The Student Room Group

Do people look for love when they are in Uni?

Hey. I’m in the second last year of high school. In the last year (the one above me) some people have girlfriends and some don’t. I don’t have any interest in starting a relationship like that. Still not comfortable with what I identify my sexuality with just yet. I hear that people have girlfriends in uni, I don’t want that pressure from my parents. It’s really hard to describe the way I feel about this. I’m quite insecure about sexuality and all this stuff. What is the love life truly life like when you are in uni? Could someone clarify their experience? Thanks! :smile:
For some people. Don't go to uni just for the hope of finding someone though, I'm only at uni to get my degree.
Reply 2
Not really. it found me a couple of times, I guess.
I'd say that it depends what kind of person you are and whether you want a relationship really. I have many friends who quickly found people they were interested in, while others are looking but have had no luck. From my experience, I've had plenty of opportunities, I just didn't take them because I am not interested in relationships right now (obviously that could change if I found the right person).
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by hungrysalamander
For some people. Don't go to uni just for the hope of finding someone though, I'm only at uni to get my degree.

I know, relationships will be the last thing I think about
Original post by Anonymous
Hey. I’m in the second last year of high school. In the last year (the one above me) some people have girlfriends and some don’t. I don’t have any interest in starting a relationship like that. Still not comfortable with what I identify my sexuality with just yet. I hear that people have girlfriends in uni, I don’t want that pressure from my parents. It’s really hard to describe the way I feel about this. I’m quite insecure about sexuality and all this stuff. What is the love life truly life like when you are in uni? Could someone clarify their experience? Thanks! :smile:

Yes my eldest was in the same predicament as yourself. She is now second year at uni. She does not have a relationship as such, but by the end of first year she felt more confident in herself that she is bisexual. It was just before second year started she told us parents. She had the odd date here and there but still not interested in having a relationship just yet, and she is just going with the flow and if it happens, it happens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending