The Student Room Group

Sociology A level

I understand that A levels require a lot of effort no matter what the subject. However, I've heard sociology is fairly easy. Does anyone have any personal experiences with this?
Hi!

I'm in second year and I love it! It's by no means easy, but in comparison to my other two A-Levels (English Literature and History), it is a lot less in terms of workload.
Original post by annabellelangley
Hi!

I'm in second year and I love it! It's by no means easy, but in comparison to my other two A-Levels (English Literature and History), it is a lot less in terms of workload.

Hey, thanks for replying.

Are you enjoying history? I've heard a lot of people complaining about it. Would you say it's harder than english literature?
Reply 3
Original post by Lauren 28119
I understand that A levels require a lot of effort no matter what the subject. However, I've heard sociology is fairly easy. Does anyone have any personal experiences with this?

Hi I also thought that sociology was going to be easy because I heard that it was. It is not easy, and is as hard as any other a level. So make sure you like the subject if you choose to do it because you’ll end up hating it like the majority of people I know. :smile:
Reply 4

Hey, I achieved an A at A-level for Sociology and although I did achieve As in my other 2 A-levels, it was not as difficult to revise for in comparison. First year is fairly straight forward but I found second year slightly more complex and requires more work. hope this helps!
Original post by CarysB18
Hi I also thought that sociology was going to be easy because I heard that it was. It is not easy, and is as hard as any other a level. So make sure you like the subject if you choose to do it because you’ll end up hating it like the majority of people I know. :smile:

Which A levels did you choose? If there isn't much difference in the levels of difficulty, I might pick history. I do enjoy history but I didn't do it for GCSE which put me off

I did sociology A-level.
I found it was my easiest subject. That was because I was naturally good at it though. I found it really interesting as well, so that helped. Its easy enough to grasp the concepts. If you get into it and enjoy it, it feels like an easier subject if you get me.
Reply 7
Which A levels did you choose? If there isn't much difference in the levels of difficulty, I might pick history. I do enjoy history but I didn't do it for GCSE which put me off

I chose politics, psychology and sociology all essay based. I think you should definitely do subjects you enjoy because a levels are hard so you might as well enjoy what you’re doing while studying.
Reply 8
Original post by Laya_
Hey, I achieved an A at A-level for Sociology and although I did achieve As in my other 2 A-levels, it was not as difficult to revise for in comparison. First year is fairly straight forward but I found second year slightly more complex and requires more work. hope this helps!

Hi! Well done for your amazing grades! Can I ask what exam board you were for sociology, I'm aqa and not sure what revision websites/books are most useful and easy to understand. Do you have some websites and books that you can reccommend?

Hello! I’m currently doing AS and A2 in one year, sociology is a very enjoyable subject, I wouldn’t say anything is “easy” then again it’s not hard either, as long as you put your head to it and you’re enjoying the subject you’ll do great!
Reply 10
Original post by Rialiciousx
Hello! I’m currently doing AS and A2 in one year, sociology is a very enjoyable subject, I wouldn’t say anything is “easy” then again it’s not hard either, as long as you put your head to it and you’re enjoying the subject you’ll do great!

Hi! Would you recommend any revision websites/books that you find rlly good?
Hey, thanks for replying.

Are you enjoying history? I've heard a lot of people complaining about it. Would you say it's harder than english literature?

History is so much harder! The workload is insane - I enjoy it but only because I have a passion! If you don't absolutely love it I wouldn't recommend
Original post by annabellelangley
History is so much harder! The workload is insane - I enjoy it but only because I have a passion! If you don't absolutely love it I wouldn't recommend

Would it be more manageble to do this A level seperately in a year? I could do the english A level and sociology A level in two years prior to this. I'd say this isn't very realistic If I'd be working part time
Reply 13
Hi! Can i ask what exam board you had for a level sociology, i do AQA and i'm not sure what revision websites/resources are useful. Do you reccommend any?

Quick Reply

Latest