The Student Room Group

A-level Philosophy Study Group 2022

Scroll to see replies

Very happy with how I did. How did everyone find it?
Hardest questions came up which should lower the grade boundaries.
i think my essays were weak and i wasted time because i blanked on the 12 markers (eventually figured it out and scraped together an answer) but i feel like it wasn’t that bad. my teacher spent the last two weeks ironing out moral anti realism and the int/ded thesis 😭 i really should’ve payed more attention the last week. i think most people are happy bc they a lot of people predicted the essay question
Original post by SolsticeSerpent
😭😭😭🥴 is my entire reaction to this exam

same
Original post by Proggyblocky
same

Me too, it went so badly. On the moral anti realism question, if I gave four uses of moral language, but they weren’t the reasons given in the textbook, do you think that would be ok? I said moral language was used for expressing emotions, instructing/commanding, influencing, and disagreeing/agreeing/debating. The textbook says moral reasoning (which I merged with agreeing/disagreeing/debating), expressing emotion and approval/disapproval (not in the textbook) and then I got the other issues right. Am I going to drop marks over that?

Also - said that because error theory is non cognitive the problem of moral language doesn’t apply. Is that correct?

I’m going to give myself a day to wallow in self pity to get all the disappointment and sadness out and then get on with revising for other subjects - that’s why I’m asking these questions even though the exam is over
Original post by ryanlim120405
Hardest questions came up which should lower the grade boundaries.

do you remember all the questions?
Original post by amethystmoss
Me too, it went so badly. On the moral anti realism question, if I gave four uses of moral language, but they weren’t the reasons given in the textbook, do you think that would be ok? I said moral language was used for expressing emotions, instructing/commanding, influencing, and disagreeing/agreeing/debating. The textbook says moral reasoning (which I merged with agreeing/disagreeing/debating), expressing emotion and approval/disapproval (not in the textbook) and then I got the other issues right. Am I going to drop marks over that?

Also - said that because error theory is non cognitive the problem of moral language doesn’t apply. Is that correct?

I’m going to give myself a day to wallow in self pity to get all the disappointment and sadness out and then get on with revising for other subjects - that’s why I’m asking these questions even though the exam is over

error theory is cognitive - thats the error. its emotivism and prescriptivism that are non cog.
Original post by anon332211
error theory is cognitive - thats the error. its emotivism and prescriptivism that are non cog.

That’s what I wrote in my paper - just messed it up in the post
any predictions for paper 2 essay questions?
Original post by nazma5979

1- cosmological arguments and 2- property dualism
Original post by LovingLucy

thank you!
Original post by nazma5979

Cosmological argument and behaviourism

I'm thinking paper 2 might be eliminative materialism :X or at least I hope it's that over property dualism.
Ran out of time at the end so had to rush the end of my intuition / deduction essay.... only ended up writing like half a page on Descartes proof of the external world and criticisms
Original post by queenofstressing
do you remember all the questions?

philosophy paper 1 2022
epistomology
3- difference (as in define these things) between necessary and contingent truths
5- reliabilist account on knowledge
5- hallucinations as an issue for DR (direct realism)
12- IR (indirect realism) and Berkeley's objection to it
25- Is Descartes' rational intuition and deduction thesis successful?

moral philosophy
3- kant's definition of hypothetical imperatives
5- aristotle's skills analogy
5- Kant ignoring the role of certain motives
12- hedonic utilitarianism and the objection it ignores the moral integrity of the individual
25- is anti realism the correct metaethical view?

i really liked this paper, even though I hate philosophy loll
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by ivywalkerrr
I'm thinking paper 2 might be eliminative materialism :X or at least I hope it's that over property dualism.

it cant be, its already come up as the 25 marker in the 2019 paper and why that over property dualism- its so easy, easier the eliminative materialism. its either property dualism or behaviourism as the m/physics of mind 25 marker.

because it is a new specification and grading, philosophy aqa wants a range of questions to see how students do etc- they cannot repeat a question that only happened 3 years ago- they would want to ask more stuff. just focus on the advanced info now that we know nothing outside of it is coming up- chill out.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by anonymousKGE
philosophy paper 1 2022
epistomology
3- difference (as in define these things) between necessary and contingent truths
5- reliabilist account on knowledge
5- hallucinations as an issue for DR (direct realism)
12- IR (indirect realism) and Berkeley's objection to it
25- Is Descartes' rational intuition and deduction thesis successful?

moral philosophy
3- kant's definition of hypothetical imperatives
5- aristotle's skills analogy
5- (can't remember even though it was yesterday- i tend to have this after exams loll)
12- hedonic utilitarianism and the objection it ignores the moral integrity of the individual
25- is anti realism the correct metaethical view?

feel free to comment what was the 2nd moral philosophy 5 marker (exam amnesia lol)

i really liked this paper, even though I hate philosophy loll

It was how Kant ignores other motives
it cant be, its already come up as the 25 marker in the 2019 paper and why that over property dualism- its so easy, easier the eliminative materialism. its either property dualism or behaviourism as the m/physics of mind 25 marker.

because it is a new specification and grading, philosophy aqa wants a range of questions to see how students do etc- they cannot repeat a question that only happened 3 years ago- they would want to ask more stuff. just focus on the advanced info now that we know nothing outside of it is coming up- chill out.

oh right lol, personally I find eliminative materialism nicer then property dualism. for some reason I have EM in my spread-sheet as a possible essay, I need to correct that!

property dualism would be a dream!! i hope they don’t ask about physicalism/functionalism 🥲

have they asked about functionalism recently?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending