The Student Room Group

Police Vetting Process

Long story short I submitted my vetting application right after my day 2 assessment (fitness, roleplay, medical, dna, smt) was complete. It took a week or 2 for my vetting application to be sent from the internal team to the external team. Once the external team review my vetting application, i was told I’d be receiving a start date.

My vetting was sent to the external team on 14/06/22. A couple of days later I received a call from the person who’s processing my vetting application, and I was asked a few questions confirming some information on my application. I was told that the vetting process from this stage could take a few days, or a few weeks. Could my vetting application be near to the end of completing? Would I be expecting a start date soon?

I also wanted to ask if my age and experience could have made the vetting process shorter for me, I’m 19, and am currently working in a bar part time. I have nothing bad on my credit report and my financial situation is good with no problems that should rise during the vetting process.
My criminal record is clean, with nothing that should rise too.
My family background is also clean, so there’s nothing that should cause problems either.

I’m aiming to hopefully get a start date around September time, or earlier. Just need this vetting process done and over with.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi the vetting times vary but some people have said they take a few days sometimes a couple of weeks. If they have called you up to ask few more questions then looks like they are processing it so you should hear back in the next few weeks maybe sooner
Original post by Newdc1
Hi the vetting times vary but some people have said they take a few days sometimes a couple of weeks. If they have called you up to ask few more questions then looks like they are processing it so you should hear back in the next few weeks maybe sooner

Thanks, every other pre employment check has been completed and passed, just waiting on vetting tbh.
Reply 3
Original post by Student0786
Thanks, every other pre employment check has been completed and passed, just waiting on vetting tbh.

how do you check pre employment has completed and passed? I can’t see that in my portal!
Original post by MR1506
how do you check pre employment has completed and passed? I can’t see that in my portal!

Contact the recruitment line, and they will confirm whether it has been passed or not. Hasn’t your portal updated to congratulations- you’ve received a conditional offer. Pre employment checklist:

Etc..
Reply 5
Contact the recruitment line, and they will confirm whether it has been passed or not. Hasn’t your portal updated to congratulations- you’ve received a conditional offer. Pre employment checklist:

Etc..

I took day 2 last week, called them they said I passed n vetting with internal team now. But no my portal doesn’t says conditional offer yet. They said it ll change once goes for external vetting. Urz changed after day 2 or took 2 weeks?
Original post by MR1506
I took day 2 last week, called them they said I passed n vetting with internal team now. But no my portal doesn’t says conditional offer yet. They said it ll change once goes for external vetting. Urz changed after day 2 or took 2 weeks?

For me, they had updated it straight to “thank you for attending your day 2 assessment after completing my day 2 successfully, they then took about a week-2 to update the portal to “congratulations - you’ve received a conditional offer, pre employment checks: medical, etc..”

if they have said you passed day 2, then you have nothing to stress over.

Internal vetting has no time frame. It depends on when the external vetting team finish with their batch of vetting they received from the previous groups.

after it goes to the external vetting team, your portal should update again, and once the external vetting team complete your application, on that day you should receive a call from them with a start date to chose.

External vetting teams could take 2-12 weeks depending on whether the vetting officer is assigned to your case first / last.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 7
For me, they had updated it straight to “thank you for attending your day 2 assessment after completing my day 2 successfully, they then took about a week-2 to update the portal to “congratulations - you’ve received a conditional offer, pre employment checks: medical, etc..”

Internal vetting has no time frame. It depends on when the external vetting team finish with their batch of vetting they received from the previous groups.

after it goes to the external vetting team, your portal should update again, and once the external vetting team complete your application, on that day you should receive a call from them with a start date to chose.

External vetting teams could take 2-12 weeks depending on whether the vetting officer is assigned to your case first / last.

Thank you, it’s helpful
Reply 8

What is task force email means? I can see on my portal with conditional offer.
Original post by MR1506
What is task force email means? I can see on my portal with conditional offer.

Unsure tbh, did you apply for DC or PC pathway
Reply 10
Unsure tbh, did you apply for DC or PC pathway

Got it, once you click it send you email whatever on portal. I applied for pc role.
I’m currently just waiting on my vetting but never heard of the portal lol? What portal are you checking?
Reply 12
Original post by MAB0369
I’m currently just waiting on my vetting but never heard of the portal lol? What portal are you checking?

Portal where you check status of ur application. The place you filled ur application. When you logged, it’s tell about application update.
Is this the place where it sent your assessment centre results? Because that’s the only update I have on mine on that one?
I’ve logged into where I filled my application in, it just says completed?
Original post by MAB0369

I applied to the Met Careers PCDA pathway. The portal was where we filled out information and actually made the application to join the met.

Once I received my online assessment results, it had asked me to complete my vetting via the portal on the application page / book in for my day 2 assessment which I had completed weeks ago.

Now that portal just shows me a detailed paragraph about what stage my application is currently at, and also shows a conditional offer that I had received which is subject to passing all pre employment checks (fitness, medical, dna, smt, and finally vetting). I passed everything atm and just waiting for my vetting to come back.

What force did you apply with when you made your application?

When did you submit your vetting form? I submitted mines on the 2nd of June or around that time, and was informed that it reached the external team on the 13th of June. Currently awaiting results
(edited 1 year ago)
Thanks for the help, turns out it’s not available for West Mids police. all tracking is requested through the recruitment team
Reply 17
Original post by MAB0369
Thanks for the help, turns out it’s not available for West Mids police. all tracking is requested through the recruitment team

Right, now I understand why you can’t see portal. I was talking about Met police.
Reply 18
Original post by Newdc1

My vetting gone to external team, someone called me yesterday to update. Now waiting to hear from external team which may take few weeks.
Long story short I submitted my vetting application right after my day 2 assessment (fitness, roleplay, medical, dna, smt) was complete. It took a week or 2 for my vetting application to be sent from the internal team to the external team. Once the external team review my vetting application, i was told I’d be receiving a start date.

My vetting was sent to the external team on 14/06/22. A couple of days later I received a call from the person who’s processing my vetting application, and I was asked a few questions confirming some information on my application. I was told that the vetting process from this stage could take a few days, or a few weeks. Could my vetting application be near to the end of completing? Would I be expecting a start date soon?

I also wanted to ask if my age and experience could have made the vetting process shorter for me, I’m 19, and am currently working in a bar part time. I have nothing bad on my credit report and my financial situation is good with no problems that should rise during the vetting process.
My criminal record is clean, with nothing that should rise too.
My family background is also clean, so there’s nothing that should cause problems either.

I’m aiming to hopefully get a start date around September time, or earlier. Just need this vetting process done and over with.

Hi. I was wondering if your vetting has been completed yet? I filled out my forms a week ago today and wondering roughly how long it will take? And did they phone you to ask more info? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending