The Student Room Group

Degree apprenticeship eligibility

I'm a sixth former who currently has no interest with going to university and I want to get a degree apprenticeship for software development. Looking through websites I've seen that one condition is having lived in the UK for the last three years from the start date of the programme. This isn't the case for me because I was living in another non-EU country and would only be in the country for two years before the start date. Even though I was born in the UK and I'm a UK passport holder, does this make me ineligible to apply?
Reply 1
Original post by yvngflight_
I'm a sixth former who currently has no interest with going to university and I want to get a degree apprenticeship for software development. Looking through websites I've seen that one condition is having lived in the UK for the last three years from the start date of the programme. This isn't the case for me because I was living in another non-EU country and would only be in the country for two years before the start date. Even though I was born in the UK and I'm a UK passport holder, does this make me ineligible to apply?

It's worth checking with each individual company, I think it's a funding issue, so worth looking here (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/apprenticeship-funding-rules-for-employers/annex-a-eligibility-criteria-who-we-fund). I think you probably would've been fine if you were in an EEA country for those 3 years (as I know someone on a DA that lived in Portugal up until a few weeks ago). Really doubt that you're eligible for the governmental funding (therefore most DAs), but happy to be proven wrong here 🤞

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending