The Student Room Group

Pembroke College Cambridge 2022 Applicants Thread

Hi,
I have not seen anyone start a thread for Pembroke College Cambridge so I made this :smile:. What did you all apply for? How did you find the admissions exam? Heard back from them?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by S9123
Hi,
I have not seen anyone start a thread for Pembroke College Cambridge so I made this :smile:. What did you all apply for? How did you find the admissions exam? Heard back from them?

Hi!
I applied for English - the admissions exam was okay - didn’t like it at first but managed to create some sort of answer!
I haven’t heard anything about interviews yet :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by fluffycats2004
Hi!
I applied for English - the admissions exam was okay - didn’t like it at first but managed to create some sort of answer!

Hi,
Nice! Glad to hear that the exam went fairly smoothly. I applied for Engineering - the admission exam went better than I think it would.
I haven't heard anything back yet either, but will most likely know if I have been shortlisted next week! I wish you the best of luck!
Original post by S9123
Hi,
Nice! Glad to hear that the exam went fairly smoothly. I applied for Engineering - the admission exam went better than I think it would.
I haven't heard anything back yet either, but will most likely know if I have been shortlisted next week! I wish you the best of luck!

Ah that’s great! I’m glad it went okay.
Thank you so much - you too! Let me know if you do get an interview - I’m sure you will :smile:
Reply 4
Hi!

Hey, I also applied for English! I’m interested to know which two pieces you picked for the ELAT and what kind of answer you put together, writing about gardens wasn’t exactly a field of expertise of mine! I also think I put together an interesting answer about it, although upon reflection I can see the easy holes to pick it apart
Original post by tjh29
Hey, I also applied for English! I’m interested to know which two pieces you picked for the ELAT and what kind of answer you put together, writing about gardens wasn’t exactly a field of expertise of mine! I also think I put together an interesting answer about it, although upon reflection I can see the easy holes to pick it apart

Hey! I picked the burning leaves one and the text about the gardeners apprentice I think - where it had things about the Garden of Eden etc. I spoke about the inevitability of cycles of nature and linked it to humanity - sort of like linking the garden to elements of human nature in that way! How about you? And how are you feeling about the whole process - hopefully we get to hear back about interviews soon!
Reply 6
Hey! I picked the burning leaves one and the text about the gardeners apprentice I think - where it had things about the Garden of Eden etc. I spoke about the inevitability of cycles of nature and linked it to humanity - sort of like linking the garden to elements of human nature in that way! How about you? And how are you feeling about the whole process - hopefully we get to hear back about interviews soon!

Ahh I picked F as well; I feel like I was the only one who picked A&F, with A being about the landscaper at the rich guy’s house - talking about picturesque landscaping.

That’s such a cool approach though! I did something similar linking humanity and nature but I basically said the concept of a garden is flawed in that in trying to ‘capture’ nature you lose an inherent part of it, it’s transience etc, that the garden cannot capture nature to it’s true beauty. I felt it was a massive stretch and so pretentious but it’s fine we move lol.

As for the whole process, I’m not expecting an interview tbh, my written work was late and sub-par so I really don’t think they’ll take that too kindly. I hope it was all okay for you though! I presume we’ll find out in the next day or so.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
Ah that’s great! I’m glad it went okay.
Thank you so much - you too! Let me know if you do get an interview - I’m sure you will :smile:

Engineering here as well . Getting very nervous - you heard anything yet ?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
hey, I’ve applied to Pembroke for natural sciences!
Reply 9
Original post by s8520
hey, I’ve applied to Pembroke for natural sciences!

That’s great ! I hope you get an interview - they seemed to say they would let us know by this Monday for engineering . Worried that I have heard nothing yet but there isn’t any eng or Natsci offers from Pembroke by the looks of it
Reply 10
Original post by Engz
That’s great ! I hope you get an interview - they seemed to say they would let us know by this Monday for engineering . Worried that I have heard nothing yet but there isn’t any eng or Natsci offers from Pembroke by the looks of it

I know yeah, they said to email if u hadn’t heard by mon so I might email mon evening if I haven’t got anything yet😬…yh idk anyone else whose got an interview for Pembroke natsci/Eng yet
Original post by s8520
I know yeah, they said to email if u hadn’t heard by mon so I might email mon evening if I haven’t got anything yet😬…yh idk anyone else whose got an interview for Pembroke natsci/Eng yet

I haven't heard from Pembroke either, we will hopefully hear tomorrow.
Reply 12
Original post by AidenStonehouse
I haven't heard from Pembroke either, we will hopefully hear tomorrow.

What are your predictions and how did you find the ENGAA ?
Reply 13
Original post by Engz
Engineering here as well . Getting very nervous - you heard anything yet ?

Nope - nervous too, just hoping for the best. Which other universities did you apply to?
Reply 14
Original post by Engz
What are your predictions and how did you find the ENGAA ?

A*A*A*A*A - in Bio(A), Chem, Physics, Maths, and EPQ (Chaos theory). The ENGAA was weird but I somehow managed to keep track of time and I think I did okay-ish. Yourself?
Reply 15
Original post by S9123
Nope - nervous too, just hoping for the best. Which other universities did you apply to?

Durham , Bristol , Loughborough , imperial
Reply 16
Original post by S9123
A*A*A*A*A - in Bio(A), Chem, Physics, Maths, and EPQ (Chaos theory). The ENGAA was weird but I somehow managed to keep track of time and I think I did okay-ish. Yourself?

I think I did okay - finished 1a and section 2, ran out of time on 1b . I am A*A*AAA Maths , physics , FM, computer science , EPQ
Reply 17
Original post by Engz
I think I did okay - finished 1a and section 2, ran out of time on 1b . I am A*A*AAA Maths , physics , FM, computer science , EPQ

What's your EPQ on?
Reply 18
Original post by S9123
What's your EPQ on?

Finite element analysis 🙂 have you had much extracurricular eng experience ?
Original post by s8520

where did they say about emailing by mon? just looked on the website and i’m definitely missing something😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending