The Student Room Group

BTEC National diploma in Applied Science Unit 2 Learning Aim D

Hi
It would be really helpful for someone to give me a guide for this assignment or to check what I’m doing it right
Reply 1
Hi, is this the reflection part?

Pass:
If it is, all I did to get a merit was write down short descriptions of what I did in each experiment of the assignment - so write a few lines of the experiment you did in assignment A then in B and so on. Then I did a table for each assignment and wrote the skills I didn't have before starting the experiment, the skills I learnt after doing the experiment, and what I could do to improve further. It's literally wrote 2 skills for each assignment. Do the table or however you want to lay it out, for each assignment about skills. E.g. I didn't know how to calibrate a pH meter. After doing the experiment, I gained a skill in learning to calibrate a pH meter. To improve I could practice more so that i don't forget....

Merit part:
Then after doing that, under each table write down how you worked safely during the experiment, do you accept the responsibility of how you worked during the experiment, what feedback did you get from your teacher or peers in order to improve in your assignments or experiment, what you think you need to improve on and how you would do that.

The pass part took me only 30 minutes but the merit will take 1hr to 2hrs because you would need to look back at your assignments.

Hope this helps
X
Original post by ZC15
Hi, is this the reflection part?

Pass:
If it is, all I did to get a merit was write down short descriptions of what I did in each experiment of the assignment - so write a few lines of the experiment you did in assignment A then in B and so on. Then I did a table for each assignment and wrote the skills I didn't have before starting the experiment, the skills I learnt after doing the experiment, and what I could do to improve further. It's literally wrote 2 skills for each assignment. Do the table or however you want to lay it out, for each assignment about skills. E.g. I didn't know how to calibrate a pH meter. After doing the experiment, I gained a skill in learning to calibrate a pH meter. To improve I could practice more so that i don't forget....

Merit part:
Then after doing that, under each table write down how you worked safely during the experiment, do you accept the responsibility of how you worked during the experiment, what feedback did you get from your teacher or peers in order to improve in your assignments or experiment, what you think you need to improve on and how you would do that.

The pass part took me only 30 minutes but the merit will take 1hr to 2hrs because you would need to look back at your assignments.

Hope this helps
X

Omg thank you so much how do I do the distinction also will it be possible to send you what I’ve done so far
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Sameerah_05
Omg thank you so much how do I do the distinction also will it be possible to send you what I’ve done so far

Hi, I've attached what's needed for distinction and a template for pass and merit, and yeah you can email it to me but I won't be able to check it until later tonight. My email is [email protected]
Original post by ZC15
Hi, I've attached what's needed for distinction and a template for pass and merit, and yeah you can email it to me but I won't be able to check it until later tonight. My email is [email protected]

That’s fine I’ll try to do as much as I can before sending again thank you so much
Reply 5
Original post by Sameerah_05
That’s fine I’ll try to do as much as I can before sending again thank you so much

No problem :smile:
Reply 6
can someone give me an example of thier assigniment for aim D so i can see what i need to write about

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending