The Student Room Group

AQA Psychology paper 1 2022 UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME/DISCUSSIONS

how did everyone find the paper?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ate_lophobia

Thanks for setting this up! Hopefully people jump in soon and start chatting about the answers :smile:
i just realised that the last question on if the test was significant or not was significant, i thought a two tailed test was used if it was a directional hypothesis. actually gonna cry!!
paper was okay, but i really didnt read the questions on some of the questions. you??
Statistical test threw me off, the 16 markers were alright, but couldve gone with at least 10 more minutes to perfect my evaluations. Overall i think aqa were quite generous because they actually stuck to the advanced info
Feel like everyone loved the attachment 16 marker but me, my answer was all over the place tryna link it to what it tells us about human attachment. Other than that I think it was okay 😭
Literally, i didn’t apply it to human attachment other then saying it couldn’t be applied to humans due to evolutionary discontinuity. So like feel I’m gonna be capped
Original post by sock1234
Feel like everyone loved the attachment 16 marker but me, my answer was all over the place tryna link it to what it tells us about human attachment. Other than that I think it was okay 😭

Literally, i didn’t apply it to human attachment other then saying it couldn’t be applied to humans due to evolutionary discontinuity. So like feel I’m gonna be capped

the paper as a whole was generally pretty good, don't want to get my hopes up too high though! :smile: I did run out of time on the last 8 marker and the attachment 16 marker wasn't my favourite but I still answered it so that's an achievement I guess. Nervous for paper 2 tho if I'm honest
I wanna say it went really well. especially attachment, because I didn't revise anything after Bowlby's monotropic theory and I was scared some of those topics would come up but they didn't so overall pretty good. Did you have time to finish everything?
Original post by 20ekerry
paper was okay, but i really didnt read the questions on some of the questions. you??
Many people in my school didn't like that question either, people got confused between two tailed and one tailed. And yes I was scared they were gonna make the paper harder as they narrowed down the spec but it was decent. I was also glad there were 3 16 markers - I can't deal with little questions I'd rather just do a brain dump on one topic. How r u feeling about paper 2?

Original post by Lucy.may2
Statistical test threw me off, the 16 markers were alright, but couldve gone with at least 10 more minutes to perfect my evaluations. Overall i think aqa were quite generous because they actually stuck to the advanced info
sameee I had to think about that because I literally just revised the studies as it is. I linked it back to how Bowlby's monotropic theory was based on Lorenz's imprinting idea and Harlow I just put it has real world applications. Idk how right that is tho. Overall my attachment Essay would be the weakest cz I was running out of time. Ready for paper 2?
Original post by sock1234
yess so many people in my school found that question weird too. But hopefully the rest of the paper went alright?
i just realised that the last question on if the test was significant or not was significant, i thought a two tailed test was used if it was a directional hypothesis. actually gonna cry!!

i was so glad i actually got that right because before i would always get the answer wrong .. BUT i did write "numerical" for the purpose of the pearsons rho when i shouldve wrote "nominal" i think..
yess same last 8 marker I only managed to the AO1 in detail so hopefully I'll get 3 marks at least. Attachment threw me off too cz i think many of us just revised the studies as it is. But as long every question is answered I think we'll be okay. and paper 2 TRUST ME RESEARCH METHODS IS THE BANE OF MY LIFE
Original post by AnonymousX0823
the paper as a whole was generally pretty good, don't want to get my hopes up too high though! :smile: I did run out of time on the last 8 marker and the attachment 16 marker wasn't my favourite but I still answered it so that's an achievement I guess. Nervous for paper 2 tho if I'm honest
I think it was interval data
Original post by hopebagel
i was so glad i actually got that right because before i would always get the answer wrong .. BUT i did write "numerical" for the purpose of the pearsons rho when i shouldve wrote "nominal" i think..
good luck everyone for paper 2! i hope only 1 16 marker shows up this time :colonhash:
I think it was interval data

omg... i remembered it but i was convinced it wasnt the right one NOOOO!

Quick Reply

Latest