The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship doubts

Hi all so basically what's happening is that I have received an apprenticeship offer I signed the contract sent it back and they asked for references of the last 3 years which I gave. Now they haven't contacted me back after I sent them over so I'm worried that they might not have seen my email or that my references weren't good so I'm looking for advice on here.
Reply 1
Original post by Neurosy
Hi all so basically what's happening is that I have received an apprenticeship offer I signed the contract sent it back and they asked for references of the last 3 years which I gave. Now they haven't contacted me back after I sent them over so I'm worried that they might not have seen my email or that my references weren't good so I'm looking for advice on here.

Hi there. Congratulations on securing an apprenticeship position. How long ago did you send them the contract? It would probably be worth giving them a call just to confirm that they received the contract and reference information. It will take them a while to go out to get the references and they won't be able to confirm your contract until they are received, so don't worry. It would have been nice for them to let you know that they had received the information from you though. Good luck with your apprenticeship.
Reply 2
Original post by JohnB1
Hi there. Congratulations on securing an apprenticeship position. How long ago did you send them the contract? It would probably be worth giving them a call just to confirm that they received the contract and reference information. It will take them a while to go out to get the references and they won't be able to confirm your contract until they are received, so don't worry. It would have been nice for them to let you know that they had received the information from you though. Good luck with your apprenticeship.

I sent the contract off a week ago and they confirmed they recieved the signed contract and that it's all good it's just that after I sent the references off they didn't let me know if they got it or not. I know a week isn't a long time but I'm worried about loosing my offer over it all since I really want to work at this company. Also thanks for the congratulations!!
Original post by Neurosy
I sent the contract off a week ago and they confirmed they recieved the signed contract and that it's all good it's just that after I sent the references off they didn't let me know if they got it or not. I know a week isn't a long time but I'm worried about loosing my offer over it all since I really want to work at this company. Also thanks for the congratulations!!

Well done for securing your apprenticeship. I'm also starting an apprenticeship for the NHS as a Receptionist/Telephonist. Starting in 2 weeks so wish me luck. :smile:
Just drop them an email asking to confirm they’ve received, and to let you know If they need anything else, no biggie.
It’s only a human on the other side, sure they’ll be super friendly :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Neurosy

I'm sure that they will chase you if they need anything else, but no hard to give them a call to confirm. It sounds like everything is progressing OK and that you should receive a start date soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending