The Student Room Group

Igcse? What are they?thinking of applying to a private school for 6th for

hi, I’m in year 11 and thinking of applying to a private school for 6th form. I have my pre public exams (mock GCSEs) next month and the school I’m thinking of applying to has interviews first and then confirm choices based on igcse results. what are igcse?? do I need to sit them separately or are they based on mock results? thank you
Original post by Usuahzhaha
hi, I’m in year 11 and thinking of applying to a private school for 6th form. I have my pre public exams (mock GCSEs) next month and the school I’m thinking of applying to has interviews first and then confirm choices based on igcse results. what are igcse?? do I need to sit them separately or are they based on mock results? thank you

IGCSEs are international GCSE, they basically have the same value
Original post by summerbirdreads
IGCSEs are international GCSE, they basically have the same value

do I need to sit them separately?? I already live in the uk. or will it just be based off mocks??
wait so it was (I)gcse meaning international for international students and gcse for British residents. now, if they confirm placed by December, how is that possible because I have not sat gcse yet? is it mock result??
do I need to sit them separately?? I already live in the uk. or will it just be based off mocks??

like I said IGCSE and GCSE are the same qualification, you don't need separate GCSEs and IGCSEs
Original post by summerbirdreads
like I said IGCSE and GCSE are the same qualification, you don't need separate GCSEs and IGCSEs

thank you!!! but I’m just thinking, if offers are made by december I would have not done GCSEs then. do you think it’s based off of mocks??. thank you so much
wait so it was (I)gcse meaning international for international students and gcse for British residents. now, if they confirm placed by December, how is that possible because I have not sat gcse yet? is it mock result??

IDK but probably is your mock results along with predicted gcse grades but check with them though
IGCSEs can be taken internationally or in the UK, and they are recognised both in the UK and internationally as the equivalent value to GCSEs.

It doesn't matter whether you take IGCSEs or GCSEs.

Generally speaking, sixth forms give conditional offers based on predicted grades. If your predicted grades meet their requirements, then you get an offer, but it may be withdrawn if your actual results are lower than expected.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest