The Student Room Group

A-level AQA Maths Autumn Exam Study and Revison chat (All Papers)

Welcome to A-level AQA Maths Autumn Exam Revision and Study Chat!

The exam timetable for this subject is:

6th PM October 2021: Paper 1 (7357/01)

13th PM October 2021: Paper 2 (7357/2)

18th PM October 2021: Paper 3 (7357/3)

This thread is for anyone studying A-level AQA Maths who is taking their exams this Autumn.
How are you feeling about these exams? Let us know below where you're currently at, what your doing to prepare and where you're feeling confident or not confident on.

Chat below and find other students in the same situation as you! Help each other revise, study and share resources. Remember these only work if everyone is involved and supporting each other! Good luck everyone :goodluck:

Scroll to see replies

that is tough could never be me doing autumn exams for maths
Reply 2
How did you guys find paper 1?
Original post by neigh.a
How did you guys find paper 1?

Congratulations on getting through! How did you find it?
Reply 4
Original post by Evil Homer
Congratulations on getting through! How did you find it?

Terrible the questions seemed so easy but when I was actually doing I couldn't I'm literally gonna get 50% and the grade boundaries are probably gonna be really high now
Original post by neigh.a
Terrible the questions seemed so easy but when I was actually doing I couldn't I'm literally gonna get 50% and the grade boundaries are probably gonna be really high now

I wouldn't worry yet. It's just one paper and there is still so many marks to pick up. I'm sure it didn't go as badly as you thought :smile:
Original post by neigh.a

Same, pure maths is my strength and I have been aiming for 80+% on this paper but I'd be happy with 60+ at this point, there were so many of the integration questions towards the end that I just couldn't do and didn't have time for :frown:
Reply 7
Any predictions for Paper 2?
Reply 8
Original post by chocobi

integration by substitution i think how did you find it
Reply 9
Original post by neigh.a

It was alright. How many marks do you think you realistically got, or lost?
Reply 10
Original post by chocobi
It was alright. How many marks do you think you realistically got, or lost?

I know for definite I got 50 marks what about you
Original post by ezpzlemonsqez
Hi, although I did ocr mei paper (couldn't find forum for that) I think this question is of some relevance here, do you know if the grade boundaries for these October series math tests are predetermined or do they take account of how the students did and get some average?

Thanks.

I also did OCR MEI paper today, but for your question - I think it depends on how many people are doing the resits cos if there aren't many people doing it then they might just use last year's grade boundaries into consideration.
Reply 12
Original post by chocobi

Best to revise binomial expansion, and will be a proof, curve sketching, use of triangles - trigonometry, function, parametric equations and vectors. Hopefully, this helps. I just did the AQA paper 1 today.
Reply 13
Original post by neigh.a

Best to revise binomial expansion, and will be a proof, curve sketching, use of triangles - trigonometry, function, parametric equations and vectors. Hopefully, this helps. I just did the AQA paper 1 today.
Original post by Seb.k

Thanks - I thought parametric equations already appeared on Paper 1 though. How did you find it?
i had paper 1 today and found it really difficult, completely blanked on some questions
Reply 16
Original post by chocobi
Thanks - I thought parametric equations already appeared on Paper 1 though. How did you find it?

oh yeah sorry forgot about that part. I think it went fine, quite pushed for time, the multiple-choice questions at the start were different like the proof one about rational numbers, asking about the assumption needed. The last question was quite difficult and the question with y=root(8sincosx), can't remember the whole thing was quite hard. the integrate tan^2x was a trick question had to use identities. some 2 markers here and there were difficult
Reply 17
Original post by samreen_xox
i had paper 1 today and found it really difficult, completely blanked on some questions

don't worry, it was difficult, so grade boundaries should be lower, same here with me, last question was quite difficult, hows ur mechanics as that's the last question
How did everyone find Paper 2? There wasn't a single friction or pulley question...
Reply 19
Original post by chocobi
How did everyone find Paper 2? There wasn't a single friction or pulley question...

that was just horrible
The pure was decent but mechanics was impossible.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending