The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Don Jesu
Offers and rejections from the 15th March onwards. I called them on Monday, hope that clears things up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't that on a Saturday?
Reply 2561
Original post by pencilsaregreat
Isn't that on a Saturday?

They did send out interview invites on a Saturday so it's possible they'll send out offers on a Saturday too!
Original post by Anxious Owl
I had a 1:55pm interview. I arrived about 30 mins before. I only spoke to one student. I asked them how they found PBL...

It's possible! A few people asked me about PBL so who knows :tongue:

Original post by hello10902
does anyone know what the early patient contact means? for example do we first years visit hospital departments mainly or gp surgeries and how often? i couldn't really find it on the website

It means you get to see some patients from the first year. You start of with a day every other week in a GP in year 1 where you can see various patients depending on the topic of the week.

In year 2 you have clinical exposure one day each week. It's set out as an alternating week - so one week you'll be at a GP, the next you'll be at a hospital and then you go back to the GP the following week etc.

How much you get to do it debatable, and depends on the practice and the patient themselves, but at the very least it's nice to have some exposure to patients and have a chat to see what life is like from their perspective. It certainly makes it less daunting in year 3 (start of clinical years) when you're thrown in the deep end and expected to do a fair bit more :tongue:
Hey guys, I was just wondering if any one else received the 'well done' or any positive comment from the interviewer that gave you some hope of offer? Because I know interviewers aren't meant to give any type of feedback straight after the interview. but my interviewer said well done while saying bye to me so I was just thinking if anyone had the same experience? Don't want to get my hopes high :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Offers and rejections from the 15th March onwards. I called them on Monday, hope that clears things up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That seems unlikely given that the 15th/16th is the weekend (not questioning your honesty, just saying that could be mistaken).

Maybe 17th then?
Original post by wilfred87
That seems unlikely given that the 15th/16th is the weekend (not questioning your honesty, just saying that could be mistaken).

Maybe 17th then?

Yes even I was thinking that as well the other day lol. I guess the admissions lady was confused when she told me that. We could either be pessimistic and assume the 17th or optimistic and assume the 14th :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2566
Yes even I was thinking that as well the other day lol. I guess the admissions lady was confused when she told me that. We could either be pessimistic and assume the 17th or optimistic and assume the 14th :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

When I rang up they told me mid March so maybe she gave an arbitrary date not realising it fell on a Saturday. Either way, not long :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jollygood
Hey guys, I was just wondering if any one else received the 'well done' or any positive comment from the interviewer that gave you some hope of offer? Because I know interviewers aren't meant to give any type of feedback straight after the interview. but my interviewer said well done while saying bye to me so I was just thinking if anyone had the same experience? Don't want to get my hopes high :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Well it's better than nothing :smile:

My interviewer said I had some mature views about the article and that he was impressed bt don't expect anything from it cos it would be devastating if its bad news - that's my approach anyway :smile: good luck though

Posted from TSR Mobile
First time writing on this thread! :smile:

I remember my interviewer telling me that we'll all find out mid march, so basically 16/17th onwards.
We find out on one day also!

I applied to UCL but Barts is my firm- love the medical school there!
Posted from TSR Mobile

lol I take that as a good sign!
Bear in mind that Barts have quite a high offer:interview ratio so I wouldn't be surprised if you did (after all) get an offer!
Original post by momo26396
lol I take that as a good sign!
Bear in mind that Barts have quite a high offer:interview ratio so I wouldn't be surprised if you did (after all) get an offer!

Hahha yeah I know they have a very high interview:redface:ffer so I am hoping to get one from here. Thanks for reassurance though :smile: And good luck to you

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
rejected! 17.58 on track!!!! :frown:
Original post by ocelot92

I'm so sorry to hear. Was this after your interview? How did you feel your interview went?

Did you not get any e-mails?

That sucks :frown:
Hopefully you can get a place elsewhere...

Now frantically checking track!! ://
Posted from TSR Mobile

One of my interviewers said 'That's what I wanted to hear!' once or twice and he was very supportive and engaged. I generally had a very friendly interview. Compared to another guy's at my school, I think I got off pretty lightly.

However as mentioned above, I'm trying not to get too excited! :redface:
****, just got a UCAS Media email, scared the **** out of me.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by General Maximus
I'm so sorry to hear. Was this after your interview? How did you feel your interview went?

Did you not get any e-mails?

Yes had interview on 26th! I felt I did badly to be fair so its not much of a surprise...

Original post by qwerty_96
That sucks :frown:
Hopefully you can get a place elsewhere...

Now frantically checking track!! ://

Can't been rejected and waiting to here back.. from KCL especially as thats the only one I have not had an interview yet! I think Ill take a gap year tbf, my stats are not bad to be fair :tongue:
Yes had interview on 26th! I felt I did badly to be fair so its not much of a surprise...

Can't been rejected and waiting to here back.. from KCL especially as thats the only one I have not had an interview yet! I think Ill take a gap year tbf, my stats are not bad to be fair :tongue:

Thanks for coming on here and letting us know :smile:
Reply 2578
Does anyone know if offers come through email like it did for interviews or is it all through track?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matthew150
****, just got a UCAS Media email, scared the **** out of me.

Same ahaha :colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending