No im waiting too. I applied for Meng CS
What did u apply for?
What are ur predicted?
Reply 3
Original post by stephon68
No im waiting too. I applied for Meng CS
What did u apply for?
What are ur predicted?

I applied for BSc. My predicted were A*A*A.
Reply 4
still waiting..
still waiting.A* in M and FM, predicted A* in CS and Physics. I did not get even one offer now:frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Crystalsmiley
still waiting.A* in M and FM, predicted A* in CS and Physics. I did not get even one offer now:frown:

Where all did u apply?
Where all did u apply?

cam interview and rejected
imperial af and cs even no interview
ucl and manchester no news
GONNA BE MAD…
Reply 8
This thread is for all UNDERGRADUATES who applied for:
Bsc/ MEng/Msc Computer Science and related courses at the
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON(UCL) for 2022 Entry.

cam interview and rejected
imperial af and cs even no interview
ucl and manchester no news
GONNA BE MAD…

Haha same i applied to UCL in September and still nothing. What did u apply for at UCL?
Haha same i applied to UCL in September and still nothing. What did u apply for at UCL?

G400 Computer Science:colonhash:
Reply 10
G400 Computer Science:colonhash:

Great I saw few G400 offers on Reddit. I applied for G402.
Reply 11
I have similar situation. Rejected by Cambridge, no news from Imperial, rejected by UCL and manchester with no comments. I have AAA for AS levels in Math, Further Math, Physics and predicted are A*A*A*. Actually I was sort of disappointed in UCL because I have the max possible grades, so it is weird to be rejected even without an interview or something. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I am international student so I have IAL Pearson Edexcel instead of normal A levels. Idk really

I have applied for G400
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Knyaz
I have similar situation. Rejected by Cambridge, no news from Imperial, rejected by UCL and manchester with no comments. I have AAA for AS levels in Math, Further Math, Physics and predicted are A*A*A*. Actually I was sort of disappointed in UCL because I have the max possible grades, so it is weird to be rejected even without an interview or something. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I am international student so I have IAL Pearson Edexcel instead of normal A levels. Idk really

I have applied for G400

Unlucky hope you hear back from imperial soon! Not sure why they would reject You because your international. What was your personal statement like as that carries a lot of weight?
Reply 13
Original post by TR-18
Unlucky hope you hear back from imperial soon! Not sure why they would reject You because your international. What was your personal statement like as that carries a lot of weight?

Thanks for support :smile:
I believe that I had sort of strong personal statement, I have discussed it with many sufficiently qualified people, like with a friend of mine from Yale (it is one of the best USA unis), whose work were about assesing personal statements, and she said that it was good. Generally, I mentioned there some of my achievments, like I won a bunch of national olympiads in robotics/astrophysics, etc. I mean, this friend of mine actually said that it was one of the stongest personal statements she has ever seen, so idk. Fun story is that she applied to Oxford and got rejected, so maybe there were some things which are important for UK unis and unnecessary for US unis. However, she was not the only one person with whom I have discussed my PS, so most probably the problem is not there.

Anyways, I dont think that my experience is relevant, it could be some random stuff. I do believe that the fact that I got an interview at Cambridge means that the problem is not with me, but with Manchester and UCL.
Reply 14
Original post by Knyaz
Thanks for support :smile:
I believe that I had sort of strong personal statement, I have discussed it with many sufficiently qualified people, like with a friend of mine from Yale (it is one of the best USA unis), whose work were about assesing personal statements, and she said that it was good. Generally, I mentioned there some of my achievments, like I won a bunch of national olympiads in robotics/astrophysics, etc. I mean, this friend of mine actually said that it was one of the stongest personal statements she has ever seen, so idk. Fun story is that she applied to Oxford and got rejected, so maybe there were some things which are important for UK unis and unnecessary for US unis. However, she was not the only one person with whom I have discussed my PS, so most probably the problem is not there.

Anyways, I dont think that my experience is relevant, it could be some random stuff. I do believe that the fact that I got an interview at Cambridge means that the problem is not with me, but with Manchester and UCL.

That’s so weird. You can try contacting them to see why they rejected you - usually they do give a vague reason as to why they rejected you not sure though. Can I ask what country your applying from?
Reply 15
Original post by TR-18
That’s so weird. You can try contacting them to see why they rejected you - usually they do give a vague reason as to why they rejected you not sure though. Can I ask what country your applying from?

I am applying from Russia. The idea about asking the uni about their decision is good, however I think that they will answer with the standart form like "low grades" or smth, because that is what they have written in UCAS as the reason of rejection. Anyway I will try to contact them, thanks. Will update info when they answer, as that could help future generations haha
Reply 16
MEng CS here, still waiting for a decision but that’s expected as I applied quite late :smile: anyone got offers yet ?
Reply 17
Original post by Knyaz
I am applying from Russia. The idea about asking the uni about their decision is good, however I think that they will answer with the standart form like "low grades" or smth, because that is what they have written in UCAS as the reason of rejection. Anyway I will try to contact them, thanks. Will update info when they answer, as that could help future generations haha

Cool good luck!
Reply 18
Received an email from UCL today saying they’re still considering my application - anyone else get this??
Original post by TR-18
Received an email from UCL today saying they’re still considering my application - anyone else get this??

Yeah I had it and honestly the fact that it started by "We are delighted" stopped my heart for a second

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending