The Student Room Group

A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChloexCharlotte
I did maths and physics with those specs as well and I have marks for maths but none for physics, so I wouldn't worry :smile:

Same with me, so I don't think the 0/0 is anything to worry about.
How did your results go for Maths and Physics?
I felt the papers were challenging but nothing too bad today.
Results

History: Predicted B / Achieved A

Geography: Predicted B / Achieved A

English language: Predicted C / Achieved B

Psychology: Predicted A / Achieved C

Comments and reactions
I've got to admit, I am disappointed with my psychology grade. I was really hoping for a B or an A. But it's okay! Since it doesn't count towards next year, I am determined to improve my grade. Apart from that, I am really happy with all my other grades :smile:

Future ambitions
To study psychology at the university of east anglia :h:
A- Art

B- English lit

B- Eng lang

THat's freaking amazing!!! I didn't expect that- was expecting way lower grades!! WTFF?? Is this for real??!!! Lol so shocked right now!!!! Nah, I'm welllllll chuffed and immensely proud!!! just can't believe it!!! But that's just incredible, really pleased rn XD:biggrin::h:!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Results:

Music Tech - Predicted B / Achieved A
Maths - Predicted B / Achieved B
German - Predicted D / Achieved B
Computer Science- Predicted B / Achieved C

Comments:
I was extremely surprised about my A in Music Tech, because apparently it's quite hard to get an A in this subject.
With my Maths, I'm still pleased about my B. But I'd still like to retake C2 and S1 to try and bump my grade up from a B to an A or A*
Pretty surprised I got a B in German, considering I hate it. I'm dropping it.
My Computer Science exam was a mock so I'm not too upset. Let's hope I get higher in the real thing..

Future Ambitions:
I hope to study Music Tech at Keele University!
(edited 7 years ago)
Results

Psychology: Predicted A / Achieved A

Politics: A / Achieved A

Maths: Predicted B / Achieved B

History: Predicted A / Achieved B

Comments and reactions
I'm quite surprised with my history grade, this morning I was devastated and shocked but now I'm going to get it remarked and go from there.
Overall I'm happy but just still a little surprised, I was predicted an A* at A2 for history, and have consistently been getting high As so I'm not sure where I really went so wrong.. in one paper i got an A and in the other a C.
I was expecting maths and had spoken to Cambridge who still encouraged me to apply on the open day, but don't think 2As 2Bs is anywhere near their standards!
Future ambitions
Study Psychology at either KCL, Durham or Edinburgh :smile:
Reply 225
Results

Biology: Predicted A / Achieved A
Computer Science : Predicted A / Achieved A
Maths: Predicted A / Achieved A
Chemistry: Predicted B / Achieved C (dropping)

Comments and Reactions

A bit annoyed with chemistry because I knew I wasn't going to do well - I wanted to drop the subject ever since I started it and had 0 interest in it (only took it in case I wanted to do a biology related course). For the most part I'm satisfied - hopefully the chemistry grade doesn't weigh me down in Uni applications. The low grade boundaries were a bit of a scare. At least now I'm doing subjects I enjoy :smile: Just gonna work hard from now on - stick to a self-study schedule and be well prepared well in advance of exams.

Future Ambition

study Computer Science
Hey guys-hope everyone got what they want and if you didn't then don't give up!

History:
teacher's prediction: A
my prediction: B
grade: A
English Lit:
teacher's prediction: A
my prediction: C
Psychology:
teacher's prediction: B
Politics:
teacher's prediction: B

moral of the story: Never underestimate yourself; you're capable of anything.
(edited 7 years ago)
Got B in Govt and Politics 😄
C in History 😄
Then a surprising and disheartening U in Psychology 😡😢

Most people in my psychology class got U's and I was expecting at least a C in Psychology thought I did well dunno wth happened tbh.
Bricking it for the 25th now 😣😞
Results: AAAAA

Biology : Predicted A / Achieved A
Chemistry: Predicted A / Achieved A
Maths: Predicted A / Achieved A
Spanish: Predicted A / Achieved A
Italian: Predicted A / Achieved A

Comments and reaction
It was a surprise 😅 I wasn't expecting all A's
Great boundaries for biology and chemistry were quite low so it helped.

Future ambitions:
Hopefully medicine at UCL/Imperial 😊

Congratulations to everyone
Biology- A
Chemistry- A
History- A
Maths- B
Ahhhh I'm so happy! I thought I had failed M2 making me miss out on A!
Maths A
Further Maths A
Economics A
Physics B
(edited 7 years ago)
Results

Maths (whole 2 year A-level): Predicted A* / Achieved A

Further Maths (only FP1 so far): Predicted A / Achieved A

Economics: Predicted A / Achieved B

Politics: Predicted A / Achieved A

Comments and reactions
A lot better than expected! I was fearing the worst as I tend to be quite panicky in exams when compared to my performance at home or in mocks (e.g. I got 100 UMS in my last FP1 mock but only got 82 in the real exam :frown: Still, I can't complain though; let's hope I can get the A* in FM in next year's set of modules!).

I'm disappointed that I missed the A* in Maths (my ambition is to go to Warwick; they like to see an A* in Maths) but I knew I wouldn't get it as I was a bit sleep deprived (about 4 hours of sleep prior :frown: ) going into the C4 exam (managed to get 73/100 UMS though, so not bad for someone stuck in zombie mode (was expecting 40!), although at home - whilst fully awake - I can consistently get mid/high 60's out of 72 (roughly 90+ UMS), so a bit peeved...).

I'm a bit annoyed about econ, especially since OCR doesn't tell you the scores for individual modules, so I'm not sure if I flopped the micro or the macro exam. Still, a B is ok I guess.

Lastly, politics was quite interesting. I got 62/100 UMS in Unit 1 (which is a C) but somehow managed to get 100 UMS in Unit 2!

Future ambitions

I hope to study Mathematics at Warwick University and become a Sixth Form Maths teacher when I'm older.
(edited 7 years ago)
predicted 3 Cs and a B in media:

media = A
psychology = B
english lit = B
sociology = C
!!!

overwhelmed with media. i got 100/100 in the coursework (somewhere along the way it got bumped up from 99???) and 93/100 in the exam after being stuck on getting around 70 in exams!!! i wrote 21 pages. i feel sorry for the examiner that read this but also very thankful that they gave me that mark.

4 people who took it got Bs in english and 2 people that took it got Bs in psychology lmfao. though i'm still looking for grade boundaries for both to see how close i was to an A/C!

also - we don't talk about sociology. i'm glad that lesson is finally out of my life.

glad to see many people happy with their results! if you're not, you have a whole year to step up your game :smile: good luck 2 everyone
What was the UMS need in maths AS for a B
Someone help
I.t - c
Business - b
Re - e

I wanted to do finance at a Russell group university but I doubt I'd even get considered

AS RESULTS BTW
Your help is much appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll post as in predicted grade/ actual grade
Maths B/B
Geography B/B
Psychology B/A
Physics B/A

AS btw
Remember it's putting in all the work you could. Compare results with your own aspirations not with other people's results!
Results
Chemistry - C
Physics - B
A2 Computing - B
FP1 - A
M1 - D (probably retaking)
D1 - C (probably retaking)
C1 - A
C2 - A
S1 - A

Comments
Not very happy about the results. I was expecting to get better grades considering how I felt about each of the exams when I did them.

Future Ambitions
Mathematics
What were the UMS needed for AS Maths EDEXCEL
Results

History - Target: B/ Archived: A (SO HAPPY OMG)

English Literature: Target B/ Achieved: B (considering I got Cs and Ds all year I am ecstatic)

Classcial Civilisation - Target: B/ Achieved: C (Not impressed with this but it could have been worse tbh)

Psychology - Targeted: B/ Accheived: D (I have no idea how that happened; I was so confident in the exam and thought I was going to get my target like I had all year - I seriously cried reading that)

Future ambitions
I'd love to study history at Birmingham Uni - AAA (I'm hoping to improve but it's not likely now :frown: ... ) and if all else fails, then become an olympic archery.

Quick Reply

Latest