The Student Room Group

Is 77 (combined science) a good enough grade to do chem

I got a 77 in science, obviously I got the entry requirements but do you think I’ll be okay with chem a level?
You’ll be fine just make sure to keep up with the work and go over things you didnt understand in class asap so you dont fall behind :gthumb:
Have you got a breakdown of how well you did in chemistry specifically? That may provide some insight.
(edited 2 years ago)
2 of my friends got 66 in combined science, one got a C and the other got a B in A-Level chemistry. You'll be fine, your grades are better anyhow so as long as you speak up and ask for help where you need it you'll be okay :smile:
Original post by MelWS
I got a 77 in science, obviously I got the entry requirements but do you think I’ll be okay with chem a level?

please help! im currently on a 5/4 in science and need a 77, how can i get my grade up before the real exams? i did have december mocks and are currently awaiting the results but i really hope i got at least a 5/6!
Original post by vee_mullaaa
please help! im currently on a 5/4 in science and need a 77, how can i get my grade up before the real exams? i did have december mocks and are currently awaiting the results but i really hope i got at least a 5/6!

What exam board do you do?
aqa!

Original post by Sodium229
What exam board do you do?
aqa!

Nice, I did AQA as well. As to improve your grades, I suggest using CGP revision guides, they are really useful revisions guides that give detailed notes and explanations. Other than that, also check out freesciencelessons and Primrose Kitten on YouTube, those revision videos are really really good, since you are doing double combined higher so I suggest to make sure if you do want to buy the CGP revision guides, make sure it is for your exam board AQA and it has 'Combined Science: Trilogy Higher Level' on the front cover or something similar to that. And always do practice questions from past papers if you can and also always come back to the topics that you revised for, usually if you don't revise something again for more than a week then your memory of the revisions that you did would decrease by quite a lot, hence always come back and make sure you understand each topic throughly.
Nice, I did AQA as well. As to improve your grades, I suggest using CGP revision guides, they are really useful revisions guides that give detailed notes and explanations. Other than that, also check out freesciencelessons and Primrose Kitten on YouTube, those revision videos are really really good, since you are doing double combined higher so I suggest to make sure if you do want to buy the CGP revision guides, make sure it is for your exam board AQA and it has 'Combined Science: Trilogy Higher Level' on the front cover or something similar to that. And always do practice questions from past papers if you can and also always come back to the topics that you revised for, usually if you don't revise something again for more than a week then your memory of the revisions that you did would decrease by quite a lot, hence always come back and make sure you understand each topic throughly.

thank you soooo much <3
thank you soooo much <3

No problem!:smile:
h

hey again just a little updatee, i went from a 4/4 in my yr10 mocks in june last yr to a 6/5 in these yr11 mocks from december last year and it was honestly because of the cgp guides!! i forgot to mention that i did use them in these yr 11 mocks but not at all in yr10 and it really goes to show that they do work! thanks so much again and will really be aiming for that 7/7 and above! i also did do practice papers for biology physics and chemistry is where i really need to focus on noww
(edited 2 years ago)
h

hey again just a little updatee, i went from a 4/4 in my yr10 mocks in june last yr to a 6/5 in these yr11 mocks from december last year and it was honestly because of the cgp guides!! i forgot to mention that i did use them in these yr 11 mocks but not at all in yr10 and it really goes to show that they do work! thanks so much again and will really be aiming for that 7/7 and above! i also did do practice papers for biology physics and chemistry is where i really need to focus on noww

Hey, I am very glad that you find the CGP revision guides really helpful! Yes they do and personally they are one of my favourite and also the best GCSE Science revision guides! It contains all the crucial points that you need to know and gives easy-to-understand explanations. Also physicsandmathstutor is another great website that you can use to do practice questions(I forgot to mention it last time lol), personally I haven't used them for GCSE practice before but there are GCSE Science revision questions for AQA on there, if you see any questions that are for Triple students only, just ignore them and do the questions for Double. No problem at all and do spend your time equally between all three subjects and make sure to do as many practice questions as you can, I am sure you will get 7/7 and above! Best of luck!:smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Hey, I am very glad that you find the CGP revision guides really helpful! Yes they do and personally they are one of my favourite and also the best GCSE Science revision guides! It contains all the crucial points that you need to know and gives easy-to-understand explanations. Also physicsandmathstutor is another great website that you can use to do practice questions(I forgot to mention it last time lol), personally I haven't used them for GCSE practice before but there are GCSE Science revision questions for AQA on there, if you see any questions that are for Triple students only, just ignore them and do the questions for Double. No problem at all and do spend your time equally between all three subjects and make sure to do as many practice questions as you can, I am sure you will get 7/7 and above! Best of luck!:smile:

yes! will definitely use that site and thank you so muchh!!
yes! will definitely use that site and thank you so muchh!!

That's great and no problem!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest