The Student Room Group

not revising

I’m aiming for the top grades, and I’ve been working my a** off for months but ever since my first week of GCSEs, I’ve just been so tired and lounging around the house all day. I’m prepared for the exams this week because of my previous revision but I still want to do a few past papers still but can’t find the energy.
Advice?
Original post by bunsenburner92
I’m aiming for the top grades, and I’ve been working my a** off for months but ever since my first week of GCSEs, I’ve just been so tired and lounging around the house all day. I’m prepared for the exams this week because of my previous revision but I still want to do a few past papers still but can’t find the energy.
Advice?

Take a break from even thinking about revision for a day or so and let yourself try to rest and refresh. Then try and do some sort of revision but maybe try and include it into your day a bit more. Like what I do is a quick 100 question science quiz on this website called cognito in between watching tv just so I’m doing a bit of revision but I’m also relaxing outside of school when I have no motivation
Original post by bunsenburner92
Advice?

sounds like you're burned out, take a break and let yourself rest for some time if you're already well prepared.
Try not to worry too much about this, as you say you'll be fine because of your previous revision. There also comes a point where you've basically "done what you can do" and revising more won't have a huge impact on the final result.
omg i can totally relate to that
what i do is i workout cos I enjoy it but obvs thats not the case for everyone
essentially (this works for me) do something offline cos when i take a break on my phone or smt, i don't even feel like i've had a proper break
I find that if you take short but fulfilling, active breaks those are usually more useful

also just take a nap, it will help

Quick Reply

Latest