The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

down 3 places to 15th for this week..

Would have rose 3 to 9th, if it were not for a panic-transfer at the end of last week costing me -4

Will WC this week though..

Happy I left it for a week, gives me better information now to reflect on (having seen all the players play) and I did not drop back behind that much..

Picked a provisional team, but the only question now is fabregas or not..
77 points. still got chester left n
85. Chuffed with that. Up to 20 on tsr and top of my other 2 leagues. Got a lot of spec for a big week next week as well. Think I may try n save my transfer but at the same time am a little concerned about krul. ADM skipper again next week I think.
Original post by fallen_acorns
down 3 places to 15th for this week..

Would have rose 3 to 9th, if it were not for a panic-transfer at the end of last week costing me -4

Will WC this week though..

Happy I left it for a week, gives me better information now to reflect on (having seen all the players play) and I did not drop back behind that much..

Picked a provisional team, but the only question now is fabregas or not..

Got to have him in surely? He's an assist machine.
Joint second in overall league :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SirMasterKey
Got to have him in surely? He's an assist machine.

I know, just not sure how to fit him in

My midfield at the moment:

Sanchez, Di Maria, stirling, sigurdson, chadli,

Dont want to drop sanchez.. as he is scoring well, and one of the few diferencials I have (most seem to have ramsey)

Di maria looks top class, want to keep him

Sig is the best value for his price,

Chadli could be dropped easily

Stirling could be dropped, but then I would have no liverpool coverage..

Best option is to take out sig + Chadli, and have Fabregas + 4.5

But those numbers dont quite add up and I would have to canibalise my defence to put him in.. (which I wont do, having finally got it working)

So its take out one of: ADM, sanchez, stirling..

Neither of which I am that keen to do..
Reply 2246
My captain selection always let's me down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qr95
My captain selection always let's me down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who was your captain this game week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My midfield at the moment:

Sanchez, Di Maria, stirling, sigurdson, chadli,

Dont want to drop sanchez.. as he is scoring well, and one of the few diferencials I have (most seem to have ramsey)

Di maria looks top class, want to keep him

Sig is the best value for his price,

Chadli could be dropped easily

Stirling could be dropped, but then I would have no liverpool coverage..

Best option is to take out sig + Chadli, and have Fabregas + 4.5

But those numbers dont quite add up and I would have to canibalise my defence to put him in.. (which I wont do, having finally got it working)

So its take out one of: ADM, sanchez, stirling..

Neither of which I am that keen to do..

Who do you have elsewhere?

Does sound a toughy, but I would still try and get Fab in there. Out of the players in your midfield it would be Chadli to go but don't know how you would do the upgrade.
Up to an overall ranking of 6k :awesome: Chuffed with that.

What is the rest of your team?

Original post by ArsenalWenger
Joint second in overall league :biggrin:

Joint with me :tongue: Edit: It appears there are 3 of us!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90

Haha this is as close as it gets. I seem to be making the right captain choices thus far so hopefully keep it up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought Costa was my captain but it's Rooney (forgot to swap lol) ahh well still scored above average point but Debuchy is out for a while and so is Jones.
Original post by sr90

at the moment: (in wildcard)

De Gea - Myhill
Chambers - Dier - Clyne - Williams - Wilson
Sterling - Di Maria - Sanchez - Sigurdsson - Chadli
Welbeck - Costa - Pelle

Would have to swap De Gea + some of the defense out to bring him in..

I could do:

Guzan - MyHill

Wilson - Chambers - Duff - Hutton - Clyne
Fab - Sterling - Di maria - Sanchez - Sigurdson
Same strikers

Cracking midfield, but a defense which looks very suspect to me..

Could then lower sigurdson down to a 4.5, and put more in defense, but then I have no midfield rotation which I dont like incase of injuries/fixtures etc.
Which one of Chester, Janmaat and Neil Taylor should i sell to bring Chambers in? All three seem to have pretty good short term fixtures.
(edited 9 years ago)
74 points is excellent for me when you consider the average is 49.
i know some people got higher but since i'm a newbie to this i'm content as long as i finish top half of my leagues.

defence really let me down though - only got 6 points in all from them
di maria, fabregas and costa captain definitely made up for it though.
Reply 2255
I got 70pts and Falcao was my captain. Was going to change it in the morning but overslept lol. But I'm not doing too well ranked 900k. Plus I should mention I have no Liverpool or City players from the start. I hate them. Also with 3 Manchester United players.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RedDevil014
Which one of Chester, Janmaat and Neil Taylor should i sell to bring Chambers in? All three seem to have pretty good short term fixtures.

Janmaat, newcastle a mess defensively at the moment.
Original post by RedDevil014

Janmaat, no brainer.

I'm gonna bring Chambers in as well. Arsenal don't have the best fixtures, but he's nailed on and at that price you can't say no.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90
Janmaat, no brainer.

I'm gonna bring Chambers in as well. Arsenal don't have the best fixtures, but he's nailed on and at that price you can't say no.

Yeah thought so but with all these stories of Pardew finally getting sacked have made me think twice about it.

Ideally, I'd have wanted Chambers in after GW7 but his price would surely rise a bit by then so it's better to just get him in now.
Original post by qr95
I got 70pts and Falcao was my captain. Was going to change it in the morning but overslept lol. But I'm not doing too well ranked 900k. Plus I should mention I have no Liverpool or City players from the start. I hate them. Also with 3 Manchester United players.

Posted from TSR Mobile

FF isn't about which players you like or hate, it's about which you think will do the best regardless of which team they play for.

It is of course up to you which players you choose but having 0 city and Liverpool players could be a bad move over the course of a season

Quick Reply

Latest