The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WesterosWildling
No one kept Leicester out yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly. And a team like us, hot off the back of conceding three at Watford, undoubtedly won't be able to manage it.
Maybe Daniel Sturridge tries too hard on a physical level and that causes him to get his injuries?

It will get you goals but if physically you are demanding 100% from yourself that's what will happen eventually.
It's tough playing Leicester, because they sit deep and soak up pressure before attacking on the break. We can't stop tactics like that.

I think we'll have a direct approach tomorrow, akin to our Bournemouth performance in August where we were clearly testing the water and Rodgers was extremely cautious given how our 2014/15 season petered out.

I expect we'll play Benteke and go quite direct, which means we won't be dominating possession. I think we should be doing exactly what Leicester have been doing to others. Let's give them in the ball in their defence and let's see if Wes Morgan can spray it around.
I had a dream we thrashed Leicester by out-Leicestering them (soaking up pressure and hitting on the break).

Gonna win 3-1 which will start the first mini-slump for Leicester.
Original post by Zerforax
I had a dream we thrashed Leicester by out-Leicestering them (soaking up pressure and hitting on the break).

This would be glorious.

...and a miracle.
Original post by Lúcio
This would be glorious.

...and a miracle.

You mean because they've only lost to Arsenal all season and have 26 points from the last 30 available?

Nah we'll beat them

:moon:
Original post by Zerforax

That's the only way I can see us beating them. We should be confident in our ability to hit them on the break, given how we did it against Chelsea and Manchester City. I'm deadly serious in allowing them to have the majority of the possession. I think I'm right in saying they've only boasted the majority of the ball in only a couple of games this campaign, so it will be interesting to see how they handle that. Morgan has been a revelation this season, but largely because they defend so deep he can't be caught over the top. With that in mind, I'd be playing Benteke today to disrupt him, and give some knock downs to the pacier attacking trident behind him (preferably Coutinho and Ibe and maybe Origi due to their speed, but I realise it's unlikely to see both Firmino and Lallana benched).
(edited 8 years ago)
Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Henderson, Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho, Origi.

Subs: Bogdan, Toure, Benteke, Lucas, Allen, Teixeira, Randall
Please win :puppyeyes:
Pretty happy with that front four given Ibe's absence. I'd have maybe shoehorned Benteke in rather than deploy Firmino, though. I want as many lads who can find the net as possible in the attacking third today.

Come on the Reds.
you guys just got lucky there that was a penalty
Please just do your job today ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile
We've started well here. Origi in particular. He keeps showing good strength and willing to make a fist of it in the PL. He isn't at all daunted by going up against big, physical centre-halves, is he?
FFS. Origi off injured and replaced by Benteke. Hope it's not serious, but he headed straight down the tunnel. I guess we'll know how serious if he reappears to sit in the dugout at some stage during the second-half.
Reply 2854
Only just woke up, how are we playing?
Hm. Disappointing half, really. Origi looked inventive and purposeful going forward, so that tweak to his hamstring is a big shame. That said, it gives Benteke a reason to show Klopp why he doesn't need patience and he should be starting games right now.

Lolll lads!
Leicester haven't impressed me thus far. Those are usually famous last words, though...
Benteke! 1-0
Woo Big Ben :biggrin:

Just as I was falling asleep.

Latest