The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Will my predicted grades be enough for a potential offer? (Economics Bsc, Bath)

Hi, so currently I take Economics, Maths and Psychology for A level, and for AS I was fortunate enough to receive 3 A grades. However in terms of predictions I will be likely be receiving an A grade for Maths, and due to the new specification for Economics, an A as well, meaning that my only A* prediction will likely be in Psychology.

Is it possible for me to receive an offer from Bath with my A* prediction only being in Psychology, and not in Maths or Economics? Or would I need to get A* predictions for Maths and Economics in order to receive an offer?

Thanks
Original post by ghost88
Hi, so currently I take Economics, Maths and Psychology for A level, and for AS I was fortunate enough to receive 3 A grades. However in terms of predictions I will be likely be receiving an A grade for Maths, and due to the new specification for Economics, an A as well, meaning that my only A* prediction will likely be in Psychology.

Is it possible for me to receive an offer from Bath with my A* prediction only being in Psychology, and not in Maths or Economics? Or would I need to get A* predictions for Maths and Economics in order to receive an offer?

Thanks

Hi,

While it is not possible to predict whether you will receive an offer as the level of competition can very significantly from year to year, your grades and predicted grades are certainly in line with our entry requirements for Economics and therefore I would encourage you to make an application.

Feel free to quote me with any further queries, and good luck!

Steve
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi,

While it is not possible to predict whether you will receive an offer as the level of competition can very significantly from year to year, your grades and predicted grades are certainly in line with our entry requirements for Economics and therefore I would encourage you to make an application.

Feel free to quote me with any further queries, and good luck!

Steve

Great, thank you very much.
Reply 3
Hi what are the normal predicted grades of most of your offer holders?
Original post by ZS12345
Hi what are the normal predicted grades of most of your offer holders?

Hi there!

This is not data that is publicly available (as a student ambassador I do not have access to it) and I am not sure if it is something that is even collected. It varies year on year depending on the number and quality of applicants. Sorry I could not be of more help!

Best of luck!

Leah
Final Year Chemical Engineering
Reply 5
Original post by University of Bath
Hi there!

This is not data that is publicly available (as a student ambassador I do not have access to it) and I am not sure if it is something that is even collected. It varies year on year depending on the number and quality of applicants. Sorry I could not be of more help!

Best of luck!

Leah
Final Year Chemical Engineering

No worries appreciate the help nonetheless. Do u personally think A*A*AA is good enough for economics A*AA?

Latest