The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Accommodation in UEA

What’s the best accommodation in UEA? Ideally not having to share a bed or bathroom (beyond maybe sharing the bathroom with one or two roommates sorta deal).

Any specific place got good bang for your buck? (ie: good facilities for the money you pay)

If it helps, I have an offer for Paramedic Science, so where would be the most convenient to stay for that?

Any advice at all helps :smile:
I'm a third-year at UEA and stayed on campus for my first year. The best quality accom is Barton, Hickling and Crome (three separate buildings but all to the same specification) however it is the most expensive (not sure on costs anymore as they change every year but check the UEA website) - the facilities are much nicer than anywhere else on campus primarily because it's the newest, the kitchens are without a doubt the best of the lot.

The next best I can recommend comes under "En Suite Campus" which is basically several accomodation buildings and what I stayed in (one called Colmon House, but whatever building you get doesn't really matter it's all the same inside). The price of accom nowadays is ridiculous but that goes for most uni's so I don't even know what is bang for your buck these days but I had no complaints about anything in en suite campus, the kitchens are dated and if you do want a good one then it has to be Barton, Hickling and Crome. But rooms are decent size and all the buildings are pretty central on campus. The Village also offers single room with en suites but it is outside of the campus (although it is literally a 5 min walk).

If you're very social and like a flat party, then it has to be the Ziggurats. You kind of have to put the social benefit in front of actual living though cus they're listed buildings to there's only so much they're allowed to modernise plus it's all shared rooms/bathrooms.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by L.D.L.B
I'm a third-year at UEA and stayed on campus for my first year. The best quality accom is Barton, Hickling and Crome (three separate buildings but all to the same specification) however it is the most expensive (not sure on costs anymore as they change every year but check the UEA website) - the facilities are much nicer than anywhere else on campus primarily because it's the newest, the kitchens are without a doubt the best of the lot.

The next best I can recommend comes under "En Suite Campus" which is basically several accomodation buildings and what I stayed in (one called Colmon House, but whatever building you get doesn't really matter it's all the same inside). The price of accom nowadays is ridiculous but that goes for most uni's so I don't even know what is bang for your buck these days but I had no complaints about anything in en suite campus, the kitchens are dated and if you do want a good one then it has to be Barton, Hickling and Crome. But rooms are decent size and all the buildings are pretty central on campus. The Village also offers single room with en suites but it is outside of the campus (although it is literally a 5 min walk).

If you're very social and like a flat party, then it has to be the Ziggurats. You kind of have to put the social benefit in front of actual living though cus they're listed buildings to there's only so much they're allowed to modernise plus it's all shared rooms/bathrooms.

Thank you! Very informative :smile:
Original post by heinzbeans7
What’s the best accommodation in UEA? Ideally not having to share a bed or bathroom (beyond maybe sharing the bathroom with one or two roommates sorta deal).

Any specific place got good bang for your buck? (ie: good facilities for the money you pay)

If it helps, I have an offer for Paramedic Science, so where would be the most convenient to stay for that?

Any advice at all helps :smile:

Hey @heinzbeans7 :smile:

Personally I don’t think there's only one 'best' accommodation here at UEA as it depends on the person (if you ask anyone on campus they will just say the one they lived in!) and what you're looking for. I completely get not wanting to share a bedroom or bathroom! Luckily, the majority of our accommodation is en-suite and they all have very similar facilities ie. a common space for everyone, kitchen with storage and fridge space, cleaner who cleans your bathroom and kitchen. Also, all the accommodation is on campus, or a 10 minute walk away from the main buildings (Village accommodation) so there's no specific one that is better for a specific course which is great because it gives you more flexibility!

I'd completely agree with, and would take on board, the advice from @L.D.L.B as they mention many useful things that should be taken into consideration! To add onto that, I think it's important to remember that you're only going to be living there for an academic year so if there are details that aren't exactly what you wanted, I personally wouldn’t worry too much as you can still make it your home away from home! Also, our accommodation team are great if you ever need any support or advice when wanting to change flats/ your living situation as well as our residential life team who are there to help you if you ever need it!

I'd recommend taking a look at the 360 tours on our website as they give detailed insight into each type of accommodation!

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions!
Isabella (MSc Brand Leadership) :smile:
Original post by UEA Rep Isabella
Hey @heinzbeans7 :smile:

Personally I don’t think there's only one 'best' accommodation here at UEA as it depends on the person (if you ask anyone on campus they will just say the one they lived in!) and what you're looking for. I completely get not wanting to share a bedroom or bathroom! Luckily, the majority of our accommodation is en-suite and they all have very similar facilities ie. a common space for everyone, kitchen with storage and fridge space, cleaner who cleans your bathroom and kitchen. Also, all the accommodation is on campus, or a 10 minute walk away from the main buildings (Village accommodation) so there's no specific one that is better for a specific course which is great because it gives you more flexibility!

I'd completely agree with, and would take on board, the advice from @L.D.L.B as they mention many useful things that should be taken into consideration! To add onto that, I think it's important to remember that you're only going to be living there for an academic year so if there are details that aren't exactly what you wanted, I personally wouldn’t worry too much as you can still make it your home away from home! Also, our accommodation team are great if you ever need any support or advice when wanting to change flats/ your living situation as well as our residential life team who are there to help you if you ever need it!

I'd recommend taking a look at the 360 tours on our website as they give detailed insight into each type of accommodation!

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions!
Isabella (MSc Brand Leadership) :smile:

Thank you very much, this was very helpful! :smile:
Original post by heinzbeans7
Thank you very much, this was very helpful! :smile:

Hey @heinzbeans7

No worries - always happy to help!! :smile:

Isabella (MSc Brand Leadership)
| deleted |
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending