The Student Room Group

How will you open your results?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Official'Maryan
How come you get to read them online? is this just your school?:rolleyes:

Yes, I know it's not normal for most other schools. For my GCSE's I just collected them by hand but this was in a different location.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Changing Skies
A2.

In my dreams AAB+

Probably ACC if I'm lucky :lol:

Hoping to get history and biology on edexcel results plus, I'll have to go in for literature. Just going to open the envelope straight away :redface:

I doubt I'll be celebrating :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stop being so down bbz:console:

I'm sure you did well!
Original post by LostGear
Stop being so down bbz:console:

I'm sure you did well!

Sorry :colondollar:

Well thank you but I can assure you that's not the case :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Room Student
AS or A2 results?

What are you hoping for?

What are you expecting?

How will you open them?

How will you celebrate / react?

A2
D* in business and maybe a B in psychology as well as sociology
D* in business B in sociology and C in psychology
Erm with my hands? Hahaha
Idk..depends what I get. If I get below,then I'll be pretty gutted but if I get the grades I need I'll be happy
Reply 184
AS or A2 results? A2 results

What are you hoping for? ABB

What are you expecting? ABB

How will you open them? erm.. slide it out of the envelope (the school already has it open)

How will you celebrate / react? I'll be in tears like last year and shout praise to the Lord God almighty. :biggrin:
AS:
Hoping for AAAA, not sure what to expect though since hopefully due to the insanely hard core 2 maths there will be lower grade boundaries!
I'm going to check them online because my college puts all results on there. There'll probably be crying either way to be honest haha.
A2

AAA/AAB

ABC

On my own.... away from everyone else

React by accepting what I have and trying to work with it.... that or to start consuming a socially unacceptable amount of alcohol for a Wednesday morning
Original post by The Room Student
Wow, nice: which 4 did you carry on? I'm thinking of dropping 2 next year.

Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths
Reply 188
I suggest students don't get too carried away with AS results, as A2 will be harder. There are so many students getting AAA at A level now that this won't be enough to get into the elite universities by itself for competitive courses.
Reply 189
AS

Hoping for: AAABB-AABBB (+A in general studies)

Expecting: AAABC-ABBBD

I'll open them quickly and scan down the page, I'll be alone but usually just do it next to the queue, once I've got them in my hand I can't wait!

If I get enough to be predicted A*AA for A2 I'll be smiling, but I think doing a big celebration would be unfair when some others won't have done as well as they'd hoped (I've been in the 'not done as well as hoped' position before and it wasn't nice) . If I'm disappointed, I'll probably discuss subject choices with teachers, but unless I get all D/Es I think I'll be relatively happy, but I would like at least one A!
Do we need to do anything at school once we've got our results? Because I want to take them then find a quiet area, open them then either run outside to my Mum and cry or walk and celebrate.

The school sent a letter saying we should bring our UCAS stuff, but do I REALLY need to do that at school?
Original post by Paparazzo
Do we need to do anything at school once we've got our results? Because I want to take them then find a quiet area, open them then either run outside to my Mum and cry or walk and celebrate.

The school sent a letter saying we should bring our UCAS stuff, but do I REALLY need to do that at school?

No but ucas coordinator at your school may be able to guide you if you have to go into clearing
What are you hoping for? BBB

What are you expecting? BBC-BCC
How will you open them? Will check track first then if its all good i will stroll in to college later than most people to collect the results. If its bad i will be on clearing straight away lol and rush to college to see the damage.

How will you celebrate / react? Good: Will be smiling my ass off Bad: i will leave in a hurt and depressed mood and sort out clearing.
Original post by FlyHigh_er
You hated F325? I thought it was nicer than the past papers, a bit too nice. What did you think of F324? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, F325 was full to the brim with calculations, some of which I had no idea how to start :tongue: Plus, I barely finished it in time, it just wasn't great! And actually thought Unit 4 wasn't too bad, a bit odd in some Qs, but overall it went okay. What did you think?
Hoping for AAA
Expecting Hahahahahaha
Couldn't care less though. Firm changed offer to unconditional so revision ceased. Reallistically expecting AAB-ABB though...
Original post by Mansun
I suggest students don't get too carried away with AS results, as A2 will be harder. There are so many students getting AAA at A level now that this won't be enough to get into the elite universities by itself for competitive courses.

Dont be a killjoy I had AABC last year and got an offer from UCL for Economics.
Write a kickass PS, get good references and good predictions.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by walkers38
What I need: AAB
What I'm expecting: same AAB

Take the bus to school. The journey will feel really long. I'll try not to look at my phone or TSR or anything. Then when I finally reach school, take heavy steps to the library. There a teacher will hand me out an envelope. My whole body will be shaking at this point. When I start to tear the envelope, my stomach will be going all queasy. Take the paper out ever so slowly. Look at each grade one by one.

My reaction will go either way. I could be shaking with happiness. Or I'll be in a minute of silence, if I don't get my grades. Hopefully it will be a shriek due to happiness. Then I'll look around my friends and adjust my feeelings accordingly.

Then I'll take the same bus back home. This time hopefully it won't take too long.

What that days holds for me, it's yet to be decided...

This is brilliant, but also quite unnerving: probably my favourite post made on here so far... I really hope you get those 3 grades.
A2

Hoping for A*A*A*A* and S,1,1 in STEP I, II and III respectively. Although I will be pleased with anything above A*A*A in my A level results.

Expecting A*A*A*A and 1,1,2 in STEP.

I'll be on my computer waiting for midnight to arrive as this is when the STEP results are released. This will be the determinant of whether or not I get in to Cambridge so I'll be extremely nervous! Then I'll either be up all night worrying if I miss my offer or I'll be up all night due to excitement if I achieve my offer. Either way I'll be back to the computer at 6 refreshing the UCAS page until I find out if I've been accepted. It could then feel like a rather pointless journey to school if I've been declined, or I'll be running to school if my place is still undecided.

Will be overjoyed at midnight if I achieve grade 1s in STEP 2 and STEP 3. Opening the actual A level results is unlikely to be as emotionally fuelled as I'll pretty much know my fate by then. I say this but my hands will probably be shaking too much to be able to open the envelope haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
A2

Hoping for A*AB

Expecting A*AB.

Could go worse and i end up getting ABC. I'd be absolutely crushed. I'm just going to wake up early as possible, and if I see that unconditional on track, I might jump and celebrate like Gareth Bale scoring the champions league final winner. Then I might end up splashing copious amounts of money to prolong the goodwill i.e. my MacBook Air
Reply 199
AS

Hoping for: Aaa (two AS levels, one A level)

Expecting:
Aab ~ Bbc

I will open them:
Incredibly open-mindedly, baring in mind that regardless of what I get I've got a plan for it, so it's nothing I'm afraid of, I've never revised so much so if I don't do brilliantly then that's okay.

I will react:
I'll never cry at a collection of single letters on a page, I'm afraid, but I'd probably feel like crying if i were to get aaA or even aaA*, but I've decided that that's not going to happen so if it does I'll just collapse and lay on the floor for about 20 minutes.

Quick Reply

Latest