The Student Room Group

Having lots of "culture minority" MPs is NOT good

Scroll to see replies

Original post by billydisco
If every couple has four kids, that doubles their population

3 million now, (double 1=>:wink: 6 million (double 2=>:wink: 12 million (double 3 =>:wink: 24 million

(not quite half, but my point remains)

We have reached peak fertility rate of two. The only continent now that will continue to see growth in population is Africa, where fertility rate will remain at five. Europe will decrease to one and a half. Your concerns are irrelevant.

Original post by Law-Hopeful
When was the last time you read a book? :smile:

I have my physics textbook in front of me rn.
Original post by ILovePancakes
The fact that there is a positive net impact suggests that the majority of immigrants contribute positively.

Maths wasn't your strong point I take it?

+500, -10, -10, -10, -10

80% of the immigrants in the above scenario are net-leechers....
Original post by HygieneTherapy15
Lib dem have had their day. They're going to fade into nothing :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We most certainly have NOT had our day - we will recuperate stronger, more united and ready to fight all the lost seats back! It will take time, but now being the opposition is going to work in our favour :smile: As Cleggy said, history will treat us kindly. One day our real reward, and people had better be ready :biggrin:

But in the democratic society we live in, I respect your views. If i may, who did you vote for in the end? (Dont say Tories aha)

don't make me quote your real answer in front of everyone like this :colonhash:
Maths wasn't your strong point I take it?

+500, -10, -10, -10, -10

80% of the immigrants in the above scenario are net-leechers....

In a debate, it is poor to insult people personally. You retort the argument, not the person. FYI I'm not poor at maths so go do one :smile:.

Where did you get these numbers from? Idk what you're talking about.
don't make me quote your real answer in front of everyone like this :colonhash:

Do you want me to cut you? I will.
We have reached peak fertility rate of two. The only continent now that will continue to see growth in population is Africa, where fertility rate will remain at five. Europe will decrease to one and a half. Your concerns are irrelevant.

In Qatar (or is it Oman/the UAE - it's a gulf state any way?), and Lebanon their fertility rates are lower than the UK

Within Africa, fertility rates are coming down too.
x

*reports to mods for threat of violence* :ashamed2:
(edited 8 years ago)

I was just about to say that. His posts are irrelevant.
Group of 100 people. One contributes £1m, the rest cost us £100.

Net figure is positive, but 99% of them are stealing from this country.

Get my point?

Can you prove this?

Hypothetical don't are useless and i'm pretty sure UCL are competent enough to publish such "situations" if they saw them, unless you claim they are left wing to...

Again you ignored half my post:

"Recent immigrants were 45% less likely to receive state benefits or tax credits than people native to the UK and 3% less likely to live in social housing"

This show's they are more likely to benefit the UK than our own native citizen's, due to being 45% less likely to be dependent on the state and 3% less likely to take up social housing.
I think the two rascals have given up now, they see that their point on the topic above is completely false.
Original post by The_Internet
In Qatar (or is it Oman/the UAE - it's a gulf state any way?), and Lebanon their fertility rates are lower than the UK

Within Africa, fertility rates are coming down too.

I watched a really interesting documentary by Hans Rosling, which outlined how world demographics will shift in the next century. If you're interested, it's called Don't Panic: The truth about population. As LEDCs move into the fourth and fifth stages of the demographic transition model and people realise that less children means they have a higher disposable income, fertility rate will decline. In Africa though, as long as Christianity dominates and this culture of many children signalling 'manliness' persists, it will happen more slowly. However, as Malthus predicted, there will be famine and war etc and this will stifle growth.

Spoiler

*reports to mods for threat of violence* :ashamed2:

You brought this on yourself smh.

Original post by MrMackyTv
I was just about to say that. His posts are irrelevant.

The sad thing is he tries to make them relevant :teehee:. We should admire his persistence.
I watched a really interesting documentary by Hans Rosling, which outlined how world demographics will shift in the next century. If you're interested, it's called Don't Panic: The truth about population. As LEDCs move into the fourth and fifth stages of the demographic transition model and people realise that less children means they have a higher disposable income, fertility rate will decline. In Africa though, as long as Christianity dominates and this culture of many children signalling 'manliness' persists, it will happen more slowly. However, as Malthus predicted, there will be famine and war etc and this will stifle growth.

Spoiler

You brought this on yourself smh.

The sad thing is he tries to make them relevant :teehee:. We should admire his persistence.

Ahuh, I've linked that SO MANY times on TSR! Hans Rosling is amazing. The one I watched was "Hans Rosling: Good news of the decade"
I've reported him tbh, and I've let a LOT slide. Could have reported a lot further back tbh!

Reported me for saying Maths isn't somebody's strong point?
Reported me for saying Maths isn't somebody's strong point?

Not that...
In a debate, it is poor to insult people personally. You retort the argument, not the person. FYI I'm not poor at maths so go do one :smile:.

Where did you get these numbers from? Idk what you're talking about.

Oh my god......

You just made the claim the fact a net figure is positive, implies the majority of the people comprising that figure are net contributers, which is total BS! I just proved it with a very simple example. Five people and their contributions:

+500, -10, -10, -10, -10

Net contribution is +460, yet 80% of the group don't contribute!

So yes, I don't think your maths is very good! You also imply things which are total nonsense.

EVERY single immigrant should be a net contributer. Why on earth should we admit immigrants who don't contribute???
(edited 8 years ago)
Not that...

?????

Apart from calling someone an idiot (think it was once), I have not said anything wrong.
?????

Apart from calling someone an idiot (think it was once), I have not said anything wrong.

If you say so.
?????

Yes you have. You claimed in one post that you hate Muslims because of whats going on around the world. Again, you still haven't answered my simple yes or no question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending