The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

University Village for me :biggrin:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 181
I'm in victory house, gotta ask though, you know to accept the offer you had to email the acceptaccom address thingy, did you get any response (automatic obv.)? Coz I didn't and I just wanna know if thats cool as I'm off to Leeds festival tomorrow and obviously I don't want the offer to expire before I get back as I messed something up.
Reply 182
I am moving in to village on 19th! First choice, so happy :smile:
I just accepted the offer.
bfbf
Have applied to the village then campus en suite.

Has anyone got any pictures (or know where there are some) - just wondering how much stuff I should bring :P

http://www.uea.ac.uk/accommodation/student+residences/villageensuite
http://www.uea.ac.uk/accommodation/student+residences/campusensuite
=]
Also check out the leaflet that they should have sent you (accom guide 09) and the uea freshers 09 facebook.
sc8880
Have you chosen a shared accommodation then?

No I haven't lol, I just looked in to them all because I knew I might not get first choice and wanted to have pros for them all (Y)
coolh5000
Anyone else in the Village yet? I'm quite pleased to be ensuite but reading some of the posts on here about it I'm a little worried. I hope it's ok...

I was worried that I had made the wrong choice by picking village but then I read this post which reassured me alot
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=19031154&postcount=48
Reply 183
how to accept the offer? Send them an email?
or there are confirmation on their web site

ps. I';ve got the accommodation email
Reply 184
rosieee91
Oh my lordy..a boy that likes singstar?! :coma:

:p:

Likes too weak. The big L word is more suitable. So if you ever fancy being my kiki dee, im always up for a bit of elton.

So what accommodation you got then? I'm still in limbo despite the fact I took a gap year so should have heard ages ago, phoned them up a couple of weeks ago and they said I'll have to wait till the results day as 'something went wrong with the system'..but still havent heard! Im blatently gonna be unpacking my belongings in either the absolute ripper £150 a week *flat screen tv* room, or in a twin in the city centre. Love it.
aidanftw
Likes too weak. The big L word is more suitable. So if you ever fancy being my kiki dee, im always up for a bit of elton.

So what accommodation you got then? I'm still in limbo despite the fact I took a gap year so should have heard ages ago, phoned them up a couple of weeks ago and they said I'll have to wait till the results day as 'something went wrong with the system'..but still havent heard! Im blatently gonna be unpacking my belongings in either the absolute ripper £150 a week *flat screen tv* room, or in a twin in the city centre. Love it.

Well that's my singstar packed and ready to take to uni! If you do get a twin room your housemate is gonna hate us :lol:

I got Britten house...campus ensuite. That's so strange you haven't heard..I'd just give them a ring and ask what's going on or when you're likely to know! What was your first choice?
Reply 186
rosieee91
Well that's my singstar packed and ready to take to uni! If you do get a twin room your housemate is gonna hate us :lol:

I got Britten house...campus ensuite. That's so strange you haven't heard..I'd just give them a ring and ask what's going on or when you're likely to know! What was your first choice?

1st choice was norfolk/suffolk single, gonna phone later if I don't hear anything by 1. Campus ensuite...thats about £90 a week isnt it? Out my price range unfortunately! Although I wouldnt mind being in an ensuite in the uni village...sharing with 14 people (potentially many of them ladies) with 2 bathrooms could mean a lot of late lectures all round! You excited?! I was well up for it about a month ago but am rapidly getting more and more nervous! (especially now im faced with the prospect of a dreaded twin room!)
aidanftw
1st choice was norfolk/suffolk single, gonna phone later if I don't hear anything by 1. Campus ensuite...thats about £90 a week isnt it? Out my price range unfortunately! Although I wouldnt mind being in an ensuite in the uni village...sharing with 14 people (potentially many of them ladies) with 2 bathrooms could mean a lot of late lectures all round! You excited?! I was well up for it about a month ago but am rapidly getting more and more nervous! (especially now im faced with the prospect of a dreaded twin room!)

£95 actually...I know...ouch! But it's only for a year so I'm gonna make the most of it before we have to go into nasty student houses... ensuite :coma:

A twin room would suck but you could always just accept it and then ask to move somewhere else once we get there.

I am maaaaahusively excited! But so nervous at the same time. You must not be able to wait to get there! 2 years at sixth form was a big enough wait for me, without having to do the gap year thing as well!
I got my first choice in University Village, en-suite room for £85 a week, thank you very much!

Anyone else in University Village?
Reply 189
rosieee91
£95 actually...I know...ouch! But it's only for a year so I'm gonna make the most of it before we have to go into nasty student houses... ensuite :coma:

A twin room would suck but you could always just accept it and then ask to move somewhere else once we get there.

I am maaaaahusively excited! But so nervous at the same time. You must not be able to wait to get there! 2 years at sixth form was a big enough wait for me, without having to do the gap year thing as well!

Well my gap year was incredible, did a fair chunk of travelling, so I am gonna miss it and my remaining friends AND my precious football club...cambridge united always <3 But yeah I'm looking forward to the independence and non stop partying. I always go to norwich at new year and stuff as cambridge has got literally 1 proper club, so im looking forward to mercy being my new regular hotspot! Gonna throw myself into literally every sports club going, hopefully have a decent bunch of pals within a few of weeks...i deserve some luck after my accommodation 'ordeal'!

But good luck with everything, hope you settle in well and maybe see you around!
Reply 190
kpwxx

Wicked thankyou! :biggrin:
Still no word :frown:
I just got a reply from them acknowledging their "error" in assigning me to an arrival date of the 16th.
Am now set to move in on Sept 20th with all the other Norfolk Terrace folks! :biggrin:
aidanftw
Well my gap year was incredible, did a fair chunk of travelling, so I am gonna miss it and my remaining friends AND my precious football club...cambridge united always <3 But yeah I'm looking forward to the independence and non stop partying. I always go to norwich at new year and stuff as cambridge has got literally 1 proper club, so im looking forward to mercy being my new regular hotspot! Gonna throw myself into literally every sports club going, hopefully have a decent bunch of pals within a few of weeks...i deserve some luck after my accommodation 'ordeal'!

But good luck with everything, hope you settle in well and maybe see you around!

Sounds like you're a man with a plan!

Thank you! You too. Good luck with your accommodation! Hope you get the one you want :smile:
Reply 194
starlight99
wooop just been allocated Nelson court? :smile: anyone else been the same?

Me! xxx
Reply 195
I only got to apply this Monday (clearing) but I haven't heard any response by now, is it any cause for concern?
Reply 196
veggie4life
haha i havent heard from them either - but don't worry i dont snore :smile:

Lol glad to hear it! I STILL havent heard anything :s-smilie: !! Have you?!
Reply 197
Calian
I only got to apply this Monday (clearing) but I haven't heard any response by now, is it any cause for concern?

I havent either, and I changed UEA as my firm choice on results morning....I'm worried.
Reply 198
sc8880
I havent either, and I changed UEA as my firm choice on results morning....I'm worried.

I wouldn't worry TOO much, I already had my results when applying and I only got my accom offer a couple of days ago - :-) xxx
Reply 199
aidanftw
LOL hey soph...surprise surprise i dont know mine either! I'll probs be the one sharing that room with you...our combined console collection will be immense. Singstar all night 100%

aidannnnn!!!!! haha bring it on roomie, bring it on. I've stacked them all up ready to go, they come up to my waist...we'll start with high school musical and work our way down :biggrin:

I'm getting really worried though :frown: I dunno whether to phone or not, or just wait? What did they say to you? xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending