ans im not sure if i qualify for contextual points but i dnt think i do.
can u pls help me calculate thz

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending