The Student Room Group

Are unpaid internships worth it?

unpaid internships worth it? (For someone with no experience in that field?)

I’ve been offered a unpaid internship but haven’t applied for any paid ones however I was told I’m less likely to be offered one with no experience anyway

I am happy to do unpaid work but it does seem like a lot to do

What should I do?
Original post by j.xxxxxj
...but haven’t applied for any paid ones however I was told I’m less likely to be offered one with no experience anyway

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." (Wayne Gretzky)

If you opt not to take this unpaid internship, what would you do instead? How long will the internship last? What experience can you expect to gain? Is it likely to lead to paid work once it concludes?

Those are the questions you should be asking yourself when making this decision.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." (Wayne Gretzky)

If you opt not to take this unpaid internship, what would you do instead? How long will the internship last? What experience can you expect to gain? Is it likely to lead to paid work once it concludes?

Those are the questions you should be asking yourself when making this decision.

That’s very true I don’t want to regret anything!

I have asked myself those questions and most of the answers are very positive. however i forgot to mention the career area, I’m not sure I want to get into it. but I guess getting the experience will need to confirm or help me fully decide it’s not for me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending