The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I absolutely detest Willian as a player. It makes me genuinely upset to see a winger who such limited attacking abilities, who cant play a final ball, cant really dribble effectively, score or link up. He is a glorified £30m second wing back and by far Chelsea's weakest outfield starter. He suits Chelsea because they dont want to overcommit obviously so fair enough, but taken at any other top4 club he's be benched immediately for his fundamental inability to actually make anything happen offensively.

AOC is a 21 year old but obviously more talented. Lacks final product himself but nearly all youngsters do. But personally I'd like to see him gradually cement his place as first choice RW as he improves. Once he starts scoring goals I think he'll be fantastic. He can learn alot from Sanchez because I think he will end up as an aggressive high pressing player too. He'll never be a great passer though or be a great crosser of the ball however.

But lol at Jam who said AOC cant dribble. The guy has tekkers for sure.
(edited 8 years ago)
Dribbling is one of Ox's strengths, it's decision making and vision which he lacks which is perfectly normal for his age.

Hes only 21, fact he's even putting out performances vs Bayern, and creating the opening goal vs UTD are feats in their own
interesting too see Coq's been getting a lot of advice from Diaby.

everyone seems to look up to Arteta a lot too, so can see why the club would keep him around despite a questionable on the pitch ability.
A lot of players have said arteta does a lot behind the scenes bringing any problems up with management and things like that. Decent member of the squad so long as he doesn't play often
Original post by Zürich
I absolutely detest Willian as a player. It makes me genuinely upset to see a winger who such limited attacking abilities, who cant play a final ball, cant really dribble effectively, score or link up. He is a glorified £30m second wing back and by far Chelsea's weakest outfield starter. He suits Chelsea because they dont want to overcommit obviously so fair enough, but taken at any other top4 club he's be benched immediately for his fundamental inability to actually make anything happen offensively.

AOC is a 21 year old but obviously more talented. Lacks final product himself but nearly all youngsters do. But personally I'd like to see him gradually cement his place as first choice RW as he improves. Once he starts scoring goals I think he'll be fantastic. He can learn alot from Sanchez because I think he will end up as an aggressive high pressing player too. He'll never be a great passer though or be a great crosser of the ball however.

But lol at Jam who said AOC cant dribble. The guy has tekkers for sure.

I didn't say AOC can't dribble? I just said that he's guilty of holding the ball for too long and his final product is quite poor. Heck same goes for that Everton midfielder who has the same problems as AOC.

jam277
"He's another one of those English type players with bundles of technique and little effectiveness to show for it."

Which you're by in large agreeing with me about. How AOC has great technique but lacks final product.
I just said Willian is better than AOC currently but it's clear who will be the better player eventually. I dislike Willian a lot too but he has his uses in a Mourinho team.

Original post by AR_95
Dribbling is one of Ox's strengths, it's decision making and vision which he lacks which is perfectly normal for his age.Hes only 21, fact he's even putting out performances vs Bayern, and creating the opening goal vs UTD are feats in their own
Which is exactly what I was saying, how Ox has a lot of technique but lacks effectiveness(mental capacity) to really utilise his technique. Mental capacity comes with more gametime, especially at the age of 21.He's still not as good as Willian however he has way more scope. I'm pretty sure everybody feels the same way too about the potential of AOC.

Way I see it is we have had better wingers/AMs than AOC(Schurrle, De Bruyne, Mata) yet they've been shown the door because Jose prefers Willian.

I don't think that deal will ever happen though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jam277
I didn't say AOC can't dribble? I just said that he's guilty of holding the ball for too long and his final product is quite poor. Heck same goes for that Everton midfielder who has the same problems as AOC.

Which you're by in large agreeing with me about. How AOC has great technique but lacks final product.
I just said Willian is better than AOC currently but it's clear who will be the better player eventually. I dislike Willian a lot too but he has his uses in a Mourinho team.

Which is exactly what I was saying, how Ox has a lot of technique but lacks effectiveness(mental capacity) to really utilise his technique. Mental capacity comes with more gametime, especially at the age of 21.He's still not as good as Willian however he has way more scope. I'm pretty sure everybody feels the same way too about the potential of AOC.

