The Student Room Group

University of Southampton A102 (BM6) 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L.a.i.l.a.
Last year the number of applicants was 560 and 120 interviews were given (around 22%) and 30 offers (25%) (according to medicmind ) which is kinda weird coz their capacity is 30 students for that course so surely they’d give out a little more coz they know not everyone who’s getting an offer will end up acc going there right?

yikes the stats are so scary :frown:
Last year the number of applicants was 560 and 120 interviews were given (around 22%) and 30 offers (25%) (according to medicmind ) which is kinda weird coz their capacity is 30 students for that course so surely they’d give out a little more coz they know not everyone who’s getting an offer will end up acc going there right?

wow. that is sending me shivers down my spine
I knowww, and also the interview is panel and there’s a 30 min group task aswell so it’s probably gonna be harder especially coz it’s online
I knowww, and also the interview is panel and there’s a 30 min group task aswell so it’s probably gonna be harder especially coz it’s online

I don't get the group task, is this with other applicants and what are we expected to do ? I've never heard of this rip
Original post by hannah12389
I don't get the group task, is this with other applicants and what are we expected to do ? I've never heard of this rip

I asked one of the student who studies med at soton and she said last year it was just the panel and there wasn’t a group task because it was online and it lasted 30 mins but obviously I don’t know if that’s the case for this year too
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 85

There’s no group task, just the panel interview with 2 interviewers. Same as last year. Their website is rlly out of date.
Original post by scoope
There’s no group task, just the panel interview with 2 interviewers. Same as last year. Their website is rlly out of date.

Do you know how Southampton conducts panel interviews for bm6? Like what we should do to prepare? I would really appreciate your advice!
Reply 87
Original post by ethereala
Do you know how Southampton conducts panel interviews for bm6? Like what we should do to prepare? I would really appreciate your advice!

Just look at what the info they have on their website about their interviews and what they are assessing. 😊 But ignore the group task bit! . I’m sure they’ll give more details on their invitation to interview emails too.
Original post by Yoitsme987
I asked one of the student who studies med at soton and she said last year it was just the panel and there wasn’t a group task because it was online and it lasted 30 mins but obviously I don’t know if that’s the case for this year too

oh that's good thanks !
southahampton takin time w interviews icl
Original post by r_khan15

From what's going on in the A100 thread, interview invites for the A100 course could start from early next week ahh
We’ll probs get ours in the first week of feb so not long to go now !

I’m started to get anxiety waiting 😭 I’m so scared for the interview I’d be happy to get one but I don’t want it to scare me
Reply 93
Original post by watermellone
I’m started to get anxiety waiting 😭 I’m so scared for the interview I’d be happy to get one but I don’t want it to scare me

I don’t think any interviewer would want you to feel scared. And we’re all a bit anxious, you’re not alone. Just do your best, that’s all you can do and if that’s not good enough this year then you’ll have options.
Original post by scoope
I don’t think any interviewer would want you to feel scared. And we’re all a bit anxious, you’re not alone. Just do your best, that’s all you can do and if that’s not good enough this year then you’ll have options.

yes that is true, thank you for this reply :smile: i really do hope the best for all of us!
U know the way the interviews r on the 25th and 26th, and they said that they’d give us a week or two to prepare, then invites will probably be sent out around mid feb unless it’s rejections 😭
howd u know its on the 25th and 26th?
Reply 97
howd u know its on the 25th and 26th?

It’s on their website. Interview dates for BM6 are happening on 24th and 25th Feb. EEF34C46-5700-4391-BAC9-19CA39B75437.jpeg
Original post by scoope
It’s on their website. Interview dates for BM6 are happening on 24th and 25th Feb. EEF34C46-5700-4391-BAC9-19CA39B75437.jpeg

Interesting, thank you for this! :h:
Does anyone know if there is a ucat cutoff for the bm6 programme or if it’s not really looked at so much ?
Also has anyone got any interviews yet ?
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending