The Student Room Group

Lucy Cavendish 2022 Applicants thread

Thread for applicants to Lucy Cavendish, feel free to answer the questions and introduce yourself!

Course:
A levels:
Why Lucy?:

Great choice of college and best of luck with your application :smile:

(I'll improve this OP soon I promise :colondollar:)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Course: NatSci
IB: Bio/Chem/Maths HL
Why Lucy?: loved that this college had a lot of comments about having a very friendly environment!
Just to briefly introduce myself: I'm a first-year natsci at lucy, so if you have any specific questions about the college I can try to answer them.
Hello! Pretty cool that OP is at Lucy Cav!
Course: HSPS
A Levels: English Lit, Geog, History
Why Lucy: honestly, it was the one college (although Homerton came close) that I could picture myself at. I haven’t been able to visit yet but my research suggests it’s quiet unpretentious with a real quiet strength. of course, the history of the college as championing women’s place in education and recently opening up to everyone (I believe the college has a high proportion of state school students) was another draw..

Best of luck to everyone , hopefully a few more applicants come and join us over here on this thread :wink:
*quite lol
Reply 5
Original post by Theloniouss
Just to briefly introduce myself: I'm a first-year natsci at lucy, so if you have any specific questions about the college I can try to answer them.

How many interviews have you done for your course? And any advices on NSAA prep would be appreciated :smile:
Original post by qpyhg3
How many interviews have you done for your course? And any advices on NSAA prep would be appreciated :smile:

I did 2 interviews (though I was interviewed at a different college). In terms of the NSAA, I did the past papers as well as some revision of GCSE maths because a lot of the vectors and geometry don't come up on A level so I was out of practice. I sat the old spec NSAA though and I don't think the maths section is required anymore.
Thread for applicants to Lucy Cavendish, feel free to answer the questions and introduce yourself!

Course:
A levels:
Why Lucy?:

Great choice of college and best of luck with your application :smile:

(I'll improve this OP soon I promise :colondollar:)

Course: PBS
A Levels: Bio, Chem, Psych, Punjabi and 2 other BTECs in Health and Social, and Sport Science
Why Lucy? I did an open app, got place in Lucy, and glad ive been put there and nowhere else!

hey when does lucy usually start giving out interview invitations? super worried!

(ps it’s cool that we have an actual lucy student here! :smile:)
Original post by Anonymous
hey when does lucy usually start giving out interview invitations? super worried!

No idea, unfortunately. I wouldn't be too worried, though.
Reply 10
Course: Law
A levels: History, Psychology, English Literature and Language
Why Lucy?: Did an open application but I’m glad I was placed here as I’ve heard it’s very inclusive and has a friendly community!

Hey, an email was sent from the Admissions Officer with the specific dates for each subject and they said they would give interview invites 1 week before that date :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 12
No. The email states that we will get the interview time and day a week earlier, however, they didn't state when we would know if we had one. I asked them on the 8th and the response was "as soon as possible". Did any of you get it yet?
Original post by NIWISE
No. The email states that we will get the interview time and day a week earlier, however, they didn't state when we would know if we had one. I asked them on the 8th and the response was "as soon as possible". Did any of you get it yet?

no. do u know whether the email was for certain subjects?

They sent it to everyone, the dates are also on the Applications 2021 page on their website
Reply 15

the response they personally sent to me on when we would know was "as soon as possible" regarding HSPS, as that is what I am applying for.
hi guys, does anyone know when Lucy will send interview confirmations?
Reply 17
no clue. send an email to lucy admissions and they will be able to provide an accurate date. I can't wait to know. The silence is killing me.
Anyone got an interview invitation yet?
Original post by NIWISE
no clue. send an email to lucy admissions and they will be able to provide an accurate date. I can't wait to know. The silence is killing me.

They might not be able to provide an accurate date (probably not, I would say), and emailing will have no effect other than potentially slowing the admissions office down. You'll just have to be patient, I'm afraid.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending