The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Biology Paper 2 7402/2 - 17 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student5cience
Could you put correlation doesn’t mean causation on the study mice thing

Original post by Epovia
There was separation due to river

if i wrote sympatric but the following marking points are plausible would i lose all the marks?
Original post by Zen02
Yessss this is what i did!

How can u have a correlation between 2 data points u need at least 3 so that won’t be a mark
Original post by Person 123
if i wrote sympatric but the following marking points are plausible would i lose all the marks?

I think you might just lose the 1 as normally allopatric is a key term so it’s worth a mark but the rest of it is the same
Original post by Epovia
How can u have a correlation between 2 data points u need at least 3 so that won’t be a mark

wait a sec i think i've confused this question for the question about fertilisers in relation to talking about correlation not sure tho
Original post by chachacha909
What did people put for the genetic screening of mutation on the last question?

I put some details of obtaining fragments and stuff abt incubation with probes with UV light thingies and then electrophoresis details I wrote too much lmao. then I said you can see which proves hybridised to the mutated alleles via UV light
Original post by Epovia
I think you might just lose the 1 as normally allopatric is a key term so it’s worth a mark but the rest of it is the same

Do you know if I would get a mark if I spelled allopatric wrong . I wrote allopratic...
Original post by JenishaAnilkumar
Do you know if I would get a mark if I spelled allopatric wrong . I wrote allopratic...

tbh i think the examiner would probably read it as allopatric.
Reply 967
Original post by Epovia

I cant find where the response to my comment is but three of the points where the same as mine, not all of em
Original post by Person 123
tbh i think the examiner would probably read it as allopatric.

Oh ok I hope so
Original post by Alpacalover1
Speciation wasn't on the advance info - then a massive 5 marker came up 🥲

They better give us full marks for that😑
Original post by Honeyy_
I put some details of obtaining fragments and stuff abt incubation with probes with UV light thingies and then electrophoresis details I wrote too much lmao. then I said you can see which proves hybridised to the mutated alleles via UV light

Was this for the use of saliva from dna question?
Oh ok I hope so

*misread it as allopatric, but the two look very similar unless you're looking at each individual letter
What were the degrees of freedom?
Original post by Emmahjgjg

2, as chi squared being the test?
Original post by Emmahjgjg

3 I think
Did anyone else panic and do DNA probes for the genetic screening of saliva DNA question?
3 I think

I thought it was 3 too since there were 4 categories 4-1:3
Original post by fridacatlo
Did anyone else panic and do DNA probes for the genetic screening of saliva DNA question?

Yes me :frown: was it only worth 4 marks?

Wasn't DNA probes what you were meant to write about, idk

It is dna probe isnt it?? I talked about dna probes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending