The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Biology Paper 2 7402/2 - 17 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alpacalover1
Okay! Better than paper 1 :smile: Although, the 5 marker on speciation was unexpected 😳

Yesss and I didn’t like the gene therapy one either 😭
Original post by lafifa007
What did people write for why the blood test for prostrate isn’t conclusive

the information told you that a urine infection or naturally enlarged prostate would also produce the prostate specific antigen. so i said a positive result might also indicate iron infection or naturally a enlarged prostate, is not necessarily indicative of prostate cancer
Original post by a_random_sapien
No, it’s increase in methylation of the tumour suppressor gene so tumour suppressor proteins are not translated so cannot stop cell division

You were meant to write about it in terms of how the drug stops methylation. I wrote increased methylation of tumour suppressor gene leads to uncontrollable cell division. The drug inhibits enzymes that cause methylation so decreased methylation of tumour suppressor gene. RNA polymerase and transcription factors can now bind to gene and translate it, leading to production of tumour suppressor gene to regulate cell cycle and stop uncontrollable mitosis
Was it only me who got 0.0625 on the probability question? I think it’s cuz I messed up part 1 because I said parent 1s allele for blood is Ia Io
What did people write for the fill in the gaps question
Original post by metdog
i put the same althought i suppose you could also say independant segregation

I put small sample size and random mutation- do u think that’s wrong?
Original post by yeetew
What did people write for the fill in the gaps question

organic compounds, ........, carbon, caloimetry
I put 88500 for the cow one and now I’m really thinking I copied it off my calculator wrong. Did anyone else get 88500?
Original post by Cam2468
Sample size is small
Random fusion of gametes?

It said in the question that it was a LARGE sample size
Original post by AJTEM7
I put 88500 for the cow one and now I’m really thinking I copied it off my calculator wrong. Did anyone else get 88500?

Yeah
Original post by AJTEM7

yess dw something with 8s and 5s and some 0s
meee

Original post by AJTEM7
Original post by webegg
yess dw something with 8s and 5s and some 0s

Lavely
Original post by tansrr
You were meant to write about it in terms of how the drug stops methylation. I wrote increased methylation of tumour suppressor gene leads to uncontrollable cell division. The drug inhibits enzymes that cause methylation so decreased methylation of tumour suppressor gene. RNA polymerase and transcription factors can now bind to gene and translate it, leading to production of tumour suppressor gene to regulate cell cycle and stop uncontrollable mitosis

Do u think it matters what way round? I said get a drug that stimulates enzymes involved in increased acetylation of associated histones, so less tightly associated so tumors suppressor Genes can be reactivated and transcription can occur?
Omg I forgot to covert it from Millions hahaha do got like 0.00806 something like that lol
Original post by webegg
organic compounds, ........, carbon, caloimetry

For the one u left a gap for I put translocation
Original post by AJTEM7

I put that too
Original post by Ghpvjobpj
Do u think it matters what way round? I said get a drug that stimulates enzymes involved in increased acetylation of associated histones, so less tightly associated so tumors suppressor Genes can be reactivated and transcription can occur?

swear it’s decreased acetylation and increased methylation?
Reply 878
Original post by pandalovesyouu
Was it only me who got 0.0625 on the probability question? I think it’s cuz I messed up part 1 because I said parent 1s allele for blood is Ia Io

I got 1/4
i
Original post by pandalovesyouu

i said it was IA IO. why isn’t it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending