Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anxious Owl)
    Hey, were you the guy that arrived in the morning - with a red tie, I think?
    Definitely didn't have a red tie!

(Original post by FFCrusader)
      Definitely didn't have a red tie!
      Ha, never mind! Okay, did you arrive in the morning, much earlier than you thought you would? (This is like 20 questions now)

ReputationRep:
      Any idea when barts will be getting back to us?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Ha, never mind! Okay, did you arrive in the morning, much earlier than you thought you would? (This is like 20 questions now)
      Would it help if I told you I was one of the students in blue?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by iacovos)
      Any idea when barts will be getting back to us?

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Probs mid to late March!

Would it help if I told you I was one of the students in blue?
        *Facepalm* That actually would. If I didn't speak to you I probably saw you around.

ReputationRep:
        About a week until the results are released *dun dun dun*

ReputationRep:
        *Facepalm* That actually would. If I didn't speak to you I probably saw you around.
        Were you in the morning then? Depending on the time I was taking people up the stairs so wouldn't have had much chance to talk to people.

Chatted to a fair few people in the afternoon though

Were you in the morning then? Depending on the time I was taking people up the stairs so wouldn't have had much chance to talk to people.

Chatted to a fair few people in the afternoon though
          I had a 1:55pm interview. I arrived about 30 mins before. I only spoke to one student. I asked them how they found PBL...

ReputationRep:
          does anyone know what the early patient contact means? for example do we first years visit hospital departments mainly or gp surgeries and how often? i couldn't really find it on the website

ReputationRep:
          When will they let us know, does anyone know? New to this thread sorry my interview was on the 17th. Has anyone had any offers or rejections post interview yet?

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by medics95)
          When will they let us know, does anyone know? New to this thread sorry my interview was on the 17th. Has anyone had any offers or rejections post interview yet?
          Can never be sure and it seems we've been told different things at interview but they should get back to us this coming week or next (HOPEFULLY!!). Internationals and grad applicants usually hear back first I think! :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
          Offers and rejections from the 15th March onwards. I called them on Monday, hope that clears things up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Don Jesu)
          Offers and rejections from the 15th March onwards. I called them on Monday, hope that clears things up

Posted from TSR Mobile
          Is that for post grads applying for a100 aswell?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
          Aah how frightening... Is this for A100? (I'm applying for A101 so if so I guess I should be expecting an update next week, eek!)

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
          Isn't that on a Saturday?

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by pencilsaregreat)
          Isn't that on a Saturday?
          They did send out interview invites on a Saturday so it's possible they'll send out offers on a Saturday too!

ReputationRep:
          I had a 1:55pm interview. I arrived about 30 mins before. I only spoke to one student. I asked them how they found PBL...
          It's possible! A few people asked me about PBL so who knows

(Original post by hello10902)
          does anyone know what the early patient contact means? for example do we first years visit hospital departments mainly or gp surgeries and how often? i couldn't really find it on the website
          It means you get to see some patients from the first year. You start of with a day every other week in a GP in year 1 where you can see various patients depending on the topic of the week.

In year 2 you have clinical exposure one day each week. It's set out as an alternating week - so one week you'll be at a GP, the next you'll be at a hospital and then you go back to the GP the following week etc.

How much you get to do it debatable, and depends on the practice and the patient themselves, but at the very least it's nice to have some exposure to patients and have a chat to see what life is like from their perspective. It certainly makes it less daunting in year 3 (start of clinical years) when you're thrown in the deep end and expected to do a fair bit more

ReputationRep:
          Hey guys, I was just wondering if any one else received the 'well done' or any positive comment from the interviewer that gave you some hope of offer? Because I know interviewers aren't meant to give any type of feedback straight after the interview. but my interviewer said well done while saying bye to me so I was just thinking if anyone had the same experience? Don't want to get my hopes high
          Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
          That seems unlikely given that the 15th/16th is the weekend (not questioning your honesty, just saying that could be mistaken).

Maybe 17th then?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.