Way I see it is we have had better wingers/AMs than AOC(Schurrle, De Bruyne, Mata) yet they've been shown the door because Jose prefers Willian.

I don't think that deal will ever happen though.

Wasn't really disagreeing or agreeing I was just commenting on the topic that arose :tongue:
Original post by shawn_o1
I bet Zurich trolls the Chelsea thread like shed does to this one

You love it really you dirty slut x
Original post by The Shed End
You love it really you dirty slut x

It's not even midnight and Sheddy is already on the pull.
Cech seems like a cool guy, probably the only likeable Chelsea player from over the years along with Drogba. If Chelsea want a swap they should take Flamini as his personality is much more down their alley than Petr's

Reckon he'll love it at Arsenal. Can picture him having long involved cultural discussions with Arsene Wenger over coffee already :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Cech seems like a cool guy, probably the only likeable Chelsea player from over the years along with Drogba. If Chelsea want a swap they should take Flamini as his personality is much more down their alley than Petr's

Reckon he'll love it at Arsenal. Can picture him having long involved cultural discussions with Arsene Wenger over coffee already :smile:

It's not going to happen.
Christ it appears Zurich agrees with me in AOC and Willian, I must take it back lads, Willian is by far superior to AOC in every way :wink:
Original post by leinad2012
Christ it appears Zurich agrees with me in AOC and Willian, I must take it back lads, Willian is by far superior to AOC in every way :wink:

Yet if Mourinho bought AOC it's clear who will be touching the bench when better wingers and attacking midfielders have been benched over Willian.

Mourinho would turn Chamberlain into a second right back anyway.
Original post by jam277
Yet if Mourinho bought AOC it's clear who will be touching the bench when better wingers and attacking midfielders have been benched over Willian.

Mourinho would turn Chamberlain into a second right back anyway.

Would rather Wenger told him where to sling his hook, Mou shouldn't be getting anywhere near any of our players, Cech simply isn't worth it imo
Original post by Zürich

Convenient that Arsenal fans like Cech all a sudden. Saw a melt on Twitter the other day say that he loved him and that he was already an Arsenal legend. Bants when we swap Cech for Rosicky. The longer this whole potential deal drags on, the longer he'll end up at Old Trafford or PSG.

Original post by leinad2012

When has Zurich ever spoken any sense?
Convenient that Arsenal fans like Cech all a sudden. Saw a melt on Twitter the other day say that he loved him and that he was already an Arsenal legend. Bants when we swap Cech for Rosicky. The longer this whole potential deal drags on, the longer he'll end up at Old Trafford or PSG.

Cech will become an Arsenal legend when he gets sent off after 18 minutes in a CL final and we go on to lose 2-1 in agonising circumstances with Szczesny in goal. Only then.

Thought he just loved it in London? No chance he's heading to Manchester at all, if he decides to leave London he'll go abroad surely.

All signs are pointing to Arsenal tbh
Original post by Zürich
Cech will become an Arsenal legend when he gets sent off after 18 minutes in a CL final and we go on to lose 2-1 in agonising circumstances with Szczesny in goal. Only then.

Thought he just loved it in London? No chance he's heading to Manchester at all, if he decides to leave London he'll go abroad surely.

All signs are pointing to Arsenal tbh

Think he'd rather stay in England, but it is well grim up North so personally I think it's the least likely, If I was him I'd be looking at PSG. Realistically, they are competitive in the Champions League, almost guaranteed no.1 keeper, a league title every season and none of the politics that you get somewhere like Madrid.

When has Zurich ever spoken any sense?

He never has which is why I've changed my mind on OC and Willian.

**** just realised that with all our German signing our German lads talked up Arsenal to them, Rosicky is our only Czech player and he isn't exactly raving about arsenal atm
Ospina being linked with a £3.95m move to Fenerbahce according to Turkish media.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
Ospina being linked with a £3.95m move to Fenerbahce according to Turkish media.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad, would rather keep Schez as back up since he has more scope
Ospina off too, happy days. Cant believe a £4m transfer fee for such an absolutely poverty GK

#WelcomePetr

Latest