The Student Room Group

Unhappy with first A level report grades

I’ve recently received my first set of expected grades , where I received BBC predicted , which I’m not particularly happy about , as I’ve been working quite hard recently (but I know that it won’t pay off imminently ) . I was wondering whether anyone achieved A’s and A*s despite initial grades being much lower / report grades
Reply 1
anything is possible if you want it enough! I have seen friends go from Ds to As so I'm sure you can too
BBC are still good A level grades. An E is a pass at A level and anything grade C and above is considered good
Reply 3
Original post by AliceKS
anything is possible if you want it enough! I have seen friends go from Ds to As so I'm sure you can too

Thankyou so much for your kind words !
Reply 4
Original post by Funtimes01_
BBC are still good A level grades. An E is a pass at A level and anything grade C and above is considered good

Thankyou so much !
Reply 5
Original post by Funtimes01_
I was predicted BBC, CCB at A level at sixth form (I did 4 years, got 6 A levels), and I managed to get A*,B,B,A,A,A by the time I sat the final exams in my second and fourth years, so anything is possible if you work hard!

Wow , that’s amazing . Thankyou once again for your response , I more than appreciate it !
As other people have said, the grades you are currently working at are not at all bad. However, if you did want them a bit higher, you’ve plenty of time, and it is entirely possible, as long as you are willing to put in the effort!
Reply 7
Original post by Squiggles1238
As other people have said, the grades you are currently working at are not at all bad. However, if you did want them a bit higher, you’ve plenty of time, and it is entirely possible, as long as you are willing to put in the effort!

Thankyou so much! I definitely will try my hardest , and aim to do my very best !
Original post by ma15
Thankyou so much! I definitely will try my hardest , and aim to do my very best !

Great to hear! Thats all you can do at the end of the day!
We’ve been though a hard time academically the past few years so dont go too hard on yourself!
Reply 9
Original post by Squiggles1238
Great to hear! Thats all you can do at the end of the day!
We’ve been though a hard time academically the past few years so dont go too hard on yourself!

Yes , that’s so true ! Also , I wish you the best of luck for wherever you may be on your educational path :smile:
Original post by ma15
Yes , that’s so true ! Also , I wish you the best of luck for wherever you may be on your educational path :smile:

Thank you! And to you!
Reply 11
Original post by ma15
I’ve recently received my first set of expected grades , where I received BBC predicted , which I’m not particularly happy about , as I’ve been working quite hard recently (but I know that it won’t pay off imminently ) . I was wondering whether anyone achieved A’s and A*s despite initial grades being much lower / report grades

I got DDB

Quick Reply

Latest