The Student Room Group

Does this mean I am unsuccessful at uni interview?

Worried as me and 3 friends were interviewed yesterday for university. Those 3 of heard back already today with offers and one being unsuccessful but placed on reserve list. I however have heard nothing. Do you think this means it’s bad news?
Original post by champagnemami1
Worried as me and 3 friends were interviewed yesterday for university. Those 3 of heard back already today with offers and one being unsuccessful but placed on reserve list. I however have heard nothing. Do you think this means it’s bad news?

Hi :smile:

Not necessarily! There are lots of different factors and steps in the admissions process that may mean your application would take slightly longer to process. I would give it a few working days and then contact the university admissions team (around Wednesday as university staff usually don't work weekends). The whole process can take sometimes several weeks and there may be lots of other students who are also in your position.

Most importantly, try not to panic or compare your situation to your friends until you hear back from the uni.

I hope this helps to reassure you!

Laura :rave:
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi :smile:

Not necessarily! There are lots of different factors and steps in the admissions process that may mean your application would take slightly longer to process. I would give it a few working days and then contact the university admissions team (around Wednesday as university staff usually don't work weekends). The whole process can take sometimes several weeks and there may be lots of other students who are also in your position.

Most importantly, try not to panic or compare your situation to your friends until you hear back from the uni.

I hope this helps to reassure you!

Laura :rave:

Thank you so much for this. I’ve just been so worried today as everyone’s constantly asking if I got in and wether I’d heard back or not. All of my friends were in the same group for their interview so maybe that’s why they’ve heard back and I haven’t yet? It’s just we were all interviewed yesterday so I thought we’d all hear back at the same time😭
No news is just that, no news.

They may have dozens of decisions to process, and not just for that one course.

Just keep your fingers crossed although I know it’s nerve wracking.

what course is this?
If you were in different groups it is fully possible that their group has been assessed and graded but your group hasn't yet.

It's not a no until you've actually heard no (they have no reason to wait once they know you are a no, particularly when they have a reserve list, so they highly likely just haven't looked at your interview feedback yet).
Original post by sushim4nia
what course is this?

Hi the course is adult nursing x
Original post by Lauracarter123
If you were in different groups it is fully possible that their group has been assessed and graded but your group hasn't yet.

It's not a no until you've actually heard no (they have no reason to wait once they know you are a no, particularly when they have a reserve list, so they highly likely just haven't looked at your interview feedback yet).

Thanks so much! Been so worried lol x
Thanks so much! Been so worried lol x

Try not to worry, it's probably just something like your interviewer has been slower uploading results or something like that. You shouldn't have too long a wait now though from the sounds of things x
You should get a decision soon no news is just that no news who knows they may be trying to decide wether to give you a reduced offer or something.
I had an interview yesterday and I’ve not heard anything yet so 🤞 we’ll hear early next week
Original post by Kathy2995
I had an interview yesterday and I’ve not heard anything yet so 🤞 we’ll hear early next week

Hope so! Hoping it’s nothing bad lol

Hey have u heard anything back yet? Hope u don’t mind me asking x
Hey have u heard anything back yet? Hope u don’t mind me asking x

Hi yes heard back yesterday, I’ve been offered a place 😂

No
Because people you know already got answer back on this don't mean you won't as they will get back to you eventually.
Reserve list is only incase anybody who said yes decides to drop out so they then ask somebody else on the list if they want a place on course.
Hi the course is adult nursing x

Each group will know on different days ok.

Don't panic as they will defo let you know
Depends on how quickly the interviewer's make decision & upload information.

Have you got any more interviews to do still for nursing.

Good luck.

Awww well done!! I still haven’t heard back 😂
Reply 17

Wow well done!! Is it okay if I ask how the interview went? like was it scary? haha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending