Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Runner0204;60997049]
    (Original post by ZachyS7)

Mines is at 9am, the college gave me accommodation. What are your grades/predictions if you don't mind me asking? (I always ask other Scottish people haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    AAAA for maths, mechanics, chemistry and physics you? and also how's your powerpoint slides coming along?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=ZachyS7;60997475]
    (Original post by Runner0204)

AAAA for maths, mechanics, chemistry and physics you? and also how's your powerpoint slides coming along?
    4A's for maths, physics, chemistry and graphics (crashing) and at higher I got 5A1's and 1A2. I'm more or less finished them I think, just don't know how much information to include haha. How are yours going?

ReputationRep:
    I've got Mech eng (via NatSci) on the 8th, staying on the 7th. Does anyone know what the written test is? Is it a TSA? Please help a confused Norwegian student
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by splattbat)
    I've got Mech eng (via NatSci) on the 8th, staying on the 7th. Does anyone know what the written test is? Is it a TSA? Please help a confused Norwegian student
    I presume you mean Chem Eng not Mech Eng?

If it's not called a TSA it won't be the TSA. More likely to be a maths/physics test.

edit to add: http://www.joh.cam.ac.uk/natural-sciences-physical
    "Test at Interview
    For Natural Sciences Physical you will be required to take a 1-hour written test set by the College, either before or after your interview. The test is designed to test ability in Mathematics and to see how candidates apply their mathematical ability to Physics and Chemistry. Students not taking Chemistry or Physics at AS level will not be penalized by their inability to answer questions on these subjects. The test is based on the core A-level syllabuses and is designed to be accessible to all applicants.Some sample questions from previous years are available."

http://www.joh.cam.ac.uk/index.php?q...20Physical.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    I presume you mean Chem Eng not Mech Eng?

If it's not called a TSA it won't be the TSA. More likely to be a maths/physics test.

edit to add: http://www.joh.cam.ac.uk/natural-sciences-physical
    "Test at Interview
    For Natural Sciences Physical you will be required to take a 1-hour written test set by the College, either before or after your interview. The test is designed to test ability in Mathematics and to see how candidates apply their mathematical ability to Physics and Chemistry. Students not taking Chemistry or Physics at AS level will not be penalized by their inability to answer questions on these subjects. The test is based on the core A-level syllabuses and is designed to be accessible to all applicants.Some sample questions from previous years are available."

http://www.joh.cam.ac.uk/index.php?q...20Physical.pdf
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Any Geographers got Interviews???

ReputationRep:
    The interview was awesome. It was really an excellent experience. I am satisfied.

ReputationRep:
    What day has everyone got their interviews!!!????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahjennyp)
    Aaah did you have yours today?? Which subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah. Through skype. Maths and Computer Sc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bilalmuh123)
    What day has everyone got their interviews!!!????
    8th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12284)
    8th
    8th as well. chem eng?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got chem eng on the 8th? Can anyone tell me what the general interview is? Is it an interview or just a briefing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deldaluslime)
    8th as well. chem eng?
    nope, bio natsci.
    do you have to do the tsa at 11am?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12284)
    nope, bio natsci.
    do you have to do the tsa at 11am?
    Consider yourself lucky.
    I have the TSA at about 5pm. After all my interviews.

ReputationRep:
    Any mathmos staying the night in Johns tonight?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjsnyder)
    Any mathmos staying the night in Johns tonight?
    Leaving the States today to be there for interview Saturday. Good luck!

BTW, do you know if there is or is not a college test for maths? This webpage: http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.a...es/mathematics says there is, but my son's invitation letter does not mention it anywhere...

There also doesn't seem to be any interview prep information for maths on the applicants website although there is for many (most?) other subjects. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsckmom)
    Leaving the States today to be there for interview Saturday. Good luck!

BTW, do you know if there is or is not a college test for maths? This webpage: http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.a...es/mathematics says there is, but my son's invitation letter does not mention it anywhere...

There also doesn't seem to be any interview prep information for maths on the applicants website although there is for many (most?) other subjects. :/

I also was wondering about this so I emailed the admissions office. There is no written test for St John's. Best of luck for your son.

ReputationRep:
    Any St. John's engineering applicants who've had their interviews, how many questions did you answer in the maths test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone staying tonight with interviews tomorrow? Is it easy to know where to go etc ? Getting slightly nervous haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salnajjar)
    Hi, I got an interview for PBS on the 11th I'm an international student.

I was wondering whether other international students are sending back their slips through email or post? It would take ages to arrive by post since I live in Egypt!

Also, does anyone else have an interview on the 11th? It would be lovely to meet some of you.

Best of luck to everyone xx
    I've got one tomorrow!☺️

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.