The Student Room Group

PGDE - Scotland 2022 Applicants Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AbsT1980
Thank you for replying, I do hope your successful this year.

Thank you. Good luck to you also :smile:
Hello! I am wondering if anyone knows how long you usually wait for a response from the universities, to find out if you have have been successful for an interview or not?
Original post by lisavichall
Hello! I am wondering if anyone knows how long you usually wait for a response from the universities, to find out if you have have been successful for an interview or not?

I waited a while last year maybe 4-6 weeks after submitting. I submitted late though. I am going to submit my ucas application this weekend so hopefully her back quicker this year. Good luck
Reply 23
Original post by RMcD94
In addition, does anyone know if interviews will be held online at the end of the year/start of next year? I might not be in the country so it would be difficult to attend if they must be in person.

Hi :smile: I know Strathclyde are planning to do interviews online again between Jan-March, assuming other uni's will be similar too. Hope this helps!
Hey all! I'm currently in my final-year on an undergraduate studying BSc Education in a RG University in England and have applied to undertake a PGDE Primary in Scotland - stuck between Edinburgh and Glasgow. I'm 20 but have still managed to get some valuable classroom experience during my GCSE, A-level and Observation modules at University. My reference is a tutor who's accompanied and watched me grow during my years at University so they know me quite well lol hopefully they wrote something decent xD.

Applied earlier this week, received confirmation emails etc so hopefully I get a confirmation of when they'll invite me for the next stage of online interviews. Kinda nervous but equally confident in my chances at getting in.

Anyone know the response time average? I'm guessing its about a month, read somewhere that said interviews run from December to March. Hopefully soon? It would take a huge weight off my shoulders especially with a Dissertation to write. Finished year 2 with a 1st class hons average so here's to a continuation of that this year :biggrin:

Good luck all! Keen to hear and read how each of us gets on. Fingers crossed.
Reply 25
Hi everyone, I submitted my application on Thursday and chose Strathclyde, Glasgow and UWS. I was rejected by UWS pretty much straight away because my degree is pending. I did expect that to happen as a few people had mentioned it. Fingers crossed I hear something from Strathclyde or Glasgow 🤞🏼. Good luck everyone!
Original post by Lynz123
Hi everyone, I submitted my application on Thursday and chose Strathclyde, Glasgow and UWS. I was rejected by UWS pretty much straight away because my degree is pending. I did expect that to happen as a few people had mentioned it. Fingers crossed I hear something from Strathclyde or Glasgow 🤞🏼. Good luck everyone!

Same thing happened to me last year with UWS. I have my degree now and got an interview. I was so disheartened last year, I only got invited to interview for Dundee but never got in. I have graduated now hopefully im successful this year. Good luck
Has anyone heard from Glasgow or Strathclyde yet?I only applied last week but I know some uni’s interview in November so hoping to hear soon.
I think that Strathclyde’s process takes a while, I’m not sure about Glasgow though.
Reply 29
I sent my application away last week also but, in Glasgow's application acknowledgement, it says that they're having Zoom interviews in both December and March. At the Get Into Teaching event at Strathclyde, which I attended a few weeks ago, they said that their interviews will be online also.
Thanks for replying
Wondering if anyone knows the timescale after submitting application for finding out if you have been successful for an interview or not?
I heard from UWS with an invite to interview the day after submitting but not heard back test from Glasgow, Strathclyde or Dundee
Original post by Teach2021
I heard from UWS with an invite to interview the day after submitting but not heard back test from Glasgow, Strathclyde or Dundee

Congratulations! When are the UWS interviews if you don’t mind me asking?
(edited 2 years ago)
Congratulations! When are the UWS interviews if you don’t mind me asking?

Thank you. My interview is in January.
Thank you. My interview is in January.

The absolute best of luck. I’m waiting on my referee completing the reference. I’m hoping that I get at least one interview even if I don’t get in this year.
The absolute best of luck. I’m waiting on my referee completing the reference. I’m hoping that I get at least one interview even if I don’t get in this year.

Thank you. I applied last year while in my last year of my degree but got only one interview and never got in. Good luck 🤞🏼 these forums are great, everyone shares as much as they can about their interviews so it does give you a good idea of what to expect.
Thank you. I applied last year while in my last year of my degree but got only one interview and never got in. Good luck 🤞🏼 these forums are great, everyone shares as much as they can about their interviews so it does give you a good idea of what to expect.

Did you have an online interview last year? Also have you managed to obtain classroom experience? Sorry for all the questions.
Did you have an online interview last year? Also have you managed to obtain classroom experience? Sorry for all the questions.

Yes it was an online interview last year. I have around 90 hours classroom experience. I know that universities are understanding if students haven’t managed to get into a classroom due to the pandemic which is good for anyone that hasn’t managed to get any.
Yes it was an online interview last year. I have around 90 hours classroom experience. I know that universities are understanding if students haven’t managed to get into a classroom due to the pandemic which is good for anyone that hasn’t managed to get any.

Thanks again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending