The Student Room Group

HM Treasury Graduate Scheme 2021/2022

Hi all,

I've noticed that there's not a thread for the HM Treasury graduate scheme for this year so decided to make one. Anyone else thinking to apply or already applied?

Deadline: Noon, 5th November 2021

Scheme: https://www.hmtreasurycareers.co.uk/graduate-programme/about-the-programme/

Scroll to see replies

Hi I applied to it yesterday. Did you apply for it, if so have you heard back from them yet?
Reply 2
Original post by mint.skyscrapers
Hi I applied to it yesterday. Did you apply for it, if so have you heard back from them yet?

Hey, I'm going to apply for it this week - might start it tonight or tomorrow. I'm surprised there's not much buzz about this scheme! How did you find the application?
Reply 3
Original post by mint.skyscrapers

Hiya, I applied on the 18th October and am still yet to hear anything either? The email says by the 16th nov so I guess well see :smile:
so glad someone started a thread as have been looking for one everywhere
Reply 4
Original post by njjen
Hiya, I applied on the 18th October and am still yet to hear anything either? The email says by the 16th nov so I guess well see :smile:
so glad someone started a thread as have been looking for one everywhere

I think after the deadline has passed, they'll send out emails to update everyone together. I'm hoping that more and more people find this thread so we can all discuss the process!
Reply 5
Hey! I applied yesterday. We shall see how it goes...
Reply 6
Hey everyone - I applied to this last year but rushed and failed at the verbal reasoning test stage

Applied again this year

It’s a good scheme and the wait between stages is not too bad either!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by sapphire66
Hi all,

I've noticed that there's not a thread for the HM Treasury graduate scheme for this year so decided to make one. Anyone else thinking to apply or already applied?

Deadline: Noon, 5th November 2021

Scheme: https://www.hmtreasurycareers.co.uk/graduate-programme/about-the-programme/

Thanks so much for starting this thread! Was looking for one for a while myself. Applied a couple weeks ago, anyone heard back yet?
Reply 8
applied when it opened, havent heard anything back been over a month but they did say they would respond by 16th so lets see
Reply 9
Whats the pay band on this scheme and how long is it. Also anyone do the writing exercises before
Reply 10
Original post by Rain1
Whats the pay band on this scheme and how long is it. Also anyone do the writing exercises before

Why would you ask here when you could just search it yourself very easily...?
Reply 11
Original post by etwelve
Why would you ask here when you could just search it yourself very easily...?

Just asked cause was on the platform its really not that deep
Original post by Rain1
Just asked cause was on the platform its really not that deep

Their website states:

"You’ll receive a starting salary of £28,500. Whilst on the Graduate Development Programme, policy advisers will receive a salary uplift to £32,320 after 18 months and between £34,900 and £37,900 after 3 years (dependent on location) both uplifts are subject to satisfactory performance reviews."
has anyone heard yet
They've re-opened applications again. Does this mean they feel like the ones they currently have aren't good enough?
Original post by genius99
They've re-opened applications again. Does this mean they feel like the ones they currently have aren't good enough?

I just got the email from them about this too. I'm wondering the same thing myself! I did see some adverts just after the initial application deadline and thought that was really strange, when I clicked on the link it said the application was closed on their website. All I can speculate is maybe there is an admin issue somewhere?
Original post by mindybee
I just got the email from them about this too. I'm wondering the same thing myself! I did see some adverts just after the initial application deadline and thought that was really strange, when I clicked on the link it said the application was closed on their website. All I can speculate is maybe there is an admin issue somewhere?

Oh wow I see. But yeah I've just looked at it now, and it's allowing people to apply again.
Reply 17
I imagine they haven’t had enough applicants to justify all stages of the application process hence reopening. If you compare this thread to the civil service fast stream you can tell which one is more popular!
Reply 18
so the wait now is till december, best of luck to everyone.
Reply 19
Original post by Seker
I imagine they haven’t had enough applicants to justify all stages of the application process hence reopening. If you compare this thread to the civil service fast stream you can tell which one is more popular!

yeah ive just seen the email too, its just annoying bc our chances would be increased if they kept the smaller number of applicants lol

Quick Reply

Latest