The Student Room Group

Things to do in London alone

Hi!

I'm going to London this weekend on my own. I've got about 8 hours to kill, recommend me some things to do?
Last time I visited London was about 10 year ago but I can't imagine it's changed much.
Original post by Tw1x
Hi!

I'm going to London this weekend on my own. I've got about 8 hours to kill, recommend me some things to do?
Last time I visited London was about 10 year ago but I can't imagine it's changed much.

Depends on where in London you are. I could spend hours in the Natural History Museum and you don't have to pay anything
Reply 3

Original post by harrysbar
Depends on where in London you are. I could spend hours in the Natural History Museum and you don't have to pay anything

I have no idea! I'm meeting a friend on the evening around 8ish but apart from that I'm pretty much just doing whatever. I get in LKC station at 10.45am so just need to kill some time. I want to go Hyde park but that's the only thing I have planned. I will probably do a bit of Christmas browsing but I'm not really into shopping
I agree with the harrysbar’s suggestions and would extend it to the V&A (close by) which is interesting too. I also like the National Portrait Gallery which sounds very boring but is rather fun. (There is a lovely one of an elderly plump lady farmer with a sweet smile standing in front of a flock of prize sheep. Turns out it is Beatrix Potter! And this is the sort of thing that makes it fun, seeing the pictures of people you’ve heard about - some of them looking just as stuffy as you’d expect from a formal portrait. And others not at all.)

In fact museums and art galleries are generally a good choice and usually free too.
It's only about 20 minutes by tube from Kings Cross to South Kensington where the museums are. If you're not into museums the parks are a good shout but it's very cold at the moment. Maybe book to see a film at some point or even a matinee at the theatre
Original post by Tw1x
…I want to go Hyde park but that's the only thing I have planned…

The Natural History Museum, Science Museum and V&A are all close to each other and close to the south-west corner of Hyde Park.
Reply 7
Original post by harrysbar
It's only about 20 minutes by tube from Kings Cross to South Kensington where the museums are. If you're not into museums the parks are a good shout but it's very cold at the moment. Maybe book to see a film at some point or even a matinee at the theatre

I'm from the North, we're used to cold :tongue: Thanks for the suggestions!
Original post by Tw1x
Hi!

1. National Portrait Gallery
2. Winter Wonderland
3. Houses of Parliament
4. Harrods

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending