The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Accommodation

Hi everyone,

I am excited that I decided to attend Coventry in September studying MA Product Design.

I would like to reserve accommodation and I have a couple of questions.

Do you know if Fargo village is close to the university? How is that area? Is it good? Safe?

I believe that I will be studying in and around the Graham Sutherland building as a design student. Is that correct?

The rental is exclusive of utilities. Do you know around how much per month does utilities come up to?

Thank you.

Hanna
Original post by hbawab
Hi everyone,

I am excited that I decided to attend Coventry in September studying MA Product Design.

I would like to reserve accommodation and I have a couple of questions.

Do you know if Fargo village is close to the university? How is that area? Is it good? Safe?

I believe that I will be studying in and around the Graham Sutherland building as a design student. Is that correct?

The rental is exclusive of utilities. Do you know around how much per month does utilities come up to?

Thank you.

Hanna

Hey @hbawab,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, Fargo Village is close to the university. It's around a 15 mins walk. If you choose to stay at either Calcott or Gosford Gate, it's about a 7 mins walk. The area is good, it's local and friendly with various independent stalls. :smile:

To my knowledge, the Graham Sutherland building is used by the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, predominately for the Design and Visual Art students, fitted with a full commercial fashion studio - so, yes.

In terms of utility costs, I'm unsure. This varies depending on how much you use and how you split the costs between you and your housemates.

I hope this helps.

Veronica
Student Ambassador
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hey @hbawab,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, Fargo Village is close to the university. It's around a 15 mins walk. If you choose to stay at either Calcott or Gosford Gate, it's about a 7 mins walk. The area is good, it's local and friendly with various independent stalls. :smile:

To my knowledge, the Graham Sutherland building is used by the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, predominately for the Design and Visual Art students, fitted with a full commercial fashion studio - so, yes.

In terms of utility costs, I'm unsure. This varies depending on how much you use and how you split the costs between you and your housemates.

I hope this helps.

Veronica
Student Ambassador

Thank you Veronica. 15 minutes seems OK. Will search more about utility costs.

Thanks.
Hi @hbawab,

Just to add - some accommodations have utilities included so keep that in mind as it can keep costs down! For example, this is the case with most university owned accommodation and for some private houses.

All the best,
Sara
Student Ambassador
Reply 4
Thank you guys. I asked Futurelets and they told me that for the flats I was searching for around Fargo village to expect 65-70 GBP for utilities. It is for a 1 bedroom flat.

Quick Reply

Latest