Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Parents of Durham University 2022 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Still waiting too. Hang on in there x

Shouldn't think that way. Your loved one will feel the negativity.
Keep confident and no matter what they have tried their best
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Laburnum1
Another week passed and no offer or rejection for my son who applied for history 6 months ago , seems like only rejections coming out yesterday, according to the spreadsheet, so not looking good .

Hang in there. You don’t know until the decision comes through. And you would hope that given how long they have had his application they are giving it serious consideration. Fingers crossed for him and you🤞
Original post by Laburnum1
Another week passed and no offer or rejection for my son who applied for history 6 months ago , seems like only rejections coming out yesterday, according to the spreadsheet, so not looking good .

Also still waiting, for joint honours History and Spanish. Don't give up yet. There haven't been many home, standard History offers (that we can see on the sheet anyway) and barely any joint degrees yet. We're trying to stay positive here 😊!
I was being positive. My son already has his grades and has 2 good offers so it matters not to me where he chooses, I was just standing with the person still waiting to let them know they are not alone, what’s negative? Unless you were replying to the wrong post 😁

You are right, I am replying to the wrong post.....Sorry
I was being positive. My son already has his grades and has 2 good offers so it matters not to me where he chooses, I was :wink:just standing with the person still waiting to let them know they are not alone, what’s negative? Unless you were replying to the wrong post 😁

I think they meant to click on the one you were replying to :wink:
Still waiting too. Hang on in there x

This is just ridiculous now. Obviously will be advising friend’s children not to bother applying for Durham. Too little certainty. My YP waiting on law still.
Original post by Micky J
This is just ridiculous now. Obviously will be advising friend’s children not to bother applying for Durham. Too little certainty. My YP waiting on law still.

Especially given what PQ says about treatment of students who just miss offers being messed about for days after results.Son's offer 27th March was bad enough we felt.(not this intake).
(edited 2 years ago)
Well another week another opportunity. Good luck everyone still waiting (also us).
Well another week another opportunity. Good luck everyone still waiting (also us).

Absolutely - good luck to everyone this week. I feel DU will go all out this week as pretty sure college allocations start next week so 🤞🏻
I know it’s no consolation but a number of other very reputable Universities seem to be doing the exact same as DU in trickling out offers. There are candidates on SU still waiting for several universities to respond as we are about to go into May. I genuinely think if you’ve not yet been rejected you should try to remain positive however hard that is (and gosh is it hard!!??!!)
Good luck to everyone - I’m sure this week is the week 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

And to you, hope my daughter hears from Edinburgh and Durham this week
Absolutely - good luck to everyone this week. I feel DU will go all out this week as pretty sure college allocations start next week so 🤞🏻
I know it’s no consolation but a number of other very reputable Universities seem to be doing the exact same as DU in trickling out offers. There are candidates on SU still waiting for several universities to respond as we are about to go into May. I genuinely think if you’ve not yet been rejected you should try to remain positive however hard that is (and gosh is it hard!!??!!)
Good luck to everyone - I’m sure this week is the week 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

And to you, hope my daughter hears from Edinburgh and Durham this week

Thank you. For the first time yesterday, the offspring suggested that, due to this delay in response and the increasing reports seen about lack of inclusion and diversity at DU (blame tiktok), that it may not be the place for them. Am thinking this is deflection on their part in case of a pending rejection but we'll see. Am absolutely not expecting them to get a reply this week as suspect it will be down to the wire or the long debated auto-reject but it would be a nice surprise if they do (either way, tbh at this stage!). I suspect the college allocation will be about as meaningless for admissions as the offer-holder days were, sadly.
How do the college preferences work? My son has ranked his colleges, but not yet firmed Durham as he's still waiting to hear from UCL. Does this matter re college allocation, or should I advise him to withdraw from UCL and firm Durham....?
Original post by Mrsbaffled
How do the college preferences work? My son has ranked his colleges, but not yet firmed Durham as he's still waiting to hear from UCL. Does this matter re college allocation, or should I advise him to withdraw from UCL and firm Durham....?

he'll be allocated one next week irrespective
Son got E-mail saying college allocation starting next week. Good luck to all with their top choices and good luck to those waiting to hear!
Anyone got any ideas how to deal with the stress of this wait?
YP has extra mocks tomorrow and next week ahead of starting in mid May.
Am literally tearing my hair out. They seem to be doing no preparation whatsoever and, having been rejected from Cambridge earlier this year seem to have totally lost interest.
If DU came back with an offer now, there may be hope of some sort of motivation but currently, this is simply torturous.
Just me / us?
My YP got rejected last night for Economics. Predicted 4 A* plus A* EPQ, 11 x 9 GCSE’s. Is lucky enough to have 4 other offers including Cambridge and LSE but would have loved Durham. I hope anyone waiting hears soon. Good luck all.
Am literally tearing my hair out. They seem to be doing no preparation whatsoever and, having been rejected from Cambridge earlier this year seem to have totally lost interest.
If DU came back with an offer now, there may be hope of some sort of motivation but currently, this is simply torturous.
Just me / us?

Stop relying on the Durham offer and focus your mind on finding out more and talking up their other offers.All they do not need is knowing their parent does not think they will have succeeded without getting a Cambridge or Durham place.By now my son was thinking stuff Durham and that did not happen by accident.
Just me / us?

Just day by day - and when you hear it's not necessarily all plain sailing from that point either. It totally threw many curved balls here and really took some processing. A levels start next week and everything's still so unsettled for so many of them unfortunately. I'm surprised so many people are still waiting to hear from so many places.
Thank you. For the first time yesterday, the offspring suggested that, due to this delay in response and the increasing reports seen about lack of inclusion and diversity at DU (blame tiktok), that it may not be the place for them. Am thinking this is deflection on their part in case of a pending rejection but we'll see. Am absolutely not expecting them to get a reply this week as suspect it will be down to the wire or the long debated auto-reject but it would be a nice surprise if they do (either way, tbh at this stage!). I suspect the college allocation will be about as meaningless for admissions as the offer-holder days were, sadly.

Thank you for your replies and, as you will see from my earlier post quoted above, they are also now reconsidering whether DU will actually suit them but it remains a stressful situ nonetheless.
To be clear, we absolutely have been trying to encourage the other 2 offers they have received but they won't move on with those until DU has responded.
Thank you for your replies and, as you will see from my earlier post quoted above, they are also now reconsidering whether DU will actually suit them but it remains a stressful situ nonetheless.
To be clear, we absolutely have been trying to encourage the other 2 offers they have received but they won't move on with those until DU has responded.

My YP knocked back for Law.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest