A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vividly clear)
    Where did you apply to?
    I'm going to be applying to Cambridge to read CompSci + Maths - that means I need A*A*A at A-level.

ReputationRep:
    Maths:A Further Maths:A Physics:B Chemistry:C
    I dropped the **** out of chemistry and I'm glad it's gone for good
    Wasn't expecting the A in Further maths. Was a very pleasant surprise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hogree)
    Results:

Music - Predicted A / Achieved A
    Maths - Predicted A / Achieved A
    Further Maths - Predicted A / Achieved A
    History - Predicted A* (Don't ask) / Achieved C
    May I say you've got a nice mix of subjects there! (I'm judging by your decision to do further maths without taking a science means that you study mathematics for its own sake rather than merely as a tool for practical situations. Nice to see a fellow pure mathematician! ) Also, congrats on your grades!

ReputationRep:
    Not quite sure how i did this, but in paper 1 English I got 12/50 lowest in my class, and in paper 2 I got 46/50 highest in my class.

ReputationRep:
    Results
    • Maths: Predicted A* / Achieved A.
    • Further Maths: Predicted A* / Achieved A.
    Comments and reactions
    Pretty pleased! I'm a little disappointed that I got 86 UMS for FP1 as I got 100 on the 3 applied modules and core 1 & 94 on core 2...I'm nervous for fp2 next year.

For AQA Further Maths, what are the requirements for an A*? Thanks!

My school didn't enter us for the physics or history AS and instead we did these 'in-house' tests and coursework...I think my school are a little tight. :tea:

Future ambitions
    Hoping to study maths at Cambridge, but unsure exactly what I want to do after that. :llama:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloexCharlotte)
    I did maths and physics with those specs as well and I have marks for maths but none for physics, so I wouldn't worry
    Same with me, so I don't think the 0/0 is anything to worry about.
    How did your results go for Maths and Physics?
    I felt the papers were challenging but nothing too bad today.

ReputationRep:
    Results
    • History: Predicted B / Achieved A
    • Geography: Predicted B / Achieved A
    • English language: Predicted C / Achieved B
    • Psychology: Predicted A / Achieved C
    Comments and reactions
    I've got to admit, I am disappointed with my psychology grade. I was really hoping for a B or an A. But it's okay! Since it doesn't count towards next year, I am determined to improve my grade. Apart from that, I am really happy with all my other grades

Future ambitions
    To study psychology at the university of east anglia

ReputationRep:
    A- Art

B- English lit

B- Eng lang

THat's freaking amazing!!! I didn't expect that- was expecting way lower grades!! WTFF?? Is this for real??!!! Lol so shocked right now!!!! Nah, I'm welllllll chuffed and immensely proud!!! just can't believe it!!! But that's just incredible, really pleased rn XD!!

ReputationRep:
    Results:

Music Tech - Predicted B / Achieved A
    Maths - Predicted B / Achieved B
    German - Predicted D / Achieved B
    Computer Science- Predicted B / Achieved C

Comments:
    I was extremely surprised about my A in Music Tech, because apparently it's quite hard to get an A in this subject.
    With my Maths, I'm still pleased about my B. But I'd still like to retake C2 and S1 to try and bump my grade up from a B to an A or A*
    Pretty surprised I got a B in German, considering I hate it. I'm dropping it.
    My Computer Science exam was a mock so I'm not too upset. Let's hope I get higher in the real thing..

Future Ambitions:
    I hope to study Music Tech at Keele University!

ReputationRep:
    Results
    • Psychology: Predicted A / Achieved A
    • Politics: A / Achieved A
    • Maths: Predicted B / Achieved B
    • History: Predicted A / Achieved B
    Comments and reactions
    I'm quite surprised with my history grade, this morning I was devastated and shocked but now I'm going to get it remarked and go from there.
    Overall I'm happy but just still a little surprised, I was predicted an A* at A2 for history, and have consistently been getting high As so I'm not sure where I really went so wrong.. in one paper i got an A and in the other a C.
    I was expecting maths and had spoken to Cambridge who still encouraged me to apply on the open day, but don't think 2As 2Bs is anywhere near their standards!
    Future ambitions
    Study Psychology at either KCL, Durham or Edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    Results

Biology: Predicted A / Achieved A
    Computer Science : Predicted A / Achieved A
    Maths: Predicted A / Achieved A
    Chemistry: Predicted B / Achieved C (dropping)

Comments and Reactions

A bit annoyed with chemistry because I knew I wasn't going to do well - I wanted to drop the subject ever since I started it and had 0 interest in it (only took it in case I wanted to do a biology related course). For the most part I'm satisfied - hopefully the chemistry grade doesn't weigh me down in Uni applications. The low grade boundaries were a bit of a scare. At least now I'm doing subjects I enjoy Just gonna work hard from now on - stick to a self-study schedule and be well prepared well in advance of exams.

Future Ambition

study Computer Science

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys-hope everyone got what they want and if you didn't then don't give up!

History:
    teacher's prediction: A
    my prediction: B
    grade: A
    English Lit:
    teacher's prediction: A
    my prediction: C
    Psychology:
    teacher's prediction: B
    Politics:
    teacher's prediction: B

moral of the story: Never underestimate yourself; you're capable of anything.

ReputationRep:
    Got B in Govt and Politics 😄
    C in History 😄
    Then a surprising and disheartening U in Psychology 😡😢

Most people in my psychology class got U's and I was expecting at least a C in Psychology thought I did well dunno wth happened tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Bricking it for the 25th now 😣😞

ReputationRep:
    Results: AAAAA

Biology : Predicted A / Achieved A
    Chemistry: Predicted A / Achieved A
    Maths: Predicted A / Achieved A
    Spanish: Predicted A / Achieved A
    Italian: Predicted A / Achieved A

Comments and reaction
    It was a surprise 😅 I wasn't expecting all A's
    Great boundaries for biology and chemistry were quite low so it helped.

Future ambitions:
    Hopefully medicine at UCL/Imperial 😊

Congratulations to everyone ☺

ReputationRep:
    Biology- A
    Chemistry- A
    History- A
    Maths- B

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh I'm so happy! I thought I had failed M2 making me miss out on A!
    Maths A
    Further Maths A
    Economics A
    Physics B

ReputationRep:
    Results
    • Maths (whole 2 year A-level): Predicted A* / Achieved A
    • Further Maths (only FP1 so far): Predicted A / Achieved A
    • Economics: Predicted A / Achieved B
    • Politics: Predicted A / Achieved A
    Comments and reactions
    A lot better than expected! I was fearing the worst as I tend to be quite panicky in exams when compared to my performance at home or in mocks (e.g. I got 100 UMS in my last FP1 mock but only got 82 in the real exam Still, I can't complain though; let's hope I can get the A* in FM in next year's set of modules!).

I'm disappointed that I missed the A* in Maths (my ambition is to go to Warwick; they like to see an A* in Maths) but I knew I wouldn't get it as I was a bit sleep deprived (about 4 hours of sleep prior ) going into the C4 exam (managed to get 73/100 UMS though, so not bad for someone stuck in zombie mode (was expecting 40!), although at home - whilst fully awake - I can consistently get mid/high 60's out of 72 (roughly 90+ UMS), so a bit peeved...).

I'm a bit annoyed about econ, especially since OCR doesn't tell you the scores for individual modules, so I'm not sure if I flopped the micro or the macro exam. Still, a B is ok I guess.

Lastly, politics was quite interesting. I got 62/100 UMS in Unit 1 (which is a C) but somehow managed to get 100 UMS in Unit 2!

Future ambitions

I hope to study Mathematics at Warwick University and become a Sixth Form Maths teacher when I'm older.

ReputationRep:
    predicted 3 Cs and a B in media:

media = A
    psychology = B
    english lit = B
    sociology = C
    !!!

overwhelmed with media. i got 100/100 in the coursework (somewhere along the way it got bumped up from 99???) and 93/100 in the exam after being stuck on getting around 70 in exams!!! i wrote 21 pages. i feel sorry for the examiner that read this but also very thankful that they gave me that mark.

4 people who took it got Bs in english and 2 people that took it got Bs in psychology lmfao. though i'm still looking for grade boundaries for both to see how close i was to an A/C!

also - we don't talk about sociology. i'm glad that lesson is finally out of my life.

glad to see many people happy with their results! if you're not, you have a whole year to step up your game good luck 2 everyone

ReputationRep:
    What was the UMS need in maths AS for a B

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.