The Student Room Group

how’s everyone feeling for psychology paper 1 AQA a level

what’s everyone’s predictions?
i predict a 16 marker on memory, a 16 marker on psychopathology, explanations of ocd
i really don’t want the last few topics of attachment to come up especially orphan studies, would like something on monotropy
feel like there’ll be an 8 marker on minority or resisting social influence
praying its on explanations of OCD, i did a practice question on that and got it marked by my teacher, and it was a 14/16, so i feel like its a strong point for me. I will do a happy dance to myself if it comes up
Attachment is a harder topic for me, I know the AS paper had Bowlby's theory of maternal deprivation on, so hopefully we wont get it too. I agree, Bowlby's theory of monotrophy would be a nice topic.
I feel like ways of improving EWT could come up as a 16 marker for memory, either that or WMM
I feel like there isnt much to say for minority influence, what would you include in your essay if it came up as 8 or 16 marker?
Original post by Squiggles1238
praying its on explanations of OCD, i did a practice question on that and got it marked by my teacher, and it was a 14/16, so i feel like its a strong point for me. I will do a happy dance to myself if it comes up
Attachment is a harder topic for me, I know the AS paper had Bowlby's theory of maternal deprivation on, so hopefully we wont get it too. I agree, Bowlby's theory of monotrophy would be a nice topic.
I feel like ways of improving EWT could come up as a 16 marker for memory, either that or WMM
I feel like there isnt much to say for minority influence, what would you include in your essay if it came up as 8 or 16 marker?

i did a 16 marker for ocd explanations as well! could you send me yours if that’s ok? my teacher marks really harshly and pushes me which i like so i only got 12 out of 16 but gave me improvements
yeah i don’t like attachment, i have a feeling there could be an 8 marker on cultural variations though
i love memory so i’d be happy with the two models or cognitive interview
minority influence 8 marker for ao1 i would stick to consistency commitment and flexibility, i did a practice one which i’m getting back tomoz so i can send it you if you’d like. then for ao3 i would do moscovici as research support, then another evaluation point onnthe use of artificial material
Original post by jakewatkins22
i did a 16 marker for ocd explanations as well! could you send me yours if that’s ok? my teacher marks really harshly and pushes me which i like so i only got 12 out of 16 but gave me improvements
yeah i don’t like attachment, i have a feeling there could be an 8 marker on cultural variations though
i love memory so i’d be happy with the two models or cognitive interview
minority influence 8 marker for ao1 i would stick to consistency commitment and flexibility, i did a practice one which i’m getting back tomoz so i can send it you if you’d like. then for ao3 i would do moscovici as research support, then another evaluation point onnthe use of artificial material

I hand wrote mine so not quite sure how to send it over TSR, plus it's really hard to read :colondollar:. If you needed help developing specific areas, I would be more than happy to help you with that :smile:
Oh lord, an 8 marker on cultural variations would literally wipe me out. Like how would you even go about answering that???
Not many people like memory, so it's nice to hear from someone who actually enjoys the topic for once
Yeah, if you could send it to me that would be great! The a01 I'm chill with, it's more the evaluation that I struggle with for minority influence
I hand wrote mine so not quite sure how to send it over TSR, plus it's really hard to read :colondollar:. If you needed help developing specific areas, I would be more than happy to help you with that :smile:
Oh lord, an 8 marker on cultural variations would literally wipe me out. Like how would you even go about answering that???
Not many people like memory, so it's nice to hear from someone who actually enjoys the topic for once
Yeah, if you could send it to me that would be great! The a01 I'm chill with, it's more the evaluation that I struggle with for minority influence

do you have any form of social media you don’t mind me messaging on? you could send me the 16 marker you did and tomorrow i could send you the minority influence one
also did a cultural variations one as well which i’ll hopefully get back tomorrow from my teacher (8 marker). i would go about putting ijzendoorn in ao1, then keeping studies like simonelli for ao3, and my other points i normally use is imposed etic/ethnocentrism etc
minority influence if it’s an 8 marker DEFINITELY use moscovici for one point!
do you have any form of social media you don’t mind me messaging on? you could send me the 16 marker you did and tomorrow i could send you the minority influence one
also did a cultural variations one as well which i’ll hopefully get back tomorrow from my teacher (8 marker). i would go about putting ijzendoorn in ao1, then keeping studies like simonelli for ao3, and my other points i normally use is imposed etic/ethnocentrism etc
minority influence if it’s an 8 marker DEFINITELY use moscovici for one point!

sorry, I don't give out my social media :s-smilie:
You make some good points, I will definitely implement them in my answers, thank you!
How are you feeling about papers 2 & 3?
sorry, I don't give out my social media :s-smilie:
You make some good points, I will definitely implement them in my answers, thank you!
How are you feeling about papers 2 & 3?

what about whatsapp or i could give you my social media and you message on a different account your 16 marker? i’m really in need of it if you could consider please:smile:
paper 2 is my least favourite. i love approaches, bio psychology is okay but quite hard but i’m dreadful at research methods
we only finished aggression like over a week ago… so i’m not sure about that
i love schizophrenia and i’m alright at relationships. issues and debates i’ve gotten used to as well
what about whatsapp or i could give you my social media and you message on a different account your 16 marker? i’m really in need of it if you could consider please:smile:
paper 2 is my least favourite. i love approaches, bio psychology is okay but quite hard but i’m dreadful at research methods
we only finished aggression like over a week ago… so i’m not sure about that
i love schizophrenia and i’m alright at relationships. issues and debates i’ve gotten used to as well

Sorry, I keep TSR and my actual online presence separate!
I completely agree with you about paper 2, I find biopsych particularly hard, and research methods have a tendency to really throw me off sometimes!
We did schizophrenia too, and I think it's probably my favourite topic
Sorry, I keep TSR and my actual online presence separate!
I completely agree with you about paper 2, I find biopsych particularly hard, and research methods have a tendency to really throw me off sometimes!
We did schizophrenia too, and I think it's probably my favourite topic

how can i see the exam question then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending